Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1970 12 08 Dusseldorf DE AUD - Yojimbo vs Taurus  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 15 ]

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-03-12 04:13   [Quote] 
Dusseldorf, West Germany
Tonhalle
December 08, 1970

Two sample sets from what seems to be the same master source at least through Mother People.

"a" samples = Yojimbo
Lineage: AUD>unknown equipment>cassette>(?)>TDK SA cassette>Pioneer CT-W606DR tape deck>SB Audigy 2>AACC2017>WAV (normalized channels)>Flac (579 MB)
Show recorded by: n/a
Transferred by: BengoFury

"b" samples = Marvel Mike/Taurus
Uher reel to reel (unknown mics)>transfer to mini disc (unknown recorder>cdr (Marantz cd recorder unknown model)>EAC>Adobe Audition 1.5>flac frontend conversion level 8.
Aside from using Audition to create seperate tracks for each song (the cdrs I received just had 1 long track per disc), I did nothing else to the audio.

01. intro (Yojimbo tape only)
02. Call Any Vegetable pt 1
03. Call Any Vegetable pt 2
04. Call Any Vegetable pt 3
05. The Sanzini Brothers
06. Pound for a Brown
07. Penis Dimension
08. Wonderful Wino
09. Mother People
10. King Kong pt 1
11. King Kong pt 2

Samples of each song for both versions included. Tape flip at intermission. There doesn't appear to be any music missing other than drop outs. Overall the Taurus copy sounds better though there is a lot of bleed through from a previous recording on the tape (sounds like Tull during the Sanzini Bros.) and the sound gets pretty bad from Wonderful Wino on. Lots of humm & buzz and overall tape degradation.

On the Yojimbo copy as noted the intro is there and missing from the Taurus copy. There is a small cut right before Pound and the sound gets much worse, almost like it is a different dubline but certainly the same master source as the Taurus copy.

Most interesting is Mother People on the Yojimbo copy. There is a cut before the first verse after which the tape sounds much better than everything before it and the rest of the Taurus copy. The better sound continues to the end of the tape. I believe this to be a different source than the rest of the tape and the Taurus copy.

Unfortunately, Brain Police is missing from both copies and I am beginning to wonder if there is actually a recording of it from this Dusseldorf show or if someone added it from another show in the past. I can't find the old AV copy so can't check it at the moment.

Rough tape overall but it has been off the tracker for a long time so we should get it finished. Marvel Mike/Taurus copy used for these samples currently resides in the Shoebox. Let me know what you all think.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DLHotch
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-03-12 14:25   [Quote] 
The AV and CA versions which include Brain Police are available from The Dangerous Kitchen archives. Someone with access can grab them or samples from both could be posted upon request.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-03-13 02:02   [Quote] 
Quote:
samples from both could be posted upon request.

Thanks! It probably wouldn't hurt to check them here is samples in case they are a different source. I remember the AV source that used to be on the tracker was reported to be NR'd. I had that copy but can't seem to find it. It will be worth at least checking them to evaluate Brain Police.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DLHotch
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-03-13 04:50   [Quote] 
I checked out the CA and AV versions. The CA version ends with King Kong prior to FZ saying "goodnight" although the text for it shows Brain Police ending the setlist. I assume the setlist was simply copied from FZShows. The AV version claims that it comes from raw files provided by CA but it does includes Brain Police. At the end of AV's King Kong FZ says "goodnight" and the track ends. Brain Police then quickly fades in as though the taper restarted for the encore. At http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=32929 I've posted as samples the ending portion of King Kong from the last track of CA's version along with the ending of King Kong and the entire Brain Police from the AV version and I've included the related text files.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-03-14 21:46   [Quote] 
Thanks! Downloading now.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2019-03-16 14:01   [Quote] 
Thanks for putting up these samples.

All things considered I believe that we should go with the Yojimbo copy,
as main source portion for our upcoming FZ Shows project.
It appears to be more complete in comparison,
and sounds less tweaked.
Looks like we only have Brain Police from AV's copy to include here.

Disadvantage of the taurus copy: on top of being lossy (MD copy, as mentioned before)
it also has annoying additional hum noise over part of the recording (Mother People and King Kong samples)

Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-03-16 15:50   [Quote] 
I suspect there may be two different sources of this show. The second source (I think) starts on Yojimbo's copy during Mother People to the end of the show. The Taurus copy seems to be all from one master source which up to Mother People is the same as the Yojimbo copy. Just a theory.

This possible second source may be the one that has Brain Police but it is missing from Yojimbo's copy.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT

Jump to: