Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Hello Friends, What's the not so secret word of the day? Hologram!
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2017-10-26 11:33   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:
Idiot wrote:
Let's remain calm until we actually know what 'fake' Frank is all about.

Wiser words were never spoken than the words spoken here quoted about HOLO FRANK... imslow

Not sure about that.... Whilst I totally agree that remaining calm is indeed some wise advice, I don't need to know what 'fake' Frank is about to know that I think the idea of a hologram show is a bad one.

Good or bad, I'm totally calm about it - I mean, I'm not the one being made into a hologram, so it's not my business anyway.

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-10-27 11:08   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:
Idiot wrote:
Let's remain calm until we actually know what 'fake' Frank is all about.

Wiser words were never spoken than the words spoken here quoted about HOLO FRANK... imslow

Not sure about that.... Whilst I totally agree that remaining calm is indeed some wise advice, I don't need to know what 'fake' Frank is about to know that I think the idea of a hologram show is a bad one.

Good or bad, I'm totally calm about it - I mean, I'm not the one being made into a hologram, so it's not my business anyway.

I am calm and I would like to be a hologram roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
UncleBurntApostrophe
uk.gif
Post 2017-10-27 12:41   [Quote] 
As an early post postulated (and has seemed to be quite perspicacious, and hold true):

This seems to be pretty cleanly divisive, between those that find (the prospect of it), cool, and those whom find it creepy!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-10-27 13:20   [Quote] 
I've posted elsewhere on this site my exact reasons for not liking the idea of a ''holo Frank'' show, but then again I'm lucky enough and old enough to have seen the man himself a few times.... If I were in the other position of not being fortunate enough to see the real thing then I may well have a different opinion..... Either way I certainly don't intend to spoil others enthusiasm. (Although I can't help thinking that maybe the ZFT has its priorities wrong....)

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
UncleBurntApostrophe
uk.gif
Post 2017-10-27 15:26   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
I've posted elsewhere on this site my exact reasons for not liking the idea of a ''holo Frank'' show, but then again I'm lucky enough and old enough to have seen the man himself a few times.... If I were in the other position of not being fortunate enough to see the real thing then I may well have a different opinion..... Either way I certainly don't intend to spoil others enthusiasm. (Although I can't help thinking that maybe the ZFT has its priorities wrong....)

Aye- I chose not to bog down my previous post, much, past making that point (about cool, and creepy)...

But, I agree with what you seem to be inferring!

That behind that, what likely drives opinions one way or tuther,
is whether an opportunity to see the artist 'live', or not, is particularly prized, or not!!

I agree/can reecognize, that this prospect excites me more, because I didn 't see the real thing!

However, objectively, this still feels sound to me, i.e. it doesn't seem contingent on this!

In other words, if I put myself in the position where I had no particular, unrequited desire, to see the act live, driving me,
the prospect still doesn't really offend me, threaten, or unnerve me. Cool

To each their own, of course.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2017-10-27 16:26   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
I've posted elsewhere on this site my exact reasons for not liking the idea of a ''holo Frank'' show, but then again I'm lucky enough and old enough to have seen the man himself a few times.... If I were in the other position of not being fortunate enough to see the real thing then I may well have a different opinion.....

Just to be clear, I am in the other position and I find it a pretty shitty idea. But as I said, it's none of my business anyway, so I'm cool about it. In fact, I'm cool with any shitty ideas people might have around the globe as long as they don't get in the way of anyone else's lives.

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-10-27 16:58   [Quote] 
I did wonder if the differences in opinion were broadly split along those lines but from what you two are saying it seems not....

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
 [Profile]  [PM] 
UncleBurntApostrophe
uk.gif
Post 2017-10-27 21:12   [Quote] 
I'm not quite what you're inferring, above, Father...

But I think those who are either, calmly waiting to see how it turns out before judging,
and, those who don't like the idea, but aren't particularly passionately so,
Are very much in the minority!!

Well, at least the vocal minority, and at least here-zappa.com forum (last I touched base there).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-10-27 21:25   [Quote] 
UncleBurntApostrophe wrote:

I meant I'd wondered if those who liked the holo show idea liked it because they hadn't had the chance to see FZ, and those who had seen him didn't (like the idea)... but it seems that isn't correct.
(I'm in the 'don't like the idea but aren't particularly bothered' camp)

[Profile]  [PM] 
UncleBurntApostrophe
uk.gif
Post 2017-10-27 22:17   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:

I meant I'd wondered if those who liked the holo show idea liked it because they hadn't had the chance to see FZ, and those who had seen him didn't (like the idea)... but it seems that isn't correct.
(I'm in the 'don't like the idea but aren't particularly bothered' camp)

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant, lol
And I was just registering my surprise at your saying it!

As far as I can see, that looks like the probable underpinning, for the most part.

What's making you doubt that now??
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-10-28 06:59   [Quote] 
...What's making you doubt that now??

Well. you and yetanother didn't see FZ and (I thought) you said you didn't think it was ''contingent'' on that and he said he still thought it a ''shitty'' idea, so I changed my mind (agreed; it is a small sample size of two but it was still 100% so I went with it)
Of course, there's always the age difference thing adding to it... you have to be late 40's+ to have seen FZ.... maybe younger people (non-FZ see-ers) are just more accepting of new ideas whilst us oldies (FZ gig attenders) just ''don't be holding with that new-fangled malarkey'' <<West Country accent.

[Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2017-10-28 12:21   [Quote] 
You might also think that people from countries which FZ hasn't played in his lifetime would be more eager to see holo-FZ. But I don't think that logic holds water at all.

And while I'm cool with it, I also think that the motivation for the whole thing is 100% economic, as no one who had a minimum of artistic vision would have come up with such an idea. And the fact that they're doing it means that there's people willing to pay for it, which is the part I find really sad and depressing - not the shitty idea per se.

Last edited by yetanother on 2017-10-28 13:29; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2017-10-28 12:33   [Quote] 
The thing is, if the musicians who are supposed to be on board for the tour were coming to Paris to play an entire show of Zappa compositions, without an hologram, I would go in the blink of an eye.

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2017-10-28 15:34   [Quote] 
Looks like those of us who donated to save the vault also donated to the FZ Hologram tour. He should put out some dvd's of that unreleased video instead of saving it for the Hologanza.

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
arf
Poster
france.gif
Post 2017-10-28 16:53   [Quote] 
bleachboy wrote:
The thing is, if the musicians who are supposed to be on board for the tour were coming to Paris to play an entire show of Zappa compositions, without an hologram, I would go in the blink of an eye.

Alternative solution :
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 13 of 15 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

Jump to: