Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1985 09 19 Senate Hearings DVD D3 (Drew51 Lagz unicrayon)
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
DL-List
Complete: [ 228 ]

unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-05-18 13:44   [Quote] 
The Senate Commerce Committee: Hearing on rock lyrics
September 19th 1985
U.S. Senate, Washington D.C. USA

Here ya go. The U.S. Senate Commerce Committee. Commerce Committee??? What do lyrics/words have to do with commerce??
Just over 4 hours of The United States Government at work for you!

For the people that are 'Legal' residents of the United States, call or write your Senator, Congressperson
or local representative and tell them how you feel about the issues that are effecting you and your country!
You can make a difference!

Capture process:

Drew51's VHS Masters (2hr speed)> Sony DCR-TRV27 with Digital Pass-Thru> Firewire to PC> Adobe Premier Pro

Fills: Lagz VHS Master (4hr speed)

Transfer: Lagz

Authoring and Zappateers Branding: Unicrayon

Encoding:

NTSC 29.97 fps : Aspect ratio 4:3

Video encoding rate: 2-Pass VBR Target Max 8mbps / Min 7200mbps (Disc-4 encoded at a much lower rate to fit disc)

Audio encoding rate: PCM Audio

Enjoy!
Drew51, Lagz, Unicrayon

Disc-1
Zappateers Credits
Sen. Danforth
Sen. Hollings
Sen. Paul Trible
Sen. Al Gore Jr.
Sen. Paula Hawkins
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Tipper Gore and the PMRC-1
XXX Presentation for PMRC by Rev. Jeff Ling
Tipper Gore-2
Zappateers Credits

Disc-2
Zappateers Credits
Sen. Danforth
Sen. Al Gore Jr.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller IV
Sen. James Exon
Sen. Paula Hawkins
Mr. Frank Zappa
Zappateers Credits

Disc-3
John Denver
Sen. Danforth
Sen. Hollings
Sen. Al Gore Jr.
Sen. James Exon
Sen. Larry Pressler
Dee Snider
Sen. Danforth
Sen. Hollings
Sen. Al Gore Jr.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller IV
Sen. Larry Pressler
Zappateers Credits

Disc-4
Millie Waterman - Nat. PTA
Stanley Gortikov - President RIAA
Dr. Joe Steussy and Dr. Paul King
Zappateers Credits

2007 05 15 - Drew ZRP Archives/Lagz Archives/Zappateers production by unicrayon.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Lagz
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-18 14:03   [Quote] 
Thrills! As the Senators all have orgasms when John Denver enters the room!

Chills! As Dee Snider struts in (The Twisted what??? roflol ) and totally unleashes on the PMRC.
This disc is not to be missed either! Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-05-18 14:13   [Quote] 
OMG! it's John Denver! We want to have your babies! Inseminate us now!

I love Sen Danforth's face as first he's chuckling with his mate about the band's name ... then realizes Dee Snider's entourage is entering - The smirk falls from his face and fluctuates between nervous professionalism and fear.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Lagz
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-18 15:54   [Quote] 
Truly unbelievable! These hearings were a complete waste of taxpayer money.

Your goverment at work on the illegal immigration issue
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-18 16:37   [Quote] 
Quote:
Your government at work on the illegal immigration issue

Losers, all of them, how dare they!
A 1000 page bill BTW, still being written, and they passed it, what? Yes, they passed a bill yet to be finished! Yes people please vote!
This disc is essential. I thought Denver did a fine job. He was effective, and certainly disagreed with the PMRC. Snider was effective in his own way. Trying to portray a positive message, and is grouped with those who do not. Some excellent points.
I disagree with the means used to an ends in this case. In general many so called "causes" today and how they are approached makes me sick. It's not what they want, it's how they plan on achieving it.
Now as an adult, having experience, and formal training and such. I do agree some music is very troubling. I myself disallowed some CD's in this house. I felt they offered no social redeeming value, had destructive negative thought, had nothing positive to say. But I determined that, I don't need the government to tell me what is not acceptable. I have always been for less government, a fundamental principle of conservatism. The other side advocates massive government intervention, in all it can, to control it IMHO. Government sucks at whatever it does. I know some government regulation is absolutely essential. They still suck at it too! I'm not for no government, just for as little as possible. I'm glad to see that the Senators in general didn't want government intervention in this case, so all is not lost. No regulation was passed BTW. Though ratings did occur, even censored versions were common. Not sure how much these days?
I thought it was extremely interesting on the fourth disc, which is the least needed of these discs. the comments about having a panel rate this stuff, a panel, not the parent, but a panel to determine when something was explicit, a panel to control ratings..to have the power. Certain political factions want to tell restaurants how much trans-fat they can use. Where you smoke, if allowed at all, as far as not even in your home! How many carbon credits you get. They want to ban SUV's, so tell me what I can drive. Apparently even want my money as they know better what to do with it then myself. Control what I eat, what I drive, what I wear. If I can have a weapon to defend myself or not. Group rights, not individual rights, the major difference. I'm for individual rights myself. I guess the question is do these behaviors influence or infringe on others? That is certainly debatable.
The spin, lies and propaganda I see today kills me . I could write a book on it all. The BS is very deep.

Here is a good example of spin

Everybody who has ever eaten bananas had died. Those still alive who have eaten bananas, will die.

That statement is 100% true, yet tells me nothing about the safety of Bananas.
Same as most news today insert your favorite subject, doesn't matter it's all BS!

Power to the people! -JL
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-18 18:20   [Quote] 
Thanks again for a great set of dvds!! Made my week. Smile

I think there needs to be some kind of handle on the self defense issue though... people who are completely retarded and stupid can get guns far too easy and the rest of us pay for their behaviour when things get nasty. I dont want a gun in my house but when everyone else can have one I am forced to either choose no gun and take my chances or get one and run the risk of my two boys acting a fool with it. I would never have a gun in my house without training my boys how to use it of course but you know kids... they have friends and they have to show off sometimes and then when an "accident" happens I'm going to jail.

Well... that's grim perspective but one I feel I need to mull over anyway.

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-19 03:33   [Quote] 
I just wanted to note, that some broadcast flaws exist. Two sentences are echoed at 51:27 or around there. A few video dropouts and some smeared audio. Though it is very minimal.
Same with disc 4.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
takke044
netherlands.gif
Post 2007-05-19 16:13   [Quote] 
Hi,
It's very interesting to see some of the posts over here concerning 'government' versus 'non-government' (nothing personal Drew!).

In European eyes, this might not necessarily be the issue in the context of the Senate Hearings. 'We' tend to see the PMRC more as conservative religious groups interfering in State and even national politics.

Americans going a long way to complain about 'too much government' say this from a very American point of view, IMHO. By which I mean that they might have never visited Sweden or Holland, with big gevernments and still among the lowest figures in corruption anywhere (the latter economy is Americanising in a big way very rapidly, along with the rest of Yurp).

I personally think it is sad for a 'free' country like the US that some states have gotten so free that even organisations like the cadastre (f.i. in New Orleans) are so negotiable that it's a free for all over there at this moment where it comes to land ownership. This would never happen in all-governmental European social-democratic environments I'm sure. But still, examples of bad government(-al organisations) do not prove that a government as such is bad. It is just a different way of dealing with the social environment.

I am going back to my TV set, watching the second disc of the hearings. It is very very cool, and also an insightful look into democracy. FYI I don't mind about the tax paying citizens in the US having to endure this. They have no idea I am sure, about how much tax I am paying in Holland (although also in this point we are Americanising very quickly) and I never complain, bacause you can just see what is being done for you. But hey, the Americans got Zappa in a senate hearing! How cool is that!

Remco, in a mild culture shock
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-20 02:12   [Quote] 
Quote:
about how much tax I am paying in Holland

I know, and don't want it here. Listen, we complain a lot over here, and the left and right are very divided right now. Well always have been really. Always fighting.....But our economy and standard of living are kicking the shit out of the rest of the world. We live damn good. We have no limits on what we can obtain in life. Many do not realize this, but that's their problem. It's a gold mine over here.
Zappa was heard, we can all be heard, it's a great system. Even though we complain, and don't like what is happening, the system is build to correct it. I wish more people would participate to change it. At least it is possible. It works with good people and participation.
Also private citizens gave almost 2 billion to fix New Orleans. We don't need the government to do it, we can do it better. We have each others backs....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
durian1
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-20 05:39   [Quote] 
drew51 wrote:
I just wanted to note, that some broadcast flaws exist. Two sentences are echoed at 51:27 or around there. A few video dropouts and some smeared audio. Though it is very minimal.
Same with disc 4.

Is disc 4 up already (and I'm just not finding it)?

Thanks a lot for these.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-20 15:09   [Quote] 
I do think having a bit more government is good though... we need that to take care of quite a few things that take money. Tax money. Shrinking government can be dangerous because the less there is and the more you depend on independent companies the worse the spending can potentially get for the consumer and citizen. Private enterprise WILL take advantage of people and the market. So I am a bit divided on less government vs. more.

Wowizowi
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-22 01:15   [Quote] 
drew51 wrote:
We live damn good. We have no limits on what we can obtain in life. It's a gold mine over here. Zappa was heard, we can all be heard, it's a great system.

At whose expense? I had to laugh when Senator Paula Hawkins of Florida, a state that ranks near the bottom in public school spending, stated "the wealth of a nation is measured by its children". What a hypocrite. This system has too few having way too much! And it's getting worse.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
thisisradioclash
canada.gif
Post 2008-05-14 00:08   [Quote] 
This is awesome. Can anyone please reseed? Much appreciated!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
filmcode
Post 2009-06-25 18:40   [Quote] 
SOMEONE PLEASE SEED!! I would be so grateful...

Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
NO8DO
Contributor
columbia.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-06-25 19:08   [Quote] 
filmcode wrote:
SOMEONE PLEASE SEED!! I would be so grateful...

Smile

Seeding for you now.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Videos All times are GMT

Jump to: