Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Vaulternative Candidate ?
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
Foxbat
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-03-06 18:26   [Quote] 
Since 1971 08 07 Los Angeles, CA was recorded by Frank I would like to see it released as a full show.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-03-06 18:54   [Quote] 
Well why not. Although I'd rather have the complete Fillmore June 71 shows.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-03-06 22:19   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Although I'd rather have the complete Fillmore June 71 shows.

Seconded.

cheers

chuck
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2018-03-07 01:30   [Quote] 
Agreed about the Fillmore shows!

I made my little edit of all that material from the various official releases and sequenced as best like the setlists of the time and that has been a really popular play on the ipod in our house.

I did this previously with all the Roxy material from all the various sources and now its been released in full... so maybe....?
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
rupert pupkin
Poster
france.gif
Post 2018-03-07 05:14   [Quote] 
a perfect sounding 1975 show with a killer version of Any Downers (with this moaning intro and synthesizer a-la Pink Floyd "Breathe" + Frank Zappa's nasty guitar solo) (these early rendition are totally different to the 80-81 live performances of Any Downers (I agree that those are great especially the one from Upper Darby which came out of the blue via W.Vault) + Black Napkins/Sleep Dirt mashup (we absolutely need Sleep Dirt live) and a killer version of Illinois Enema Bandit...
there are some outstanding performance here and the broadcast rec of one of these shows is enough to listen to the potential of "what if" - they release a 1975 show with a set-list like that an a decent soundboard sound quality...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-03-07 07:29   [Quote] 
After the monster Halloween 77 and Roxy sets, I need something small. Hate to be the fan that asks: What Next? But what can possibly be next? I need some breathing room.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-03-07 10:59   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
... What Next? But what can possibly be next? .

I believe a lovely hologram show is in the offing while you're waiting...

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-03-07 15:40   [Quote] 
I'll take whatever the fuck they put out.

BobM
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-03-07 17:34   [Quote] 
I too will be happy with whatever they serve up.

The more, the better.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2018-03-07 17:35   [Quote] 
unedited Austin 1975 or one from early in that tour with Portuguese Lunar Landing and Orange Claw Hammer.

Foxbat
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-03-07 18:29   [Quote] 
BobM wrote:
I too will be happy with whatever they serve up.

The more, the better.

I love the full shows, they bring back to life the songs I love but have heard on a studio recording a million times.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-03-09 05:23   [Quote] 
Iím down for anything but I reserve the better portion of my excitement for unheard studio material and I feel thereĎs a very good chance the Waka/Wazoo outtakes set may be the next release. A deluxe Hot Rats will find it's way to us eventually as well but Iíd bet theyíll wait for the 50th anniversary of that landmark release.

As for live stuff...we've been over this before but Iíd get most worked up for an 1970 MOI reunion show, a 1975 Bongo Fury show, a 1979 show, or more 1960's Mothers from any year...wasnít the Fullerton show once slated fo release???...and damn, Iíve always loved Appleton...I could do with that.
Hell, Iíd even get excited for an 1984 show. Iím really curious how they would sound with a current and fresh approach to the mix. In fact.. has the ZFT released anything from 1984 since the Stage series????...canít think of anything...

Just put it out there! Iíll be buying....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-03-09 09:15   [Quote] 
Yea, my motto is whatever it is I'll buy it (especially at the corporate sponsorship prices) but I'm up for something small!
A 10" of unreleased Zappa-Beefheart nonsense? A 30 minute Making of Valley Girl cd? A 7" coda to Congress Shall Make No Law?
The Gail Torture out-takes?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2018-03-09 10:37   [Quote] 
vivalapsych wrote:
Iím down for anything but I reserve the better portion of my excitement for unheard studio material and I feel thereĎs a very good chance the Waka/Wazoo outtakes set may be the next release. A deluxe Hot Rats will find it's way to us eventually as well but Iíd bet theyíll wait for the 50th anniversary of that landmark release.

As for live stuff...we've been over this before but Iíd get most worked up for an 1970 MOI reunion show, a 1975 Bongo Fury show, a 1979 show, or more 1960's Mothers from any year...wasnít the Fullerton show once slated fo release???...and damn, Iíve always loved Appleton...I could do with that.
Hell, Iíd even get excited for an 1984 show. Iím really curious how they would sound with a current and fresh approach to the mix. In fact.. has the ZFT released anything from 1984 since the Stage series????...canít think of anything...

Just put it out there! Iíll be buying....
Joe told me that there were no tapes of this band as far as he knew Crying or Very sad

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Farks Zappa
Poster
sweden.gif
Post 2018-03-09 13:57   [Quote] 
* Halloween 1978 Boxset. Don't think I need to elaborate on why.
* A 1982 show. Either one of the italian shows, or something uncirculated (assuming it's a good one of course).
* A 1988 show. 5/5 Dortmund would be a prime candidate for me personally.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: