Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Hello Friends, What's the not so secret word of the day? Hologram!
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
belew-vibe
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-25 04:02   [Quote] 
I was more interested in seeing a new combination of alumni on stage than anything - the hologram aspect I was indifferent to... As per Adrian's comments, it was slated for 18 months from now. I couldn't listen to endless arguing until then - I won't miss the old thread !! I can say one thing - I remember clearly one aspect of the 2006 ZPZ tour - it was great because there were several alumni on stage - many positive memories. The best guitar solo of the night wasn't by Vai - it was the slow buildup by Dweezil during Torture - with Napoleon singing. It was more like a "70's" phrasing. Just my opinion... When Vai looked at the guitar, it would just catch on fire... after a while, it was like OK, OK, I get it ! If several alumni play on this hologram thingie, it might be fun to see a new combination. The one I wish would show up is Warren - I would love to see him do some stratty type rhythms, and use some freaky tones for soloing... After Frank died, I remember he played Watermelon with Duran Duran out of respect. It would be nice to see Warren plug in...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-09-25 05:01   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:
I was more interested in seeing a new combination of alumni on stage than anything - the hologram aspect I was indifferent to... As per Adrian's comments, it was slated for 18 months from now. I couldn't listen to endless arguing until then - I won't miss the old thread !! I can say one thing - I remember clearly one aspect of the 2006 ZPZ tour - it was great because there were several alumni on stage - many positive memories. The best guitar solo of the night wasn't by Vai - it was the slow buildup by Dweezil during Torture - with Napoleon singing. It was more like a "70's" phrasing. Just my opinion... When Vai looked at the guitar, it would just catch on fire... after a while, it was like OK, OK, I get it ! If several alumni play on this hologram thingie, it might be fun to see a new combination. The one I wish would show up is Warren - I would love to see him do some stratty type rhythms, and use some freaky tones for soloing... After Frank died, I remember he played Watermelon with Duran Duran out of respect. It would be nice to see Warren plug in...

I agree with just about everything said 😁
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-09-25 05:17   [Quote] 
Hmmm....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2017-09-25 05:34   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
Threads in PP are not visible for ordinary members to read.

Yes, I get a "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-09-25 06:45   [Quote] 
poldino wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:

I can't see it. There are different tiers of users here? Anyone care to explain?

Nor can I. I was talking about Admins and us ordinary ''other'' people..... As Bengo is chief number one admin and it seems (by his post above) he CAN read threads in PP I was presuming that may be the reason why he thinks everyone can.....

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
poldino
Busy Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-09-25 07:00   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
poldino wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:

I can't see it. There are different tiers of users here? Anyone care to explain?

Nor can I. I was talking about Admins and us ordinary ''other'' people..... As Bengo is chief number one admin and it seems (by his post above) he CAN read threads in PP I was presuming that may be the reason why he thinks everyone can.....

That would be odd. Plausible, though. It should have been obvious that people weren't complaining because it was moved from some location to some other location (who could care about that?), but that it was (for all intents and purposes) deleted. I'm pretty sure everyone knew we can't read PP because of almost identical discussions whenever anything is similarly censored here.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2017-09-25 10:31   [Quote] 
poldino wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:

Admin tier are folks who help keep the site running, and help new users. You can contact them using the staffz@zappateers.com email.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer

Last edited by TPS on 2017-09-26 07:52; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-09-25 11:55   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2017-09-25 13:00   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
https://www.dweezilzappa.com/posts/1983688-trademark-battle-update

very repetitive. There is nothing much new in it other than a few references to holograms and that ZFT are withholding a document, unless you've just woken from a 2 year coma.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-25 14:07   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:

very repetitive. There is nothing much new in it other than a few references to holograms and that ZFT are withholding a document, unless you've just woken from a 2 year coma.

If you are referring to this... (Remember: Ahmet told Rolling Stone Dweezil's claims that the estate was attempting to stop him were "1 million percent false.) DWEEZIL is just trying to make his point about how so full of shit Ahmet and the ZFT really are with all of this.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-25 15:10   [Quote] 
Just a friendly reminder... Ahmet and Jeff from Eyellusion will be on today's Eddie Trunk Trunk Nation radio show in the second hour at 3pm EST on SiriusXM's Volume channel. I will be calling in to speak my mind and I also encourage others to do the same. The number is 844-686-5863.

belew-vibe
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-25 16:00   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:

I must say the "custom designed fuzz pedals with hand drawn art" Dweezil mentioned might be fun. As long as it isn't just an overpriced knockoff of a Big Muff or a Fuzz Face - the world already has too many of those. The old Dearmond Square Wave circuit is a damn good place to start. Aside from that, this just sounds like more legalese. I hope he wins, to be honest...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-25 17:58   [Quote] 
Wow... even Ahmet's own Twitter post about this farse is taking a beating.

https://twitter.com/zappa/status/910844038936276992

I bet he tells Eddie Trunk "don't take any phone calls" during their interview today.

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-09-25 18:15   [Quote] 
Oops, already posted............
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2017-09-25 18:19   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
TPS wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:

If you are referring to this... (Remember: Ahmet told Rolling Stone Dweezil's claims that the estate was attempting to stop him were "1 million percent false.) DWEEZIL is just trying to make his point about how so full of shit Ahmet and the ZFT really are with all of this.

Nope. I got that.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 15 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

Jump to: