Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
HELP!! 0.01 Share Ratio. Seriously, that's not right. Ask me for seeds.
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace
Ro-Ro
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-12 04:47   [Quote] 
I always appreciate someone taking time to respond. To me the main reason to upload is to share a treasure trove which did not exist when I first started collecting.

It's kind of like recycling, it doesn't work, we don't do it and we don't have the technology to do it but I still throw the water bottle in the bin.

Just makes me feel better. Of course not buying the bottle of water is where you start.

Roman
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-11-12 16:06   [Quote] 
Zappa Penguin wrote:
PaulusS wrote:
I'm also guessing that seeding 7 years after the original request as for 1978 08 XX #1 Culver City CA Rehearsals 62.50 Studio 2nd (jaypfunk & robsam-doctorzap) samples (http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=24208) does not help you with your ratio...

Extended seeding would never hurt someone's ratio.

True, but loading a (sample) torrent up for someone who requested it in 2012 is highly optimistic.... The chances are someone else may have noticed the request and fulfilled it by now... Or the original requester may have lost interest or even be dead... It's definitely not the way to improve one's ratio...

As I was someone who came here with nothing to share and very little computer knowledge, and was also worried about my low ratio, I thought that if I tried to recount what had happened to me it may encourage others in a ''if I can do it anybody can'' type way.. But.. A basic understanding of what you're trying to do and how to do it is essential..

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-13 02:11   [Quote] 
Ro-Ro wrote:
And maybe someone can explain why the Zappa torrents rarely feature a fingerprint file. Yes I can see the text file labeled ffp. Why not just make it a fingerprint file though? Is there some program I don't know about that can verify text documents? I just use TLH to run my FFPs.

A fingerprint file is a text file. All that differs are the file extensions. By default, the main .FLAC encoder front-end saves with the .txt extension.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Ro-Ro
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-14 08:22   [Quote] 
Like I said I use TLH and I verify everything. And I understand it's a text file at heart. I just always made the few seeds I created as easy as possible to work with. I don't see having two files for the same information. So if I do reseed those ffp labeled files are gone.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-11-25 00:11   [Quote] 
@Ro-Ro

Have you got this one to seed?

I thought I'd ask you first, because no-one else is seeding it at the moment.

Ro-Ro
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-28 20:31   [Quote] 
Sorry for the delay and worse yet I don't have that show. Figures. But I decided to dump Windows 10 Freezer Edition about two weeks ago and load 7 on my craptop and it doesn't have drivers for the TouchPad or WIFI so I can download drivers. Nice. Hopefully my brother-in-law can fix this P. O. S. tomorrow.

Thanks for asking though,
Roman
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace All times are GMT

Jump to: