Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Bakiní @ the Potato Strikes Again! July 14th  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner
Ddrummer68
usa.gif
Post 2018-07-05 04:00   [Quote] 
This was posted at Keneally.com tonight:

There will be a Mike Keneally & Beer For Dolphins show at the Baked Potato in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday July 14 2018. This will be a FIVE-PIECE BFD featuring Joe Travers, Bryan Beller, Rick Musallam and Griff Peters, aka the bakiní @ the potato!/Wednesday Night Live lineup. We havenít done a gig with this personnel in aeons. Those of you who are in a position to come over and be enveloped by a BIG SOUND absolutely ought to do so.

Two sets, 9:30 and 11:30. We will play some things that have never been played by the quintet lineup, along with things from bakiní @ the potato! that have barely (or not at all) been touched since then, and a couple of very interesting cover choices.
Hoping to see many pals there! Tickets here! (End post)

So, look. I am not about to suggest paying to obtain a recording of this show, unless such is officially sanctioned and released by MK. However, if MK is OK with it - if someone on this board is able to attend the show, and is interested in recording it to make freely available on this forum, I would be willing to help defray that personís expenses. Or, I can loan you my Zoom Q2n to take to the show, or whatever. If this could have been planned a little further in advance, Iíd have suggested a Go Fund Me to have a mobile crew do a legit multi-camera recording of this event. I admit to being rather excitable when it comes to MK, and particularly as involves this dream team of a lineup. I would do just about anything to attend, but the notice is just too short, making the airfare from New Orleans impossible for me to swing right now. Regardless of whether you are persuaded by my plight, these shows need to be preserved for posterity... you know this is true. Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-07-13 21:49   [Quote] 
How I dearly wish I could witness this... Just MK, Beller and the Vaultmeister would have been enough musical riches, let alone an expanded lineup. One fine day, I will get on a plane, and go to the Baked Potato... I love this music, I love baked potatoes... it's a win-win !
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flyingm
usa.gif
Post 2018-07-18 23:24   [Quote] 
Went to this show, my first time seeing Mike.
Traffic and parking were a mess as Rod Stewart was at the Hollywood Bowl which is very near here.
Louder than any band I have ever heard at the Baked Potato.
Actually used my ear plugs for a while.

Not sure if they played all of these songs but this is from his printed set-list.

early show-
01. Roots Twist
02. Click
03. Life's too Small
04. Constructed
05. Voyage
06. Lightnin' Roy
07. Polyethylene
08. Pretty Enough/Taster
09. Ankle Bracelet

late show-
01. Choosing To Drown
02. Easy Livin'
03. Hallmark
04. Natty Trousers
05. Blameless
06. What Happened next
07. Haugseth
08. Roll
09. Kedgeree

The encore was a repeat of something from the first set.
Saw a couple people recording so who knows...maybe one will show up here
 [Profile]  [PM] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-07-19 08:25   [Quote] 
flyingm wrote:
Traffic and parking were a mess as Rod Stewart was at the Hollywood Bowl which is very near here.

Not sure if they played all of these songs but this is from his printed set-list.

early show-
01. Roots Twist
02. Click
03. Life's too Small
04. Constructed
05. Voyage
06. Lightnin' Roy
07. Polyethylene
08. Pretty Enough/Taster
09. Ankle Bracelet

late show-
01. Choosing To Drown
02. Easy Livin'
03. Hallmark
04. Natty Trousers
05. Blameless
06. What Happened next
07. Haugseth
08. Roll
09. Kedgeree

I hope a capture surfaces... I want to hear MK at the Baked Potato, just once... I am surprised that he would play so loud(?). I wish I could EVER find the video of MK in Kent,OH from 2001... As for Rod, the Faces are the cat's meow, but all yuppies must die...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
obdewil
germany.gif
Post 2018-07-19 12:06   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:
flyingm wrote:

early show-
01. Roots Twist
02. Click
03. Life's too Small
04. Constructed
05. Voyage
06. Lightnin' Roy
07. Polyethylene
08. Pretty Enough/Taster
09. Ankle Bracelet

late show-
01. Choosing To Drown
02. Easy Livin'
03. Hallmark
04. Natty Trousers
05. Blameless
06. What Happened next
07. Haugseth
08. Roll
09. Kedgeree

I hope a capture surfaces... I want to hear MK at the Baked Potato, just once... I am surprised that he would play so loud(?). I wish I could EVER find the video of MK in Kent,OH from 2001... As for Rod, the Faces are the cat's meow, but all yuppies must die...

I feel just like you about MK/BFD@TheBakedPotato!
So far at least these three short captures of the recent concert have made it to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjQapT3KdyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1By6lKcb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVlf7lI6Jrs

Can't offer you more from the Baked Potato but I promise to finally upload audio + video from The MK Report @ Waldsee, Freiburg on August 1st, 2017 for the hardcore MK fanatics here soon. This one is remarkable because the audio is a mixdown from live-multitrack-recording by Jan Fitschen. Coming soon! Another preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKyqkoDshwk
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: