Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
The return of the edited... Frank Zappa back on the road! The Hologram Tour
Goto page:  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
bazbo
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2017-09-21 13:47   [Quote] 
On Twitter:

Quote:
The Zappa Family Trust is working with @EyellusionLive to produce hologram performances of FZ with former bandmates

http://www.zappa.com/news/frank-zappa-back-road-hologram-tour

Confused

Guitar Solo Baz

Last edited by bazbo on 2017-09-21 13:49; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-21 14:00   [Quote] 
I think the whole hologram thing is fucking retarded but, I will probably go to see it!! It's being done by the same guy that did DIO Returns and Ahmet is also the EVP of Global Business Development for Eyellusion. http://eyellusionlive.com/team/

Also this is a bit confusing...

He continued, “Also, how radical would it be to have Moon singing ‘Valley Girl’ onstage with Frank? Or to see Dweezil side by side with our father playing dueling guitar solos? That would be my greatest wish and I look forward to bringing this special celebration of Frank’s legacy to a town near you.

Does this mean that they have all buried the hatchet?

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-09-21 14:13   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
I think the whole hologram thing is fucking retarded but, I will probably go to see it!! It's being done by the same guy that did DIO Returns and Ahmet is also the EVP of Global Business Development for Eyellusion. http://eyellusionlive.com/team/

Also this is a bit confusing...

He continued, “Also, how radical would it be to have Moon singing ‘Valley Girl’ onstage with Frank? Or to see Dweezil side by side with our father playing dueling guitar solos? That would be my greatest wish and I look forward to bringing this special celebration of Frank’s legacy to a town near you.

Does this mean that they have all buried the hatchet?

I doubt it, but who knows. If not, it's transparent manipulation of the fans and Moon/Dweez ought to be fuming right now.
Hologram Frank + touring band + occasional alumni guests = I don't know. It's their money. If they can fill the seats then
it's not a bad idea, I guess.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Weirdomusic
Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2017-09-21 14:26   [Quote] 
No. Just no.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-09-21 14:33   [Quote] 
Facepalm.

I'm all for phostumous releases and will keep buying these (if the quality continues to be this good) but this is going too far. Sorry but not even Steve Vai, Ian Underwood, Adrian Belew, Arthur Barrow, Vinnie Colaiuta, Scott Thunes, Mike Keneally, Denny Walley, Warren Cuccurullo and Napoleon Murphy will convince me to go see this. If it was a celebrative event with only these people playing Frank's music it would be amazing but the hologram stuff really puts me off.

Last edited by Galeans on 2017-09-21 14:34; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-09-21 14:34   [Quote] 
Weirdomusic wrote:
No. Just no.

BTW, the next ZFT project is "Frank Zappa - The Movie", but in Manga & Anime Design. Shocked
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-09-21 14:46   [Quote] 
For me, the ZPZ Live-overlay of Franks guitar playing was also sketchy.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2017-09-21 14:48   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
For me, the ZPZ Live-overlay of Franks guitar playing was also sketchy.

yeah, but at least it wasn't the main act.

i also really dislike the wording "Frank Zappa back on the road". Makes it sound like some sort of puppet perversion of the guy. I'd rather see his bones on stage next to his guitar than this. Also, part of the appeal of a Zappa show is the unpredictability. There can be none here.

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2017-09-21 14:56   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
... Also, part of the appeal of a Zappa show is the unpredictability. There can be none here.

Well the hologram rig could break down or (hopefully) blow up........

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2017-09-21 15:04   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
... Also, part of the appeal of a Zappa show is the unpredictability. There can be none here.

and when (not if) this fails, all the money collected the last few years to get out of debt (supposedly) will have been for naught. Pretty fishy (and not of the thingy kind).

tioa
italy.gif
Post 2017-09-21 15:23   [Quote] 

http://rhoerer.wordpress.com
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-09-21 15:36   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:
Gwonam wrote:

and when (not if) this fails, all the money collected the last few years to get out of debt (supposedly) will have been for naught. Pretty fishy (and not of the thingy kind).

Don't know about any of that, but it's a sure win-win for Ahmet.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pesimst
Post 2017-09-21 16:04   [Quote] 
Dude, just form a group with the alumni + Dweezil, ffs
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2017-09-21 16:16   [Quote] 
I think FZ would've loved this idea! 🤣
 [Profile]  [PM] 
stupidbluesuit93
canada.gif
Post 2017-09-21 16:24   [Quote] 
It's pretty fucking Appalling, if you ask me. I don't care if they bring back some of Zappa's original bandmates from back in the day, this is not something I want to give money to.

The whole hologram thing was bad enough when they did it with Tupac Shakur, but given that the bulk of rap fans care more about seeing the star on the stage than they do about listening to the songs, it made sense that such a choice was made.

By doing this, they're reducing Frank's image to a marketable product; something to see rather than hear. People haven't been going to tribute concerts like Zappa Plays Zappa and Zappanale after all these years just to hear the hits, they come to hear the incredible musicianship and unique improvisations that the dynamic nature of Frank's songs can offer when performed in live scenarios.

And on a side note, it's extra sickening when you realize that Ahmet and Diva, Frank's own children, greenlit this. They may as well have dug their father up, tied him to puppet strings and paraded him around the stage like howdy doody. Dweezil and Moon Unit must be furious.

All in all, this is a sad day for Zappa fans. This whole idea is the complete antithesis of what Frank was about.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 14 Goto page:  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: