Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Rob's Zappa Photos Preview Tease
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:03   [Quote] 
Herro!
I have a shit load of Zappa photos including ones that I took myself, my friends took and gave to me with permission to share and lots more that we're given to me for publication or possible publication in Society Pages USA when I was its co-publisher from 1989-1994. I have been scanning my photo collection for a while now. The problem is that my box of photos is in a box in my brother's garage in California and I live and work in Asia. I only go back to the US & A during the summer when I get my annual vacation from work (I'm a clown/English teacher). I've been in Hong Kong for almost 9 years but after 8 years of teaching here at two different schools, my former school that I worked at for 6 years did not renew my contract and the principal went out of his way to do it in an unnecessarily cruel and vicious way. Basically I felt like I was in the Hague on charges of crimes against humanity. I've been unemployed since August so no summer vacation, no income and a dwindling retirement account. I sat for countless interviews and sent my C/V or resume to 100s of school's and language centers but in spite of almost 12 years of clown/teaching and being a fully qualified teacher, I never get any call backs from schools I've interviews at and emailing to apply for a job is a complete waste of time as I have found out a few hundred times. So I didn't get to back to California this past summer as I have previously and be able to get a break from Hong Kong and/or scab anymore of my photos collection. I have already scanned 100s of my photos but there are many more to go. I have been busy preparing the digital images using Photoshop and have every intention of sharing them here like I did when I donated my entire Zappa audio collection to Zappateers through doctorzap. I'd take a guess that at least 20% of the audio recordings on this site came from my collection. I'm really glad that even though at first there was a lot of 'bickering' going on when I decided to my tapes to doctorzap, what I wanted happened, doctorzap transferred all, Flambay and the rest of the team prepared the digitized recordings and now they're pretty much all on here for everyone to download. Zappateers has done an awesome job preserving Frank's brilliant legacy which a lot more than the ZFT has!
When we did the 'Interview of the Century' with Frank in 1989 the issue of his fans recording concerts and trading tapes came up Frank said this:

"Frank Zappa: Well, look, it depends on what the intent is. If the intent is to rip me off, then I hate it. If the intent is to find out what's going on, then I think it's fabulous. I'm glad that somebody takes an interest in it, and I'm glad they enjoy it, and whatever I do is for other people's enjoyment here, y'know? But just like anybody else, who wants to get ripped off? I'm not interested in bending over. So ... there you have it."

As always, Frank was brilliant and reasonable and genuinely cared about his fans and was very generous to us too. Quite a few of the most infamous soundboard recordings in circulation such as Berlin 1978, Poughkeepsie 1978, Crush All Boxes, Chalk Pie ans many others were given to people to pass around by Frank himself. He wanted people to hear his music but he didn't like getting ripped off by bootleggers. And who could blame him?! He's the most bootlegged musician ever. But he got his revenge with the Bear The Boots boxes which was at that time, the highest grossing product Rhino records had made. I shared my tapes here and will share my photos here as well because of what Frank told us that he thought it was fabulous that people traded tapes of his music with the intent to enjoy and learn about his music. Following Frank's words and attitude towards his fans trading his tapes. I gave my audio collection to the only people/place in the world would can and did get my collection digitized and released to the masses. So one more time for the world, I have a shitload of Zappa photos in my collection (most of which have never been published and seen only by a few people) and a lot of them are ready to be shared by torrent for all to enjoy and fetish. However I've got a dilemma that must be addressed before I upload any of my photos in HD quality. Some piece of shit took my avatar photo from this website and re-posted to a third rate Pinterest type website:

https://milenashop.online/the-yellow-shark/
The caption under my photo was sometime like "Best Interview with Zappa ever". There's no photo credit, date or venue to go along with my picture which is exactly what websites like Pinterest do. If it was up to me I would have websites like that shutdown because they are not only breaking copyright laws, they are also profiting from the photos on their website that were taken from other websites and have no information about the photographer as well as no info such as the date or venue. If the owner of that website and you're a member here or reading this... I have two words for you and they are not happy birthday!

I have been preparing and meticulously researching some of the photos I have in order to find correct dates, venues and especially the photographers who deserve credit for their photos. Out of a sense of morality I would never upload a professional photographer's work not just because their pictures are how they make a living their pictures are their art. Hack sites like Pinterest who steal copyrighted material and what's worse to me is that they don't give the photographer credit or bother having accurate dates and venues are making my life difficult in trying to figure the details of many of the photos I have. My avatar on this site is a picture I took at the premiere Yellow Shark show in Frankfurt and I am particularly proud of that picture because Frank looks so content and regal in the colorful hat he's wearing, etc. It also represents that moment in time when Frank finally realized his lifelong dream to have an orchestra that was so committed to giving Frank's music their all and be able to play Frank's music the way he heard it in his head. It was a magical concert and I'm glad for Frank that even though he was pretty sick by then at least his dream happened before died. I was very fortunate to be able to attend the Yellow Shark concerts in Frankfurt and I'll never forget that gong ringing for a full minute before anyone clapped on the last night at the end of G-Spot Tornado. Just the thought of it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! I had some sort of warning/disclaimer to include with all of my photo torrents before any of this happened and although I'm still really pissed at the asshole who stole my avatar, I'm glad that that this happened before I uploaded any of my photos because I was concerned about photos I upload here being re-posted. The asshole who stole my avatar gave me the opportunity to address this issue with the Zappateers admins and I am confident they will come up with a strongly worded statement about photos on this website in general that I will also include with my Zappa photo torrents will virtually stop jerk offs from stealing and re-posting pictures from this website like what happened with my avatar photo. Last week I spoke to a copyright lawyer and he told me that photos are considered intellectual property and are automatically considered to be legally copyrighted. Since I can prove that my avatar on here is a photo I took it is my intellectual property and it is copyrighted. He told me how to proceed which was to contact the admins of this site and also write to the piece of human paraquat who stole my photo. I wrote to ass wipe 3 times. The first time I nicely informed him that it was my photo on his hack site and that I would allow him to keep the photo on his site if he would simply give me credit for my photo instead of that ridiculous caption that has nothing to do with anything. After about 10 days I got no response and my photo was still on his site. I then wrote to him again and told him that I wanted my photo taken down from his website. I then sent an email to the copyright agent for the website and I threatened legal action if the photo was not removed immediately. Plaintiffs can be awarded up to 1 million dollars per photo that has been used without permission. By the way, this copyright lawyer who is a really nice guy for talking to me and giving me some free info, told me that professional photographers are furious about websites like Pinterest and others like it because they steal their photos and trample their copyrights. Like Frank and unlike Gail, I dislike lawyers in general and I think that lawsuits are stupid when they are not warranted. Just the threat of a lawsuit is enough to keep weasels from stealing and re-posting others' photos. I really want to share my photos on Zappateers. I happen to be a big fan of this website and the great work they have done. I don't post a lot because I sometimes post inside info that I should't and I've pissed off a couple of people doing this. I also don't post a lot because some what I have written has been anti-Gail. I was once accused of having vitriol (I had to look for a definition of vitriol!) towards the ZFT which was Gail. Well now that the gory details have been made public prove that Gail was a mentally disturbed woman which is something I knew years before Frank died. If you're the person who wrote that 'vitriol' line, please get in touch with me. I really feel bad for Moon because she really got shafted by Gail. I really have no sympathy for Dweezil for a number of reasons but I'll just say that he exaggerated quite a lot and he used the press and played the martyr to boost ticket sales at his concerts. Frank told him in 1988 that recording 'My Guitar' was a bad idea because he thought Dweezil should do his pwn music. What do you think Frank would think of Dweezil's glorified cover band? Both Ed Palermo and Banned from Utopia/Arthur Barrow do a much better job at honoring Frank and his music. Speaking of which, I can't go into detail and I definitely can't mention names, but the Hollow Gram Tour ain't what I thought it was and I was very negative about at first but from what I heard it is going to be great! Finally the tribute to Frank and his music that he deserves and should have happened 24 years ago!

OK shut up and post some of those photos you keep babbling about! But first my own warning/guarantee...
These photos are my intellectual property and are covered under copyright laws. They are solely for the purpose of enjoying and learning about Frank Zappa. They may be downloaded but they are NOT to be re-posted on any other website nor sold anywhere either! I'm not a fan of lawyers and/or lawsuits but I will bring legal action against anyone who steals these photos and re-posts them anywhere!

First, the original photo that I used for my avatar.

robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:05   [Quote] 
Voodoo Butter at the Pier 1984

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:32; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:07   [Quote] 
The Pier 1984

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:32; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:08   [Quote] 
Mine the Harbor!

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:31; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:09   [Quote] 
Nassau Coliseum 1988. Andrew Greenaway used this picture in his book!

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:31; edited 3 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:11   [Quote] 
A little blurry but I love the smile on Mike's Face. A dream come true for Mr Keneally!

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:30; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:12   [Quote] 
Reverend A West at the Nassau Coliseum show

[Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:14   [Quote] 
Nice shot of the full band at the Nassau Coliseum show

[Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:15   [Quote] 
This picture was taken during Stairway to Heaven at the Nassau Coliseum. I got Mike Keneally and Dweezil to sign it for me

[Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:16   [Quote] 
Frank was looking right at me when I took this photo at the talk he did with Pierre Boulez at UCLA in 1989

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:29; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:20   [Quote] 
A picture I took at the book signing Frank did in 1989, NYC

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:29; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:21   [Quote] 
And moving on to the Yellow Shark concerts in Frankfurt. I'm pretty certain all of these were taken on the first night

Last edited by robsam on 2018-06-09 12:28; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:23   [Quote] 
More Yellow Shark

[Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:24   [Quote] 
Have another

[Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-06 23:26   [Quote] 
Want s'more... here ya go!

[Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: