Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Photographs 2019 05 17 Bizarre World of Zappa RAI Amsterdam (Photos by Rob Samler)
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
DL-List
Complete: [ 37 ]

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:16   [Quote] 
Photographs 2019 05 17 Bizarre World of Zappa RAI Amsterdam (Photos by Rob Samler)

These are 189 pictures I took at the Bizarre World of Frank Zappa concert at the RAI in Amsterdam on May 17, 2019
I took these pictures with my LG G7 phone and I didn't use any of the phone's photo filters. I used Photoshop to clean up
the pictures using the auto contrast, auto color and auto tone. I didn't use the these auto filters on every photo
just only when I thought it enhanced the image. I saved all of the pictures as .jpeg files because they were already
sizable from 2.5mb to 8.5mb. If I saved them as .png files they would have been 10mb to 30mb or more per image
and this torrent would have been 10gb! I shrunk down quite a few of the best photos to use for posting samples as
well as previews for those who want to see what they're getting before committing to downloading the entire 1gb+
torrent. You don't need to download the folder named 'sample pics (for display + preview)' if you are going for the
higher quality larger images in the folder named 'Large Size jpeg files (for saving)'.

As for the concert itself, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea of a Frank Zappa Hologram when it was first announced.
I made more then one post on here stating my opinion and objections. However after speaking to Mike Keneally I had
a change of heart after hearing Mike's enthusiasm about the concerts. So as the tour finally happened, I made sure to
not watch any Youtube videos or read any reviews about the concerts. I got to see the last two concerts of the tour in
Oostende Belgium on May 16, 2019 and the Amsterdam show the next night. As it turns out, Mike knew what he was
talking about when he said it was going to a great experience. The Bizarre World of Frank Zappa is a multimedia
extravaganza like no other concert I have ever seen. It's colorful and trippy and jammed packed with images, icons,
and references to Frank, his songs, his music, his lyrics, etc. The music was awesome and the band is super tight with
Mike Keneally as musical director and Thomas Nordegg on "Tech Guru"! All of the musicians are awesome and the
set lists (which didn't vary much from night to night) focuses on songs from the 1973-1975 period with many songs
from other years as well. After the conclusion of the first song, the Zappa Hologram says, "You won't believe me,
but I'm as happy to see you guys as you are to see the show." That made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up!
It was like Frank talking to us from the future past or some 'Back To The Future' type thing. The Zappa Hologram
is really cool but if you look too closely, it looked a little like a ghost. The equipment used to generate the hologram
and the rest of the multimedia lighting, etc took up a lot of room on the stage. The band was regulated to the sides
of the stage so they couldn't interact with the Zappa Hologram or each other for the most part. I had a 3rd row seat
at the Oostende Belgium show and it was too close to see all of the Zappa Hologram and the rest of the stage show.
In Amsterdam I had a13th row center seat and it was a much better vantage point to see the entire show in all it's
glory. To be honest, my favorite parts of the show were when the band played without the Zappa Hologram on songs
such as Farther Oblivion, Zomby Woof, City of Tiny Lights, etc.

All in all it was an amazing concert experience and I highly recommend that you go see the Bizarre World of Frank
Zappa concert if and when you get a chance. Just try not to get a seat too close to the stage and you might want to
wear sunglasses because it is a bright show! Ahmet and his partner Jeff have done an amazing job putting this show
together which I'm sure was not easy. It's the musical and visual tribute to Frank that he's deserved since he died.
I guess he really didn't leave on his last tour after all... he was just taking a hiatus. Would could imagine that almost
27 years after his death, Frank would still be touring and putting out new releases. Big thanks to Ahmet and Joe
'Vaultmeister' Travers for all that they have done to preserve Frank's legacy. I hope they release everything and that
I'm alive long enough to hear and see it all. Extra big thanks to Mike Keneally for everything over the past 30 years.
And of course, the biggest thanks are to Frank. Music is the BEST! (FZ)

Disclaimer/Warning:
PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE IMAGES ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!
That includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and the myriad of other 'anti-social' media sites. I am sharing
these photos only here on Zappateers because believe or not I want to share my Zappa stuff with the world. Even though
I let my emotions control my posts on here, I really love and support this website. This is the one and only place in the world
that has done more to preserve Frank's legacy than anywhere else. I know Ahmet and Joe are making up for lost time after
the mess and massive debt they were left with after Gail died. I applaud them for the last few years of amazing releases
and I am eagerly looking forward to more exciting Zappa releases in the future. I hope they can release everything
before I die. Frank's musical legacy needs to be preserved for the future and The Zappa Family and Zappateers have
done a great job doing just that!

PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE IMAGES ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!
(sorry to have to post this again but it needs to be written, read and hopefully followed)

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:17   [Quote] 
The Bizarre World of Frank Zappa

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:18   [Quote] 
Frank sample picture 1

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:19   [Quote] 
Frank sample picture 2

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:20   [Quote] 
Frank Hologram Zappa

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:21   [Quote] 
Frank Jamming!

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:21   [Quote] 
More Trouble Everyday

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:22   [Quote] 
FZ!

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:23   [Quote] 
Cartoon FZ

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:24   [Quote] 
Hologram Ghost

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:25   [Quote] 
Monty Python FZ

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:26   [Quote] 
FZ: "Phydeaux you've been a very bad dog!"

Phydeaux: "I'm sorry Frank. I was so stoned I couldn't keep the slippers in my mouth."

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:27   [Quote] 
huh?

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:28   [Quote] 
Podobromhidrosis.

robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-15 03:29   [Quote] 
May you never hear Dyna-Moe Humm again!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT

Jump to: