Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1973 07 08 Sydney 127.55 Aud (BengoFury-flambay) ZTLS #281
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
uncle Z
Busy Poster
ukraine.gif
Post 2010-09-12 17:45   [Quote] 
Merci!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2011-12-17 18:43   [Quote] 
c'mon this isn't a B. It's a B+\B!

KB69
Post 2015-02-10 02:43   [Quote] 
Thank you! Road Ladies...very cool!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
superjudge
sweden.gif
Post 2018-07-14 14:17   [Quote] 
I have the old version of this which is most likely the original seed, and that one has Road Ladies after Comik Debris, so it's Dupree, Inca, Cosmik, Road Ladies, Farther.

I would argue that that is the correct order, because:

After Cosmik, on the old version, Frank says "...something else that's still in the blues department",
("introducing Barry Leef" in this version).

He would more likely say that after having played a blues than Dupree's Paradise.

Also, after Road Ladies:

This version: Tells band to come back on stage then "hit it, George" after just a couple of seconds.

Old version: Tells band to come back on stage, a couple of cymbal hits, Farther intro, tuning.

Except for the cut right after Dupree, which appear on both versions, I can't hear any cuts between tracks on either version, except for the slightest of difference in background noise right before "hit it, George" in this version.

What's clear is that somewhere along the line between my old download, (which is from I don't know where, I don't know when), someone moved Road Ladies.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-07-14 20:12   [Quote] 
superjudge wrote:
I have the old version of this which is most likely the original seed, and that one has Road Ladies after Comik Debris, so it's Dupree, Inca, Cosmik, Road Ladies, Farther.

I checked the j-card of my cassette and found a third order.

flambay: …Road Ladies, Inca Roads, Cosmik Debris…
superjudge: …Inca Roads, Cosmik Debris, Road Ladies…
drdork: …Cosmik Debris, Road Ladies, Inca Roads…

I got the cassette from AH in 1997. UM's setlist has the same track order.

AW's setlist in T'Mershi Duween #44 has a fourth order, like flambay's but with Cosmik Debris and Farther Oblivion moved to the end:

Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?, Zomby Woof, Dupree's Paradise, Road Ladies, Inca Roads, Mr. Green Genes/King Kong/Chunga's Revenge, Cosmik Debris, Farther Oblivion

JN's FZShows version 4 has the same track order as AW. But version 5 has the same order as flambay.

The walk tape that was sampled in 2007 is missing Cosmik Debris and Farther Oblivion. The tracks that are there match the flambay/JN5, drdork/AH/UM, and AW/JN4 orders, but not the superjudge order.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-07-14 20:35   [Quote] 
The AW/JN4 order looks wrong, with the encore medley coming so early. My guess is that it's based on a tape of the short version (as in walk's samples) with the two missing songs (taken from the long version) tacked on the end.

The drdork/AH/UM order satisfies superjudge's argument that Cosmik Debris should immediately precede Road Ladies. And it also agrees with all the orders except superjudge's in placing Road Ladies immediately before Inca Roads.

I will have to listen to side B of my cassette.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
superjudge
sweden.gif
Post 2018-07-14 21:22   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
superjudge wrote:

I checked the j-card of my cassette and found a third order.

flambay: …Road Ladies, Inca Roads, Cosmik Debris…
superjudge: …Inca Roads, Cosmik Debris, Road Ladies…
drdork: …Cosmik Debris, Road Ladies, Inca Roads…

I got the cassette from AH in 1997. UM's setlist has the same track order.

AW's setlist in T'Mershi Duween #44 has a fourth order, like flambay's but with Cosmik Debris and Farther Oblivion moved to the end:

Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?, Zomby Woof, Dupree's Paradise, Road Ladies, Inca Roads, Mr. Green Genes/King Kong/Chunga's Revenge, Cosmik Debris, Farther Oblivion

JN's FZShows version 4 has the same track order as AW. But version 5 has the same order as flambay.

The walk tape that was sampled in 2007 is missing Cosmik Debris and Farther Oblivion. The tracks that are there match the flambay/JN5, drdork/AH/UM, and AW/JN4 orders, but not the superjudge order.

Weird.

Unfortunately, in the olden days I didn't save the files, I just burned CDs...

On my version, after Frank tells the rest of the band to come back on stage (after Road Ladies, before Farther), you can hear a guy laughing to himself.

There's a couple of ha has and an inhalation. It sounds uninterrupted to me.

This one has the beginning of the laughter and then "hit it, George" before Inca Roads.

The end of the laugh, the inhalation, takes place after Cosmik Debris after Frank says "Alright".

But there's no apparent cut on any of them, just a slight "dip" in the noise before "hit it, George".

I'm also hating myself for sitting here listening to a guy laugh to himself and wondering which laugh sounds more natural Laughing
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: