Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1972 11 12 Providence RI 119.13 AUD (HKR01-drdork-flambay-Pittylabelle) ZTLS #862
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows
Author Message
father-0blivion
Power Poster
Joined: 2012-02-07
Posts: 3589
Location: Dwarf Nebula
england.gif
Post 2019-01-24 23:09   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
Pittylabelle wrote:
WonkyWilly wrote:
Germans!

Americans!

Romans! Citizens!

''Lend me your ears!'' (but not if they're going to keep hearing NR...)

_________________
''Just consider this..... You can be scared when it gets too real...''
(FZ: ''It Just Might Be A One-Shot Deal'')

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mower B. Yard
Joined: 2005-09-26
Posts: 147
Location: Amnerika
Post 2019-01-25 07:48   [Quote] 
This is real fucking good.

Humble thanks to all involved.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
taurus
Busy Poster
Joined: 2005-07-28
Posts: 676
canada.gif
Post 2019-01-25 09:52   [Quote] 
I have not stopped by in quite some time - I have been missing out

thank you all very much for your efforts and for sharing
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
Joined: 2011-07-25
Posts: 1272
Location: middle of nowhere
germany.gif
Post 2019-01-25 13:58   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
Pittylabelle wrote:
WonkyWilly wrote:
Germans!

Americans!

Romans! Citizens!

''Lend me your ears!'' (but not if they're going to keep hearing NR...)


maybe this citizen will reconsider his statement once he gets a new cable for his headphones.

maybe he is hearing something else.

he can be wrong, in spite of his seeming godliness Very Happy

_________________
alive and living in hologram form
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
Joined: 2012-02-07
Posts: 3589
Location: Dwarf Nebula
england.gif
Post 2019-01-25 14:24   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
...maybe this citizen will reconsider his statement once he gets a new cable for his headphones.

Headphones didn't exist in Shakespeare times...

_________________
''Just consider this..... You can be scared when it gets too real...''
(FZ: ''It Just Might Be A One-Shot Deal'')

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5225
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-01-25 15:02   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
... maybe this citizen will reconsider his statement once he gets a new cable for his headphones ...


I do not know why you pick up on this topic again and again.

WonkyWilly has made it very clear: "There is plenty of tape hiss and air."
And the spectogram in iZotope shows that quite clearly - plus, I do not see
any typical desnoised spots there as they would normally arise.

So "if" somebody had denoised before, why should he have left that noise?
That makes no sense.

Besides, you still owe us an explanation: You have not said where you hear
these artifacts. Who will say A, need to say B as well.

(I hope you do not take that as hostility again.)
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Yuke
Busy Poster
Joined: 2011-10-16
Posts: 577
Post 2019-01-25 16:12   [Quote] 
When I listened to this show I thought I heard some weird affects, mainly on the vocals. I'm at work so I can't listen right now. It's definitely not just hiss.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 9098
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-25 16:15   [Quote] 
Yuke wrote:
When I listened to this show I thought I heard some weird affects, mainly on the vocals.


FZ was using some sort of effect on his voice in "Montana" (as mentioned earlier in this thread) similar to the KCET 1974 version of "Stinkfoot."

I think there is also a live phasing effect at times which FZ's sound guys used often in the 70's (I remember it in the Providence April 26 1975 show).
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yuke
Busy Poster
Joined: 2011-10-16
Posts: 577
Post 2019-01-25 16:18   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Yuke wrote:
When I listened to this show I thought I heard some weird affects, mainly on the vocals.


FZ was using some sort of effect on his voice in "Montana" (as mentioned earlier in this thread) similar to the KCET 1974 version of "Stinkfoot."

I think there is also a live phasing effect at times which FZ's sound guys used often in the 70's (I remember it in the Providence April 26 1975 show).


Ah, that would explain it. Thanks, pbuzby!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5225
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-01-26 01:50   [Quote] 
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Joined: 2005-11-12
Posts: 3682
Contributor
Post 2019-01-26 02:43   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
Gwonam seems to have the eerie desire to publish it everywhere


I'm not sure I understand the problem here, Pitty: files are all unchanged and credits have been left intact. As far as I know, there isn't a policy that says that Zappateers seeds are exclusive to this site. Keep also in mind that a lot of relatively recently surfaced goodies, like the Dan Lampinski recorded Zappa tapes, were uploaded on other websites first, so a rule like that would be a double edged sword, in my opinion.

Actually, to be honest I'm not sure I understand if there's a problem at all here or if you meant it tongue in cheek. It's always difficult to interpretate the tone of a written message (which is why I despise Facebook, for instance).

cheers

_________________
"Grouch!"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5225
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-01-26 02:54   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
Pittylabelle wrote:
Gwonam seems to have the eerie desire to publish it everywhere


I'm not sure I understand the problem here, Pitty: files are all unchanged and credits have been left intact. As far as I know, there isn't a policy that says that Zappateers seeds are exclusive to this site. Keep also in mind that a lot of relatively recently surfaced goodies, like the Dan Lampinski recorded Zappa tapes, were uploaded on other websites first, so a rule like that would be a double edged sword, in my opinion.

Actually, to be honest I'm not sure I understand if there's a problem at all here or if you meant it tongue in cheek. It's always difficult to interpretate the tone of a written message (which is why I despise Facebook, for instance).

cheers


It was meant more as an interesting discovery of this phenomenon - so nothing serious. Wink
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Joined: 2005-11-12
Posts: 3682
Contributor
Post 2019-01-26 02:59   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
It was meant more as an interesting discovery of this phenomenon - so nothing serious. Wink


I see Smile

As I mentioned, it's difficult to understand the tone in written conversations.

But, as Zappateers, we are all brothers in Zappa! Zappacheers!

_________________
"Grouch!"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 9098
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-26 03:08   [Quote] 
Pretty much every time I see a previously uncirculated show on one torrent site, within a week or so it "spreads" to every other torrent site. (Some shows can't appear on DIME if they contain material that was on an official release.)
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5225
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-01-26 03:47   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
It's always difficult to interpretate the tone of a written message (which is why I despise Facebook, for instance).cheers


I'm not on Facebook, for a bunch of other reasons - but I think I understand what you mean by that.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 9 of 10 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar