Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1958 / 1994 - Unreleased, demos & weird stuff - comments
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors -> The Catalogue
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2006-10-15 14:48   [Quote] 
No need to tell that I really need your special help on this.
Thanks
 [Profile]  [PM] 
zachy
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2006-10-15 20:09   [Quote] 
Hehehe - the first link I clicked on (the 1973 Un-Concert) gave me the LABFLA 2nd LP instead.

The correct link is http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2975

And I'll go hop on-thanks for the suggestion (and of course for the Catalogue)!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2006-10-15 21:16   [Quote] 
zachy wrote:
Hehehe - the first link I clicked on (the 1973 Un-Concert) gave me the LABFLA 2nd LP instead.

The correct link is http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2975

And I'll go hop on-thanks for the suggestion (and of course for the Catalogue)!

thanks zachy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2006-11-19 20:46   [Quote] 
amnesiavivace wrote:

1973 - Roxy excerpts from ZPZ 2006 shows - audio from video played through PA system - 30min
not available
note: this is available on various seeds from the ZPZ 2006 tour - av seeded a matrix from two shows on DaD (31.27)

Ehrm... 3 questions:

1- Is that av the same as you?
2- Can I seed it here? (I mean is it permitted?)
3- Do you think it needs some adjustments?

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2006-11-19 22:16   [Quote] 
The Bastard Son wrote:
amnesiavivace wrote:

1973 - Roxy excerpts from ZPZ 2006 shows - audio from video played through PA system - 30min
not available
note: this is available on various seeds from the ZPZ 2006 tour - av seeded a matrix from two shows on DaD (31.27)

Ehrm... 3 questions:

1- Is that av the same as you?
2- Can I seed it here? (I mean is it permitted?)
3- Do you think it needs some adjustments?

1. yes (si)
2. seeds from zpz shows are not allowed on zappateers, this may be a special case you should ask to admins....
3. of course it's perfect roflol

Last edited by amnesiavivace on 2006-11-19 22:18; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2006-11-19 22:18   [Quote] 
Grazie, Italiano! Smile

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-02-18 16:34   [Quote] 
OK

This was a big headache, but now it is complete (at least for what I know).

For this thread is even more necessary than usual that the very expert people out there (and all the others too) will submit here (or via PM) additions, corrections and everything.

Thanks
 [Profile]  [PM] 
progrockfan
Contributor
uk.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-02-20 13:14   [Quote] 
Greetings amnesiavivace-- I see that you have listed the soundtracks to Run Home Slow and The World's Greatest Sinner in the Catalogue. I realize that the video content is not allowed on the tracker-- but what about the audio content?

The same question applies to the soundtracks for Sex In Today's World and Run For Your Life-- which, unlike Run Home Slow and World's Greatest Sinner, are not available commercially.

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-02-20 15:30   [Quote] 
progrockfan wrote:
Greetings amnesiavivace-- I see that you have listed the soundtracks to Run Home Slow and The World's Greatest Sinner in the Catalogue. I realize that the video content is not allowed on the tracker-- but what about the audio content?

The same question applies to the soundtracks for Sex In Today's World and Run For Your Life-- which, unlike Run Home Slow and World's Greatest Sinner, are not available commercially.

Greetings to you progrockfan

thanks to your post I've found I had wrongly listed Ride For Your Life as Run For Your Life, now corrected .... Please check your private message for more ....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doublebassy
uk.gif
Post 2007-03-06 16:32   [Quote] 
Thanks for all your hard work on this complicated topic, av. I just have one thing to add.

The version of Studebaker Hock/Don't Fuck Around that appears on Randomonium on The Mystery Box is definitely a different version from JABFLA or PP. (Apocrypha has the same version of Studebaker Hoch.) It's a live version from an unknown venue. It ends with Zappa saying 'That's right, you heard right, Biddly The Mountainand' which I don't think occurs on any other known version.

I don't know about the 'differently edited' version of Billy The Mountain from L.A. Maybe this is the JABFLA 2nd LP.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-06 21:34   [Quote] 
doublebassy wrote:
The version of Studebaker Hock/Don't Fuck Around that appears on Randomonium on The Mystery Box is definitely a different version from JABFLA or PP. (Apocrypha has the same version of Studebaker Hoch.) It's a live version from an unknown venue. It ends with Zappa saying 'That's right, you heard right, Biddly The Mountainand' which I don't think occurs on any other known version.

I don't know about the 'differently edited' version of Billy The Mountain from L.A. Maybe this is the JABFLA 2nd LP.

From The Catalogue
Quote:

1971-1972 - more Billy The Mountain - (Billy The Mountain - 30 min and Studebaker Hoch / Don't Fuck Around - 8 min) Exclamation
Unclear (at least to me) if this is pretty much the same material available on JABFLA (first part of BTM) and "JABFLA 2nd lp" (second part of BTM) and what relation there's with the unedited BTM SBD tape listed by FZShows for 1971 08 07 Los Angeles, CA.
Of the 30 min version only heavily nr versions have circulated, the Studebacker Hock / Don't Fuck Around excerpts are available on various boots, including Randomonium (part of the Mystery Box 10 Records set)

Maybe it's not clear enough, but I state above that the second part of the long Billy the Mountain (Studebacker Hock / Don't Fuck Around) is pretty much the same as what available on the JABFLA 2nd lp. According to some sources parts of the JABFLA 2nd lp were recorded at the Carnegie Hall in NYC on October 11, 1971, I don't know if this is the case also for those BTM excerpts. Check also http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/vaudeville/btm.html
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-06 21:41   [Quote] 
amnesiavivace wrote:
Maybe it's not clear enough, but I state above that the second part of the long Billy the Mountain (Studebacker Hock / Don't Fuck Around) is pretty much the same as what available on the JABFLA 2nd lp.

I don't know if my opinion counts very much, but since I liked a lot the "Studebacker Hock" solo on "Randomonium" I learnt it by heart and I don't remember it on JABFLA 2.
To me it's a different performance! Wink
prost
PS: Stai comunque facendo un lavoro con le palle!!!! cheers thumbsup

PPS: wonder how those guys have understood the "Billy The Mountain" lirycs on the 5/21/71 Chicago tape :S (AD: check my review here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7536 Razz)

amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-06 22:21   [Quote] 
The Bastard Son wrote:
amnesiavivace wrote:
Maybe it's not clear enough, but I state above that the second part of the long Billy the Mountain (Studebacker Hock / Don't Fuck Around) is pretty much the same as what available on the JABFLA 2nd lp.

I don't know if my opinion counts very much, but since I liked a lot the "Studebacker Hock" solo on "Randomonium" I learnt it by heart and I don't remember it on JABFLA 2.
To me it's a different performance! Wink
prost
PS: Stai comunque facendo un lavoro con le palle!!!! cheers thumbsup

So it's clearly needed that someone makes an A/B definitive confrontation of the randomonium / jabfla 2nd lp versions!!!
(and let know here the results).

btw, I've added some entry just now at the "unreleased ... " post ...., while during the weekend I will do the update according to the massive new seeds on the tracker
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doublebassy
uk.gif
Post 2007-03-06 22:52   [Quote] 
amnesiavivace wrote:
So it's clearly needed that someone makes an A/B definitive confrontation of the randomonium / jabfla 2nd lp versions!!!
(and let know here the results).

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but that is what I already did. There is no overlapping material between the Randomonium tracks and the JABFLA 2nd LP. The Billy The Mountain excerpts on JABFLA2 are from L.A., but the solos - The Subcutaneous Peril and An Easy Substitute For Eternity Itself - are from New York. Charles Ulrich suggests that the Randomonium tracks are from New York too.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2007-03-07 04:56   [Quote] 
Embarassed Thanks!!!!!

I will correct that entry soon.....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors -> The Catalogue All times are GMT

Jump to: