Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
How old are the Zappateers now (2020 "Perpetual" version)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner

When were you born?
After 2010
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
00's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
90's
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
80's
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
70's
19%
 19%  [ 17 ]
60's
38%
 38%  [ 34 ]
50's
21%
 21%  [ 19 ]
before 1950
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 88

oofers
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2020-01-31 19:43   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
oofers wrote:
But I think we at least agree on "Fuck the Grammys". FZ too. He never lived to see his 2 awards, but we know what he thought of his nominations.

Jazz From Hell (either the track or the album) won Best Rock Instrumental Performance in the 1987 Grammys.

As always, the facts can't slip by you. Thanks.

For anyone curious, this is what I looked at earlier. (My error is that I didn't scroll down enough, coupled with the fact the top of this page says he only won twice -- I'm guessing "Lifetime" isn't part of that tally).

Funny to see that Dancin' Fool was nominated. Given the recent fiasco about that fired woman who then spilled the beans that the Grammys are all rigged, it's impressive FZ got as many nominations as he did. Of course, it was a different time back then.

FZ Grammy history
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Minkukel
netherlands.gif
Post 2020-02-06 12:49   [Quote] 
oofers wrote:

Well, I know it's been discussed here before -- how will the next generation of potential FZ fans come to know him? Hell, the ZFT appears to cashing in now before the demand gasps its last breath. In all seriousness, I think there will be new fans. But the distribution of this poll's results does not bode well.

The poll has a rather small sample size, and there's actually small increase from 80's-born folks to 90's-born folks like myself, so I wouldn't despair just yet.

There will always be people who put effort into developing a musical taste, and people that don't. Same goes for other media like movies or video games. FZ has a number of albums that are significant outside of just the fanbase, and I see FZ references quite a lot compared to most artists of that vintage. Also, young people don't really do forums anymore, plus if you're young, you might not be far enough into FZ to get to stuff like live bootlegs and countless archive releases. I began collecting Zappa a few years back and I still have several releases from FZ's lifetime to add to my collection. I'm sure that ten years from now I'll be more interested in live recordings that I am now.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2020-02-08 00:51   [Quote] 
Frank referred to his Grammy as a "plastic joke replica".

EddieRUKiddingVarese
australia.gif
Post 2020-03-05 20:58   [Quote] 
Are any of those award things not rigged? Rolling Eyes

[Profile]  [PM] 
McMick
Post 2020-03-05 21:43   [Quote] 
I remember watching some interview (recently, on Youtube or something) where Frank basically said that the people who awarded him the Grammy hadn't even listened to the album.

[Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: