Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
New Zappa book coming soon...
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
Hasi
Power Poster
austria.gif
Post 2007-03-02 10:09   [Quote] 
SM7609 wrote:
Quote:
in fact, as we all know, most so-called super groups suck.

True enough!! Smile

Bengo and Chuck...in fact for everybody: The initial copies of the book will indeed be signed, and numbered....and they'll also come with a free sock, which I'm sure we all know makes the book more commercial Smile

Any chance for a highschool-diploma??

Smile

www.theimpossiblefestival.com
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robert
austria.gif
Post 2007-03-02 15:12   [Quote] 
SM7609, please put me on your list also Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
SM7609
Poster
Post 2007-03-02 17:47   [Quote] 
Quote:
SM7609, please put me on your list also Smile

Robert, consider it done!!

Quote:
Any chance for a highschool-diploma??

Indeed there is, but wouldn't we have to make it smokable? Smile

Chuck: I started brainstorming where to put the sock to make it more commercial. Obviously it will have to be inside the book somewhere...I'm thinking somewhere in the official releases section since a placement in the bootleg section would make it more underground Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mikezappa
Poster
estonia.gif
Post 2007-03-02 17:52   [Quote] 
so..um...how much is this puppy gonna cost?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
SM7609
Poster
Post 2007-03-02 18:35   [Quote] 
Quote:
so..um...how much is this puppy gonna cost?

Oh yeah, that!! I'm trying to keep it to $30-$35 US. Does that sound reasonable considering all?

The problem of course is that the book is VERY expensive to produce in color, even at home. This is OK as long as I don't actually wind up losing money on the project, but it looks very much like it will at least recoup costs, so that's fine with me. I'm not really doing it for profit primarily, which turns out to be a very wise thing indeed!!

My only issue is that it IS being produced at home, which is fine in most cases but there are pictures that even a brand new printer does want to print properly in color. I have fixed nearly all of the issues, but there are bound to be a few minor screw-ups in every book. As long as everyone remembers that the books are literally being put together by hand at home it'll be OK Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2007-03-02 18:55   [Quote] 
Quote:
Oh yeah, that!! I'm trying to keep it to $30-$35 US. Does that sound reasonable considering all?

It sure does, especially for #1 Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
theslime
italy.gif
Post 2007-03-02 20:37   [Quote] 
Hi Scott...

I only dreamed about books like these ......... it's too late for asking a copy of the n. 1 (and the others of course) also for me ?

Ciao
Sauro :)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
SM7609
Poster
Post 2007-03-02 21:13   [Quote] 
Quote:
It sure does, especially for #1 Wink

I feel better now. I was nervous about that. Thanks Bengo!!

Quote:
I only dreamed about books like these ......... it's too late for asking a copy of the n. 1 (and the others of course) also for me ?

Me too!! And no it's not a problem Sauro...I'm thinking about 500 copies will be produced give or take, so that should be plenty (although I may go with more in the end). fear not, if you would like a book you will get one, fer sure fer sure!!

By the way: that last line references "Valley Girl" because I finally got my 10-year old daughter to like an FZ song that isn't "Help I'm A Rock" (her previous fave FZ track). Now all I hear is "Valley Girl" in the car Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wheatgurm
usa.gif
Post 2007-03-03 22:10   [Quote] 
SM7609 wrote:
Quote:
in fact, as we all know, most so-called super groups suck.

True enough!! Smile

Bengo and Chuck...in fact for everybody: The initial copies of the book will indeed be signed, and numbered....and they'll also come with a free sock, which I'm sure we all know makes the book more commercial Smile

Man I want a left footed sock. Really looking out for a left footed sock. crazy

Poster
Post 2007-03-04 13:25   [Quote] 
Quote:
Man I want a left footed sock. Really looking out for a left footed sock.

I'll take that into account, wheatgurm. Remind me at ordering time,if you please Wink

I'm closing in on wrapping up the first set of printed copies!! Pre-orders will probably begin next week, although when I say "pre-orders" I mean that many copies of the book will be printed already so I'm just getting an idea of how many I'll initially be shipping.

Changes are still being made, and little mistakes are still being discovered. The most serious of these? I forgot to mention that "Stuff Up The Cracks" on the Old Masters versiuon of Ruben is actually the original non-overdubbed track, just remixed.

I also was not a huge fan of the original mini-articles on the Only Money "Demo" Acetate and the "Uncle Meat Demo LP" so I'm re-writing those this morning. If you can forgive the occasional un-italicised album title and occasional sneaky typo the book should be fine. Oh,and for the millionth time, please have mercy on me for a few of the image reproductions, esp. in the bootleg section Smile

I'm working on postage rates too, so I should have some info on that next week as well!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
SM7609
Poster
Post 2007-03-05 18:10   [Quote] 
Just a note to confirm: the printing of the first set of books will finish by next Monday, and pre-orders for HFD should begin immediately thereafter. I've got about 3 sections remaining (out of 24).

Alright, here's the deal:

1. I'm working out postage rates, for which I should have an answer by or about Monday too. It's a big book, and seems like it will be on the heavy side, but hopefully it won't be too bad!!
2. Probably at this point I'll be taking Paypal, personal checks and money orders for payment. Right now (not being a business per se) I'm not in a position to accept non-Paypal-related credit cards. Smile
3. We're also working out what to do if the amount of pre-orders exceeds the number of books we have. Looks like we'll just be working overtime to make sure you're hooked up!!

If anyone has any info on sorting out postage rates etc. Please let me know!!

Thanks as always gang, Scott
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2007-03-05 18:19   [Quote] 
thumbsup SM7609
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
SM7609
Poster
Post 2007-03-05 18:22   [Quote] 
Thanks Bengo, as ever Smile

Here's a good question: should I mention Ed Seeman's DVD, or could that possibly get him into trouble? I think I HAVE to mention it, but I sure don't want poor Ed in any hot water!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Hasi
Power Poster
austria.gif
Post 2007-03-05 18:23   [Quote] 
Ed S. might be a solution..?

www.theimpossiblefestival.com
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2007-03-05 18:37   [Quote] 
SM7609 wrote:
Thanks Bengo, as ever Smile

Here's a good question: should I mention Ed Seeman's DVD, or could that possibly get him into trouble? I think I HAVE to mention it, but I sure don't want poor Ed in any hot water!!

He sure deserves to be in there! And as he's promoting his DVD as hard as he can, though low budget wise, i can't believe mentioning him and the film could get him into any trouble, especially as this book isn't that commercial either Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 8 of 10 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: