Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
The Lost Episodes  
staaan
usa.gif
Post 2018-05-14 22:58   [Quote] 
This past Saturday I had some time to kill while waiting for a buddy of mine so I decided to pop into this used record/CD store and I spotted a copy of The Lost Episodes the price was right so I bought it and I'm really glad I did.

I had never really gotten into Beefheart and now I have to say that I'm intrigued. A couple of the songs from this CD that got me were Tiger Roach, Alley Cat, The Grand Wazoo

The instrumental version of Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance is outstanding!!!

Cops & Buns is brilliant, the Police Officer sounds like he's straight out of casting.

Charva has been stuck in my head since I first played it. The sniffing glue line cracks me up every time.

Back to Tiger Roach in the lyrics there is mention of "Monza blocks!" and for whatever reason immediately thought of Electric Aunt Jemima and the line "Monza by the street light".

Who or what is Monza?

Finally Lil`Clanton Shuffle is right on!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-05-14 23:45   [Quote] 
"Cops and Buns" is also in the alternate Uncle Meat sequence included in Meat Light. Having it segue to "Zolar Czakl" is funny.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-05-15 02:56   [Quote] 
staaan wrote:
Who or what is Monza?

In What Do You Want From Life? by The Tubes, it was a "a subcompact, four-passenger automobile produced by Chevrolet for the 19751980 model years." But in Tiger Roach it was "the sport version of the Chevrolet Corvair."
 [Profile]  [PM] 
staaan
usa.gif
Post 2018-05-16 03:30   [Quote] 
^ A car huh? oh well I thought it might be something more interesting then that. Thanks for the clarification.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-05-17 02:12   [Quote] 
1966 Chevy Corvair Monza
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: