Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Trout from Third Man pre-order
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-04-18 06:38   [Quote] 
Yep, everyone seems to forget that we already have the Trout Mask outtakes. I really don't think there is anything left.
Personally, I could not ask for more. Greatest record ever released and all that and it should never be issued with crappy add-ons
(studio chatter?). Absolutely ridiculous that after the interminable wait for BCP and the legal-wrangling over TMR (really about FZ, a
happy circumstance) that the ZFT let the 2 CB releases under their control go quickly out of print. Here comes the collectors vinyl!
To the non-hardcore or broke-at-the-time or late-comer Beefheart fans: Sorrrrry!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unheard78
Post 2018-04-18 12:10   [Quote] 
peresmeshnik wrote:
From the ads it appears that there's a lot of investment in the packaging of the thing, i.e. how TRM *looks*. But is the audio going to be any different than on the 2013 remastered CD release? Or are they simply going to etch the 2013 digital master signal onto vomit-colored vinyl?

Jack White and Third Man are pretty serious about vinyl mastering and production. I wouldn't be surprised if they requested the analog master to cut the new vinyl from. Of course, they also could have simply used the hi-rez digital master from the ZFT, but that'd be a flat transfer and they'd do new mastering work for the vinyl. I'd be really surprised if they used the CD master as the source for the vinyl, as that's just not how Third Man does things.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-04-18 12:53   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous that after the interminable wait for BCP and the legal-wrangling over TMR (really about FZ, a
happy circumstance) that the ZFT let the 2 CB releases under their control go quickly out of print.

I'd hazard a guess that it is some legal conflict or another and not their choice, but it's a shame, yes.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-04-18 20:58   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
Absolutely ridiculous that after the interminable wait for BCP and the legal-wrangling over TMR (really about FZ, a
happy circumstance) that the ZFT let the 2 CB releases under their control go quickly out of print.

BCP and TMR out of stock now, after such a short time? Really?

No new editions of simply further copies planned?

Then, I'm glad that I have my copies already purchased on the release dates. Razz
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
peresmeshnik
Post 2018-04-20 02:10   [Quote] 
unheard78 wrote:
peresmeshnik wrote:
From the ads it appears that there's a lot of investment in the packaging of the thing, i.e. how TRM *looks*. But is the audio going to be any different than on the 2013 remastered CD release? Or are they simply going to etch the 2013 digital master signal onto vomit-colored vinyl?

Jack White and Third Man are pretty serious about vinyl mastering and production. I wouldn't be surprised if they requested the analog master to cut the new vinyl from. Of course, they also could have simply used the hi-rez digital master from the ZFT, but that'd be a flat transfer and they'd do new mastering work for the vinyl. I'd be really surprised if they used the CD master as the source for the vinyl, as that's just not how Third Man does things.

If so, that would be great. It just seems odd to me that there is no mention of the analogue source in the advertisement (as far as I can tell), which seems to devote more space to the various gimmicks included (mask, tote bag, colored vinyl). I don't mean to question the quality or integrity of Third Man's vinyl production, I would just (personally) be more interested in a new edition of TRM with extras, input from veteran Magic Band members (esp. John French) and, if possible, a full analogue production. That's just my personal preference; but I'll be happy to see this new edition sell well and appeal to anyone interested in TRM, especially if it means more future vinyl releases from Third Man or whomever.

Zappamaniac
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2018-04-26 14:05   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:
Not a bad price for this --

https://www.audiophileusa.com/item.cfm?record=40334

wow, that's indeed cheap. I saw this at record fairs always above 100 €

Don´t let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2018-04-27 11:14   [Quote] 
Bizarrely when I tried to sell 4 complete GROW FINS vinyls at faCE VALUE ON HERE 4 years ago I had no takers... vinyl not so popular then here lol. Sold them on EBAY for a premium in the end...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Charles Baudelaire
usa.gif
Post 2018-05-27 16:08   [Quote] 
I think I'll throw my hat in for this re-release. Of course, I have two copies of this album already, but I'd be interested vomit beautifully with this new one. I dig the mask. All of my favorite albums have or soon will have 50th anniversary editions. By far my favorite period of music was 1965-1974. A hyped new copy of Trout Mask Replica sounds cool.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Charles Baudelaire
usa.gif
Post 2018-05-27 16:10   [Quote] 
Does anyone know when this tasty sucker will be released?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2018-05-27 16:48   [Quote] 
Dear Vault Member,

We're so glad you signed up to receive Vault package #36! We will be shipping this package in June,
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vandelpinkfloyd
Post 2018-06-20 16:23   [Quote] 
Shipping began early this week, overseas should already have theirs and domestic will be arriving today through next week.

Some quick notes:

ORIGINAL LYRICS INSERT IS INCLUDED!!!

DRUMBO IS LISTED FOR DRUMMER CREDIT!!!

Oh, and the puke vinyl looks amazing...

tunes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-06-21 01:22   [Quote] 
vandelpinkfloyd wrote:
Shipping began early this week, overseas should already have theirs and domestic will be arriving today through next week.

Some quick notes:

ORIGINAL LYRICS INSERT IS INCLUDED!!!

DRUMBO IS LISTED FOR DRUMMER CREDIT!!!

Oh, and the puke vinyl looks amazing...

tunes

Very interesting per the lyric sheet. Hope all copies get it (domestic & beyond). Odd it wasn't announced.
Maybe a way to get around things.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Charles Baudelaire
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-23 14:45   [Quote] 
When will the TMR reissue be released? Was it only available as a special promotion with Third Man?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869
hmm
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-06-23 15:44   [Quote] 
Charles Baudelaire wrote:
When will the TMR reissue be released? Was it only available as a special promotion with Third Man?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869
hmm

As of the moment, the TM edition is the only vinyl to be issued from the ZFT cd with the superior sound.
There are a ton listed on ebay if one is so inclined.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Urchinn
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-23 21:40   [Quote] 
Got mine yesterday. A very satisfying package. Lyric sheet included (nice!)...and I'll be using my Trout Mask Tote Bag tomorrow at the Farmer's Market! The colored vinyl is really quite interesting...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: