Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
bongo fury deluxe box set?
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
farrar
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-10 18:51   [Quote] 
i would like to see the zappa family release a deluxe edition of bongo fury. it would be great if the included the songs willie the pimp torture never stops with beefheart singing it, muffin man orange claw hammer. stinkfoot .apostrophe. it would be nice to hear some of the shows from nj, st.louis, uniondale new york and of course both boston shows that dan limpinski recorded .i knew on the official release there was edited and not hearing the whole shows. any of you fell you where cheated when you first purchased it? hopefully joe travis reads this stuff and make project a reality.

thank yoy
pat farrar
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2019-11-10 19:04   [Quote] 
X2
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-10 20:13   [Quote] 
Joe has said the "road tapes" from this tour have sound quality problems, but they exist and Alex Winter's project shared a fragment from one of them recently. I don't know if Joe has confirmed whether the full multitrack shows from Austin exist, but I hope they do. Next May is the 45th anniversary so that seems like a good time.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-11-10 20:18   [Quote] 
I can hear BONGOS!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-11-10 20:20   [Quote] 
I can hear BONGOS! I love Denny Whalley’s playing and this band is one of my favourite FZ COMBOS
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-11-10 20:40   [Quote] 
PLL!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Thinman
EU.gif
Post 2019-11-11 07:52   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Joe has said the "road tapes" from this tour have sound quality problems, but they exist and Alex Winter's project shared a fragment from one of them recently. I don't know if Joe has confirmed whether the full multitrack shows from Austin exist, but I hope they do. Next May is the 45th anniversary so that seems like a good time.

Questions: Didn't Joe talk about Bongo Fury in one of the recent podcasts? I could be wrong, but weren't the BF tapes also 4 track recordings and the album has massive overdubs (I know it has)? If this is true I wouldn't expect the rest of the show or the tour to sound something like the album.

MrBolero
germany.gif
Post 2019-11-11 14:11   [Quote] 
+2 to something Bongo Fury.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-11 16:27   [Quote] 
Thinman wrote:
pbuzby wrote:

Questions: Didn't Joe talk about Bongo Fury in one of the recent podcasts? I could be wrong, but weren't the BF tapes also 4 track recordings and the album has massive overdubs (I know it has)? If this is true I wouldn't expect the rest of the show or the tour to sound something like the album.

Austin was multitrack, rest of tour was four track and cassette.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-11-12 14:12   [Quote] 
Hell yes Right on, man!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-11-12 15:47   [Quote] 
Get it out!!! A multi CD set with a Captain Beefheart hat… wouldn't that be nice? Cheers & have a listen to the people, Joe. Thanks.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Thinman
EU.gif
Post 2019-11-12 16:04   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:

Yes, probably true. Though I always wondered why The Torture Never Stops on YCDTOSA 4 sounds so bad.

TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-12 20:51   [Quote] 
Thinman wrote:
pbuzby wrote:

Easy way to tell. Even if they're not professional quality the shows available here will give you a good idea. Espescially if you listen to them over and over. And over again. A la FZ. On a more serious note BF had a huge effect on me at the time but has slipped right down the charts, boys and girls (as Frank might say), and is now way down in my areas of interest. But each to their own....

Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-11-12 22:32   [Quote] 
Thinman wrote:
pbuzby wrote:

Yes, probably true. Though I always wondered why The Torture Never Stops on YCDTOSA 4 sounds so bad.

Probably more due to the FZ/Bob Stone combo.

WonkyWilly
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-13 14:16   [Quote] 
I believe it has been stated (by both Joe and Mike Keneally) that the Bongo Fury tapes were 16-track in Austin, recorded with Record Plant Remote - and stereo cassettes for the rest of the tour that sound like shit. I don't recall anything about 4-track tapes because those would surely be a better option than shitty-sounding cassettes. Maybe Joe can clear that up?

I would personally enjoy some kind of release that just kind of takes care of that turd polishing in one fell swoop. A nice Craig Parker Adams remix of a "virtual Austin show" like the ZINY bonus, and another virtual show made from the cassettes in some combination. A 4 or 5 disc set. It would be a unique format that hasn't been used yet and would possibly be the most logical way to take care of these (likely fragmentary and/or sonically challenged) tapes.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: