Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1958 / 1994 - Unreleased, demos & weird stuff - comments
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors -> The Catalogue
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-07 17:59   [Quote] 
After some additional research I have corrected the "more Billy The Mountain" entry.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doublebassy
uk.gif
Post 2007-03-07 22:46   [Quote] 
Thanks for amending the entry.

It seems really surprising if the 30min alternate Billy The Mountain uses the Studebaker Hoch/Don't Fuck Around from the unknown/New York recording. Are you sure that it doesn't use the JABFLA2 version of this section?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-08 06:37   [Quote] 
Listening to it all and comparing to the other versions was the additional research I made... interesting enough it adds also the missing link between studebaker and don't fuck around, so it's not a simple patchwork make by someone
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doublebassy
uk.gif
Post 2007-03-08 08:09   [Quote] 
amnesiavivace wrote:
Listening to it all and comparing to the other versions was the additional research I made... interesting enough it adds also the missing link between studebaker and don't fuck around, so it's not a simple patchwork make by someone

I hope to hear this interesting version soon. Let's hope someone posts it before long! Apart from the Impossible Concert it's the only unreleased bit from the 1970s not on the tracker.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-10 21:07   [Quote] 
amnesiavivace wrote:
* Originals Mothers At Fillmore West is available in a longer version of what appear in the Mystery Disc as a follow-up to Mother People

I am not sure if I understood what you were saying... (if you mean Mystery Disc or the tape), but isn't it "Plastic People"? Wink
prost

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-10 21:19   [Quote] 
The Bastard Son wrote:
amnesiavivace wrote:
* Originals Mothers At Fillmore West is available in a longer version of what appear in the Mystery Disc as a follow-up to Mother People

I am not sure if I understood what you were saying... (if you mean Mystery Disc or the tape), but isn't it "Plastic People"? Wink
prost

Sure it is Wink

grazie!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-03-16 16:49   [Quote] 
AV, I seem to remember seeing another video from the Australia '73 tour. Frank appeared on another TV program and demonstrates his conducting/hand signal technique. It was definitely not the Monday Conference.

Does anyone remember seeing this as well?

Kind regards,
Overnitefreak
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rushomancy
Busy Poster
Post 2007-03-17 01:42   [Quote] 
Overnitefreak wrote:
AV, I seem to remember seeing another video from the Australia '73 tour. Frank appeared on another TV program and demonstrates his conducting/hand signal technique. It was definitely not the Monday Conference.

Does anyone remember seeing this as well?

Kind regards,
Overnitefreak

Isn't this on Video From Hell?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-03-17 01:46   [Quote] 
Quote:
Isn't this on Video From Hell?

imslow You are correct. Oh well, I'll blame it on the cold medicine! Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-12-19 12:23   [Quote] 
Quote:
1969 - Columbia (Capitol) YSA6477 test pressing - one side only needed - 20 min Crying or Very sad
note: supposedly one of the LPs of "The History And Collected Improvisations Of The Mothers Of Invention", one side (containing pre-Mothers material) has been completely released on official issues, while the other one is fully unreleased and has also circulated as ??-Mar 1969 ( or 1968 ), Hartford Ballroom, Hartford, CT - this has been available through many boots, including Rustic Protusion and We Are The Mothers And This Is What We Sound Like
not available
note: only very nr Ninja version has circulated

Actually it is on the tracker, though boot sourced. You can find it here

cheers

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-12-19 17:14   [Quote] 
The Bastard Son wrote:
Quote:
1969 - Columbia (Capitol) YSA6477 test pressing - one side only needed - 20 min Crying or Very sad
note: supposedly one of the LPs of "The History And Collected Improvisations Of The Mothers Of Invention", one side (containing pre-Mothers material) has been completely released on official issues, while the other one is fully unreleased and has also circulated as ??-Mar 1969 ( or 1968 ), Hartford Ballroom, Hartford, CT - this has been available through many boots, including Rustic Protusion and We Are The Mothers And This Is What We Sound Like
not available
note: only very nr Ninja version has circulated

Actually it is on the tracker, though boot sourced. You can find it here

cheers

E lo persino scaricato! Very Happy Grazie, correggo subito.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-12-19 23:42   [Quote] 
Succede Smile

By the way I have another question... on the Lumpy Gravy acetates entry you have written:

Quote:
there seem to be some differences between the acetates version and the 8-track tape released (?) by Capitol (see here)

Where have you read that? On the link you posted there's no evidence that there are differences... or maybe I've misread something?

cheers

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-12-20 05:42   [Quote] 
The Bastard Son wrote:

By the way I have another question... on the Lumpy Gravy acetates entry you have written:

Quote:
there seem to be some differences between the acetates version and the 8-track tape released (?) by Capitol (see here)

Where have you read that? On the link you posted there's no evidence that there are differences... or maybe I've misread something?

cheers

I have misread. Maybe I was drunk! Embarassed

Even if there's some differences between the acetate and the OMORP excerpt we can hear at Zappa radio! Maybe I was overlooking.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2009-01-30 14:45   [Quote] 

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2009-01-30 16:22   [Quote] 
Thanks
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors -> The Catalogue All times are GMT

Jump to: