Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1975 04 25 Uniondale 83.48 Aud MC (Yojimbo)
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
DL-List
Complete: [ 300 ]

Yojimbo
Contributor
sweden.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-10 15:46   [Quote] 
From FZShows:

25-Apr 1975, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
84 min, Aud, B+/B
Improvisations, A Token Of My Extreme, Stinkfoot, I'm Not Satisfied, Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy, Velvet Sunrise, Pound For A Brown, Sleeping In A Jar, Poofter's Froth Wyoming Plans Ahead, Echidna's Arf, improvisations, The Torture Never Stops, Willie The Pimp

Lineage: Audience master->CDR (standalone burner)->EAC->SoundForge (editing, speed correction, retracking)->FLAC Frontend

One of the few Bongo Fury tour tapes that doesn’t seem to have circulated as lossless. Rather listenable sound, if somewhat distant and echo-ey. As on many tapes from this tour, it comes with lots of good jamming - the opening improvisations, Pound For A Brown and Echidna’s Arf, but also in Willie The Pimp, with a long, explorative solo from FZ.
The beginning of the recording was very “glitchy”, as if the taper had problems connecting the microphone. I removed most of the gaps here, resulting in lots of little skips, but I think it’s less annoying than it was before. The problems end after ~40 seconds.

01 improvisations
02 A Token Of My Extreme
03 Stinkfoot
04 I'm Not Satisfied
05 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
06 Velvet Sunrise
07 Pound For A Brown (tapeflip @ 8:28)
08 Sleeping In A Jar
09 Poofter's Froth Wyoming Plans Ahead
10 Echidna's Arf
11 improvisations
12 The Torture Never Stops
13 Willie The Pimp
 [Profile]  [PM] 
goodking
Poster
Post 2007-05-10 15:58   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot, Yojimbo! ^^
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-10 16:02   [Quote] 
hug
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-10 16:19   [Quote] 
Thanks!! Looking forward to this one!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-05-10 16:26   [Quote] 
Takk, Jon!
prost

zeeker
Power Poster
Post 2007-05-10 18:04   [Quote] 
I went to this show & it has been on my "wish" list forever. Thanks for putting this one up.

This was my 5th time seeing FZ & band but the first time hearing Beefheart live and the first time hearing the impressive Terry Bozzio. He was playing Frank's Ludwig Octa-Plus kit, the same one used previously by Chester, but to me this was an entirely new kind of beast behind the drums. I even went so far as to go down to the stage, after the show, to meet him & find out his name.

Sha-Na-Na opened up the show. I recall one of the members, the tall one, I think Bowser was his name, arguing with one of the other singers during the performance & spitting, full force, in his face. I was amazed the other guy, who was half his size, didn't kick him, straight away in the balls but instead wiped his face & carried on with the show.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cosmikd
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-10 19:00   [Quote] 
Thank you Jon! Smile
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Chunga's Revenge
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-10 19:18   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot Jon!
One of my favourite bands Very Happy
Thanks Zeeka for his story also.

zootknuckle
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-10 20:32   [Quote] 
Thanks very much ... tunes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
akimak
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-10 22:04   [Quote] 
winko Yummy. Thanks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2007-05-10 22:55   [Quote] 
First and foremost: Thanks for this, Yojimbo.

Just for the record, though, there are some little clicks and digital whatnot no doubt introduced by the CD burner. I've always felt that stand-alone CD burners belong in a closet with the cable cookers and green markers - a 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0, it doesn't matter if the laser is professionally calibrated by hand by a group of Swiss elves if the burner suddenly can't figure a 1 for a 0 due to running out of cache storage.

I'm not saying that CPU burners are flawless, but I've heard about as many errors come from standalones as CPU burners from a similar era, if not more.

But rather than launch off in a continue this diatribe, I'll keep it brief - the clicks I'm focusing on at the moment, the particularly ungodly ones, come at the 7:13 mark of Carolina. There're others, but I haven't paid close enough attention to mark them yet.

Still, burning mishaps aside, there's no way you can be blamed for what some goofy taper decided to do with his master. This is an awesome show, and praise be for seeing fit to unleash it upon us.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-05-11 00:23   [Quote] 
a master? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah! thanks!

portugal.gif
Post 2007-05-11 02:07   [Quote] 
Thanks!! nothing like a 75 show...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-05-11 02:18   [Quote] 
Excellent. Thanks for sharing with us Yojimbo.

Quote:
Sha-Na-Na opened up the show. I recall one of the members, the tall one, I think Bowser was his name, arguing with one of the other singers during the performance & spitting, full force, in his face. I was amazed the other guy, who was half his size, didn't kick him, straight away in the balls but instead wiped his face & carried on with the show.

My brother-in-law was at this show and asked me if there was a tape of it. Now, 32 years later he will hear it again! Funny, he never mentioned Sha-Na-Na though. I remember Sha-Na-Na's TV show which I think was airing around this time. Bowzer spitting in someone's face? Classic.

Kind regards,
Overnitefreak
 [Profile]  [PM] 
fadel
Busy Poster
morocco.gif
Post 2007-05-11 03:56   [Quote] 

Yojimbo
                                                                                                              wow                               wow
music014                                                                                                              Zappateers!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: