Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1973 11 06 (E) Hempstead NY 93 min aud samples (Yojimbo-BengoFury)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 19 ]

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-01-28 22:48   [Quote] 
[i]Here we have samples from both the so-called short and long versions of this Hofstra University early show, November 06, 1973. As you will likely agree, both tapes are from the same master source so we do not have two sources unfortunately. I have provided samples from both - "a" suffix tracks from the "short version" and "b" suffix tracks from the "long version".

Both of these copies come from the Yojimbo collection and are from CDR's, apparently sourced from Ninja. Perhaps Ray can shed some light on the origins and perhaps better still, get access to the tape source if it still exists.

The "short version" cuts during the audience participation section of "Big Swifty". I think I know why after listening to the "long version" with "Big Swifty" complete and the encore ("Dickie") intact. There are major channel issues and degradation starting in the left channel, then the right, and sometimes both channels. Up to this point (about 13:40 in "Big Swifty") the tape sounds very good and is an excellent show. There is some evidence of these channel issues elsewhere on the tape, but nothing as severe as the last two songs. I didn't sample these bad sections. The samples provided are to compare the cuts (repaired in the "long version" already for the most part) and compare the audio quality of the two versions.

Here is hoping better copies exist. This show deserves to be back on the tracker soon![/i]

1973 11 06 (E) Hempstead NY AUD
unknown gen, 74:xx min (raw CD rip), AUD, B+
Lineage: AUD>unknown equipment>tape>CDR's>WAV>TLH>Flac (408 MB)
Show recorded by: n/a
Transferred by: BengoFury

&

1973 11 06 (E) Hempstead NY AUD
MC (acc. to ninja), 93:xx min (raw CD rip), AUD, B/C+
Lineage: AUD>unknown equipment>tape>CDR's>WAV>TLH>Flac (539 MB)
Show recorded by: n/a
Transferred by: BengoFury

1973 11 06 - Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Early show
95 min, Aud, B/C+
75 min, Aud, B+
The longer recording has mic problems in places. The shorter one cuts in Big Swifty.
soundcheck intro, Pygmy Twylyte, The Idiot Bastard Son, Cheepnis, Penguin In Bondage (incl. Kung Fu), T'Mershi Duween, Dog Meat, RDNZL, Village Of The Sun, Echidna's Arf, Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?, I'm The Slime, Big Swifty, Dickie's Such An Asshole

a01 intro Hempstead 73 short
a02 Cheepnis short end-preamble short
a03 Penguin-Tmershi cut short
a04 Tmershi cut right channel drop out short
a05 Don't You Ever Wash cuts in drum solo short
a06 Big Swifty aud part cuts off short

b01 intro Hempstead 73 long
b02 Cheepnis end-preamble long
b03 Tmershi cut right channel drop out long
b04 Don't You Ever Wash cuts in drum solo long
b05 Big Swifty aud part complete long
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Quesons Chicken
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-01-28 23:49   [Quote] 
Looks like both shows need some spiffing.

-FZ Nantes, France 0614, 1980
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: