Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Bozzio-O'Hearn-Cuccurullo Power Trio - Zappanale #29 - 2018 07 21 Bad Doberan DE 192.58 SBD MC (Pittylabelle) LOSSY
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-07-24 05:54   [Quote] 
CanarsieWELTS wrote:
Pittylabelle,

Sincere gratitude for your sharing this.

How do I like it?

I have given the soundboard recording a listen. While the source has its limitations, fidelity wise it's a decent audio document. Pointedly the statistical density is FZ=BozzioOhearnDoubleyousee to the 3rd power. Three musicians sound like 27. This parabola is a universal alignment of music. In regards to these specific musicians, each can do so much more that they were able to do when in FZs bands.When a good balanced recording is made listeners will have a chance to hear the contrast, layers and dimension.

Cream, Hendrix, Mountain. The trio concept in music has been around a long time. I use these 60s bands because even in limited multi-track recording their live efforts had little to not layering but still was profound in artistic expression. The Bozzio, O'Hearn, Cuccurullo Power Trio has pooted forth, rebooted the context of the Power Trio ensemble . This world premiere here is a Wow, there are so many layers going on. I have sincere hopes on the band expanding on this for many years to come.

I can only imagine how far this artistic concept can be taken. From the opening notes to the Rocking Zappanale conclussion. Lucy, Luz....., The modern internet satire, where a Google female slime spy with a hairbrush up her alien orifice is icing on one of the many muffins but regardless if anyone subscribes to the up to date satire the secret chord progression of the bands concept is always shining through. The love of the music and bringing FZs political and artistic realm up to date. Zithers in tune.

GreatestBandBozzioO'HearnCuccurulloHaveHadInTheirLife

This is frighteningly familiar writing. Any guesses?

And sorry, pitty. I didn't know you were a roadie for the band.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-07-24 06:07   [Quote] 
CanarsieWELTS wrote:
I can only imagine how far this artistic concept can be taken. From the opening notes to the Rocking Zappanale conclussion. Lucy, Luz....., The modern internet satire, where a Google female slime spy with a hairbrush up her alien orifice is icing on one of the many muffins but regardless if anyone subscribes to the up to date satire the secret chord progression of the bands concept is always shining through. The love of the music and bringing FZs political and artistic realm up to date. Zithers in tune.

GreatestBandBozzioO'HearnCuccurulloHaveHadInTheirLife

hmm ^^ Has this been translated from Japanese by Google translator..?

PS. Please don't get upset Pitty, it's just not worth it.... you know that your efforts here are appreciated Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mb666
germany.gif
Post 2018-07-24 06:29   [Quote] 
[quote]OK. I have no desire to go to such an unqualified level of discussion where seemingly
personal tastes are in the foreground - even from moderators.

I will not post any more Zappanale #29 SBD webstreams here.

Have fun, enjoy![/quote]

Don't stop posting them! (I quite like the show. But that's not the point) Just keep posting, so those of us who weren't there can get get an idea of what was going on at Zappanale 29. Thanks for all of your work. Just don't expect everybody all the stuff.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
belew-vibe
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-07-24 07:18   [Quote] 
I'm happy to see these three on stage under any circumstances - MANY THANKS !!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CanarsieWELTS
Post 2018-07-24 12:07   [Quote] 
There is no sense going into deep critical analysis of this power trio concept. With music you either get it or you don't. Let those that like the concept enjoy and those that don't find something they do. These musicians sound more like 27 musicians than 3 people each playing an instrument, but even with Cream there is a history between Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce having severe stage sound issues.

If any set of musicians sounds more like 27 musicians and are having extreme stage sound problems what can anyone expect. It's clear in the dialog that was happening, how can anyone expect if they can not hear themselves, how can 27 layers of sound will come through the live FOH or the SBD. How can they emulate a proper performance in The Perfect Mix Storm.

What's on the soundboard, well as with all SBDs, so much of the bass frequencies are non-existent. But even with the good sound boards, I expect the musicians heard themselves well enough to deliver a good performance. These musicians kept playing and delivered a premiere performance that I feel lucky to have heard . The complexity in this form of a power trio need a Miles Davis extended engagement to develop that setlist. To only have limited rehearsal and get thrown into a storm like that. It's a miracle to even have pulled it off.

It just may be a one shot deal, but thank you very much.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ed_Lick
Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2018-07-24 13:56   [Quote] 
Thank you!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-07-24 14:02   [Quote] 
don't take critic of the music personal it's not your fault.............
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-07-24 16:42   [Quote] 
Danke very much!

cheers

cvhooij
netherlands.gif
Post 2018-07-24 16:55   [Quote] 
Thank you!

Idiot
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-07-24 18:33   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
Any ideas on the other missing track names?

29 Unknown Track [08:36]
36 Unknown Track [04:28]
37 Unknown Track [04:48]

29. We Like It Loose (as written on the set list)
36. or 37. Ordinary World (Duran Duran song - the one WC partly sings, not the gospel one that follows)

Additionally, track 13 includes a sample from The Rose Vortex's Muckin' Fusstache and elsewhere WC quoted You Should Dance Like This from his unreleased Album Of The Century.

And finally, the "end 5 section of Canarsie" was a WC piece called Allantown (a tribute to Holdsworth).

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
bazbo
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2018-07-25 06:37   [Quote] 
Koel. I was there.

I enjoyed this concert. Nice to see these three guys playing together. There was some great playing. I particularly liked the Pound and Filthy Habits. At the same time, there were a lot of weak moments. Patrick's bass playing was excellent and he could have been a bit more in the spotlights. Always fun to watch Terry working on the drums. Warren can play a mean guitar and we got some of that. On the other hand, some upstage behavior annoyed me a lot, to put it mildly. Not the most impressive ZN-concert I witnessed, but sure worth being there. Thankz for sharing, pittylabelle!

Guitar Solo Baz

'ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL'
- for Walk(spoon) - gone, but never forgotten

www.bazbo.net
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Mr_Green_Genes
Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2018-07-25 10:27   [Quote] 
Muito obrigado!

Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-07-25 14:52   [Quote] 
CanarsieWELTS wrote:
There is no sense going into deep critical analysis of this power trio concept. With music you either get it or you don't. Let those that like the concept enjoy and those that don't find something they do. These musicians sound more like 27 musicians than 3 people each playing an instrument, but even with Cream there is a history between Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce having severe stage sound issues.

If any set of musicians sounds more like 27 musicians and are having extreme stage sound problems what can anyone expect. It's clear in the dialog that was happening, how can anyone expect if they can not hear themselves, how can 27 layers of sound will come through the live FOH or the SBD. How can they emulate a proper performance in The Perfect Mix Storm.

What's on the soundboard, well as with all SBDs, so much of the bass frequencies are non-existent. But even with the good sound boards, I expect the musicians heard themselves well enough to deliver a good performance. These musicians kept playing and delivered a premiere performance that I feel lucky to have heard . The complexity in this form of a power trio need a Miles Davis extended engagement to develop that setlist. To only have limited rehearsal and get thrown into a storm like that. It's a miracle to even have pulled it off.

It just may be a one shot deal, but thank you very much.

Thanks for your assessment of the concert! Wink

Idiot wrote:
29. We Like It Loose (as written on the set list)
36. or 37. Ordinary World (Duran Duran song - the one WC partly sings, not the gospel one that follows)

Additionally, track 13 includes a sample from The Rose Vortex's Muckin' Fusstache and elsewhere WC quoted You Should Dance Like This from his unreleased Album Of The Century.

And finally, the "end 5 section of Canarsie" was a WC piece called Allantown (a tribute to Holdsworth).

Thanks for your contribution to the track list and the missing track names! Wink

bazbo wrote:
Koel. I was there.

I enjoyed this concert. Nice to see these three guys playing together. There was some great playing. I particularly liked the Pound and Filthy Habits. At the same time, there were a lot of weak moments. Patrick's bass playing was excellent and he could have been a bit more in the spotlights. Always fun to watch Terry working on the drums. Warren can play a mean guitar and we got some of that. On the other hand, some upstage behavior annoyed me a lot, to put it mildly. Not the most impressive ZN-concert I witnessed, but sure worth being there. Thankz for sharing, pittylabelle!

Guitar Solo Baz

Many Thanks! Finally, a honestly and expert criticism from someone who was there - live! Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-07-25 14:59   [Quote] 
ON ANOTHER NOTE WITH SOME MASTERING THERE IS PLENTY OF BASS....
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
LudzNL
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-07-26 19:53   [Quote] 
They had at least 3 hours and the power trio managed all in all about 6 great song.
besides WC none of the other musicians were happy with this performance
In the end even Denny couldn't save the show.
Sorry folks, I thought it was crap and I do feel sorry for Wolfhart Kutz,
It was almost Fawlty Towers "Don't mention the Warren"

bazbo wrote:
Koel. I was there.

Guitar Solo Baz

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Related All times are GMT

Jump to: