Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
You Can't Do That On Bootz Anymore - Volume 1 - The Vinyl  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2007-06-09 22:44   [Quote] 
I am pleased to announce the long awaited and most authoritative book on Zappa bootlegs so far produced, will very soon be published. In collaboration with hard-core Zappa bootleg collectors from all over the world, Dieter Jakob has patiently and carefully assembled all known bootlegs and variants in a full colour book.

I have had a very small part in Dieterís researches, and I am pleased to publicise the book here. Here is the email Dieter sent me:

Dieter Jakob wrote:

Dear friends of the music of Frank Zappa,

After almost ten years of work Iíve finished - with the help of many friends - the book ĎYou Canít Do That On Bootz Anymore - The Vinylí, a book about the unofficial music of Frank Zappa. Since a few days it is ready to be printed. Some technical facts in short:

500 pages A4 (large format, about 8.2 by 11.7 inches), almost all pages full coloured.
Hardcover with thread sewing
Digitally printed on special high quality paper (paper used for illustrated books)
More than 3600 (!) photos from covers, label, vinyl (LPs and singles), booklets, other details, etc. about more than 300 different titles (vinyl only!)

The book is most probably the most comprehensive work about the unofficial records of Frank Zappa, and might remain it for a very long time.

Due to the fact that the production cost will amount to a small fortune and that I want to distribute the book on a self-cost base (don't start celebrating too soon, it wonít be cheap anyway!), itís very important to me to know how many of you are interested in the book.

In order to give you an idea about what you are ordering (you donít have to buy a pig in a poke), youíll find enclosed a pdf-file with some excerpts.

Due to the low numbered edition and to the high quality production the book will cost 110 Euro (shipping not included). Delivery will be in fall 2007.

Please send me your order and the number of books you want to purchase latest until July 5, 2007 to the following address: zappabootz@gmx.de
The number of requests will the basis for me to determine the number of books to be printed.

Payments can be done by money transfer (EU states only) or paypal (+ 5 Euro). I'll send you a separate email later with further details if you want to purchase the book.

Music is the best!

Dieter Jakob

PS: Please feel free to send this announcement to your friends.

I have included Dieter's sampler excerpts1.pdf

I have also uploaded three other PDFs that I had the pleasure of helping with (although I wasn't that much help really!).
Please bear in mind that the three additional files (Titties.pdf, The Ark.pdf and Good evening.pdf) are work-in-progress and the entries for these boots may be quite different in the finished book.

If you would like a copy of this book, contact Dieter directly - and be sure to mention The Zappateers. We won't get a commission - but I'm hoping we might get a mention Wink

N.B. You will need a fairly recent version of Acrobat Reader to view these files.

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

Last edited by StatusBaby on 2007-06-09 23:13; edited 3 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
taurus
Busy Poster
canada.gif
Post 2007-06-09 22:56   [Quote] 
That looks amazing thanks for posting. That's the kind of book I used to leaf through over and over. My copies of Hot Wax are really worn out and this book blows Hot Wax out of the water.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rushomancy
Busy Poster
Post 2007-06-12 16:38   [Quote] 
Nice, but a cursory glance led me to notice that you have the wrong band lineup for the Halloween 1972 bootleg.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
groovetuber
usa.gif
Post 2007-06-13 07:48   [Quote] 
Wow, that looks like a realy awesome book! I wish your friend luck with the sales.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
darkbarker
uk.gif
Post 2007-06-13 16:04   [Quote] 
This really looks excellent, but at 110 euros I'd have to pass - have you considered selling it for less as a decent quality pdf (maybe even releasing it in segments?)
Good job, though!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Hasi
Power Poster
austria.gif
Post 2007-06-13 16:22   [Quote] 
rushomancy wrote:
Nice, but a cursory glance led me to notice that you have the wrong band lineup for the Halloween 1972 bootleg.

I forgave him that error and ordered a copy Razz

www.theimpossiblefestival.com
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cosmikd
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-06-13 17:45   [Quote] 
darkbarker wrote:
This really looks excellent, but at 110 euros I'd have to pass - have you considered selling it for less as a decent quality pdf (maybe even releasing it in segments?)
Good job, though!

It's a good idea Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2007-06-30 23:54   [Quote] 
rushomancy wrote:

I suggest you email Dieter with corrections.

As to the price and PDF options - likewise please email Dieter directly - I'm sure he'll be open to suggestions.

I am only the messenger here - I had a very very small hand in helping with the project and I am not in regular contact with Dieter so please feel free to contact him directly.

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2007-12-21 22:41   [Quote] 
Hasi wrote:
rushomancy wrote:

I forgave him that error and ordered a copy Razz

Have you received your copy yet Hasi ?
Got mine a couple of days ago and am really impressed.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Hasi
Power Poster
austria.gif
Post 2007-12-21 22:43   [Quote] 
Not yet, but i'm looking forward to it and will report as soon as it arrives.

www.theimpossiblefestival.com
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: