Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1981 06 - Falling In Love Is A Stupid Habit 1.42 (drew51-progrockfan)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased
DL-List
Complete: [ 300 ]

progrockfan
Contributor
uk.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-03-04 17:47   [Quote] 
Falling In Love Is A Stupid Habit
Recorded Jun. 1981, UMRK
Features FZ on piano
Sourced from drew51's collection > Edited by progrockfan

From Stucco Holmes:

Quote:
I am also a member of the yahoo zappa_list and a fellow named Dwayne Bailey, who played guitar with Chicago awhile back, is also a member there and he wrote this in a post at that group:

Quote:
In 1981, Jimmy invited me to a house he was staying at in the Hollywood Hills. Later that night, he and The Grandmothers were playing a show at The Roxy in Hollywood.

Earlier that day, Jimmy had been up at FZ's house where FZ had recorded a new song called Falling In Love Is A Stupid Habit for Jimmy on a little ghetto blaster.

When Jimmy got back to his house, he let me make a copy from his master copy. I still have that tape too. It's a simple recording of FZ sitting at his Bosendorfer grand piano, singing it into the mic of a boom box.

This was just part of a long letter about his experiences with Frank. Just thought I would share this about this song.

From BengoFury:

Quote:
Funny enough, FZ denies ever having heard of this song, in the 1989 12 22 Society Pages interview.

The Bastard Son's reply to BengoFury:

Quote:
Well, actually I can understand why he did.

Where Credit Is Due Dept: This track originates directly from drew51's collection— all progrockfan did was perform a bit of editing, write a .txt file, re-name & re-post. This track needed a placement in the Outtakes/Unreleased forum for the sake of completeness.

Enjoy!— drew51 / progrockfan

Lineage: drew51 Samples post > download > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 > wav > Cool Edit Pro 2.1 > trim lead-in and lead-out > declick tape flaw at 00:01 > FLAC Frontend 1.7.1 > FLAC Level 8 > your ears

Last edited by progrockfan on 2007-03-05 06:41; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
fadel
Busy Poster
morocco.gif
Post 2007-03-05 03:40   [Quote] 

band                                                                                                                         band

--                                                  TGuitar Solo Baz H          AGuitar Solo Al N          K blues S

drew5 thumbsup prog headbanger fan
----                                                                                                                                  wings
music014 __________________________________________________ZAPPA :Zmoustache: EERS____________________.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-03-05 04:28   [Quote] 
Thanks Progrockfan for putting these all out, interesting collection of items. Also for handling some of my outtakes as it gives me time to dig out more items for upload. Time Is money!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Almanzart
Power Poster
canada.gif
Post 2007-03-06 00:28   [Quote] 
coffee2
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
db
Post 2007-05-30 02:02   [Quote] 
I'm the guy (Dawayne Bailey) who got the copy from Jimmy Carl Black's original tape that he recorded at Zappa's home that day back in 1981. I still have the original tape that this all came from.

I wrote a song for Jimmy Carl Black back then and we ended up co-writing a handful of tunes through the years. We are currently finishing up recording a new song called Chief Old Fox. Jimmy writes the words and I write the music.

http://www.myspace.com/dawaynebailey
http://www.dawaynebailey.com
 [Profile]  [PM] 
tempelton
ireland.gif
Post 2008-04-25 00:55   [Quote] 
I haven't heard this since I was in Prague in the 1990's. Many thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
uncle Z
Busy Poster
ukraine.gif
Post 2010-09-13 08:54   [Quote] 
FZ was right! thanks!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
RodJenson
usa.gif
Post 2011-01-22 07:17   [Quote] 
Smile

Post 2011-09-10 02:11   [Quote] 
Thank You !

007 cooler
-----------------------------------------------------------
For My Ears Only.........Guitar Solo Al

Bond: That looks like a woman's gun.
Largo: Do you know a lot about guns, Mr. Bond?
Bond: No, but I know a little about women.

pat2e
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-07-16 00:04   [Quote] 
Thank you!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased All times are GMT

Jump to: