Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1988 05 20 Paris FR 143.18 Aud MC (script-walk-flambay)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
HuskyWeeWee
Post 2007-02-23 00:54   [Quote] 
Thank you very much.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
stonehenge
uk.gif
Post 2007-03-31 20:31   [Quote] 
The 88 tour was so good, I went to the show at Wembley, London,

thanks for this!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
gouyette
france.gif
Post 2008-06-12 17:10   [Quote] 
thanks a lot .... i was here..... and i lost this concert due to a crash disk Sad
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pound4ABrown
usa.gif
Post 2008-06-15 03:21   [Quote] 
Great show!
Thanks to Script, Walk and Flambay!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
la_biesta
Power Poster
belgium.gif
Post 2009-01-25 09:08   [Quote] 
It's a mean 'ungeheuer'.

Fantastic show. Thanks

musicmartyr
usa.gif
Post 2009-09-12 04:31   [Quote] 
THANKS FOR THE SHOW
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TomJong
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2009-10-26 23:33   [Quote] 
thank you!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
peternats99
australia.gif
Post 2011-09-25 08:24   [Quote] 
Very Timely, Thank You
 [Profile]  [PM] 
sinisterheadwear
germany.gif
Post 2015-04-13 15:22   [Quote] 
What a great sounding recording! And the motivation of the brass is also on top. Where is the lack of inspiration that someone talked about the later-in-Mai-1988-Concerts? It must have been the secret-word-shellfish-topic felt in the wrong place. That here is not a tiny litte but nonetheless innocent shellfish.
I was there one month before on April 22nd in Würzburg, whereupon many people say, it was the most funny concert of all the Europe-1988 tour. But in purely musical sense, this Paris gig wasn't less high quality. Some of the guitar solos I did not understand completely at that time, until many years later, listening to the surviving tapes. - Sorry, - my name is Burtram, I am a shellfish. - What a fantastic opener in The Black Page, followed by the Classical Section with Stravinsky and Bartók which is only A Kind Of Pain for those who can't follow the complicated structures including his counterbalancing misogynistic commentaries - this time non-verbal and some bit less than on the >Broadway The Hard Way<-Version from the guitar alone - after messing up the virtual girl in his guitar a litte bit less than on the official release. The forthcoming Dupree's Paradise comparatively is a neutral refuge, but Inca Roads mixes everything up in either way. Old Advance Romance looks like an odd immigrate, but distinctly nice after a moment and tradition-orientated with freshness in the guitar solo. But Who Needs The Peace Corps? Zappa seems to sometimes had to look back to not lose the ones who had lost themselves already. Best is the guitar solo in >Torture<. Surely, the Teaneck-thing on >Best Band YNHIYL< is adorable. But this one is barely less exciting in a much shorter way and even in juxtaposition unique. Next thing - after That smoothly Eated Question are Pink an Black Napkins in the brass, followed by Zappa on a much too short guitar extravaganza. Then I'm tempted to skip >Find Her Finer< if I wouldn't be interested in what they did with that on a day like that: What could it be? It must have been some shell-fishing for leaving some place before the gigantic and intense >Big Swifty< with all the sarcasm, cynism and criticism we know so well from Zappa suggesting the impression that he wasn't truely Ain't Got No Heart referring to Sharleena, desperately berocked by the guitar. Another shining musical interlude is the following >Peaches<, fascinating in its chaotic shell-fishy perfectionism leading into the Stairway To A Clean Sky more than to an indefinite Heaven, but not to some further shellfish. Back to our elaborated earth we get by a distinguished Ravel-Boléro flowing into the constraints of Bamboozled By Love with complaints in the eloquently singing and speaking guitar solo. As a bridge we subsequently hear another inspired guitar solo into I Am The Walrus that a shellfish probably wants to be from time to time, not to be raped or enemaed by a further Enema Bandit doing his job with a shellfish or simply an evil lobster. But - as a surprise - Zappa seems to be Strictly Genteel.
For people who still ask for the Conceptual Continuity in Zappas Work. This is the explanation.
I am from Germany and I hope you excuse my partially inappropiate English.
This Paris-Concert seems to me to be releaseable in full by the Zappa Family Trust.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Djangodi
Poster
belgium.gif
Post 2015-04-15 10:51   [Quote] 
2015 04 26 #33
According to the latest guidelines from the Site Administrators,
all CD covers shared as zip files should be placed in the thread of the relevant Show and no longer in Misc.
To comply with these provisions, this is the new link for the same CD covers
Thank you for your understanding
Dj

Last edited by Djangodi on 2015-04-28 12:40; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
germany.gif
Post 2015-04-16 04:29   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
SIRMick
uk.gif
Post 2015-04-16 12:20   [Quote] 
Thanks
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ErnestEmbryo
uk.gif
Post 2016-06-12 14:17   [Quote] 
thanks Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
lebanni
france.gif
Post 2017-02-24 22:20   [Quote] 
Thank you for this show
I was there
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 4 of 4 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: