Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Zoot Allures vinyl UMe
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
NikZah
Poster
russia.gif
Post 2017-09-01 03:12   [Quote] 
Zoot Allures vinyl reissue by Universal is available for pre-order. Release date October 20.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
knoot
Contributor
norway.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-09-17 21:23   [Quote] 
Up on Spin CD's: https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/zoot-allures-180gm-vinyl-reissue

"Mastered and cut directly from the analog tape master by Bernie Grundman in 2017." Smile

K
 [Profile]  [PM] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-09-17 22:10   [Quote] 
knoot wrote:
Up on Spin CD's: https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/zoot-allures-180gm-vinyl-reissue

"Mastered and cut directly from the analog tape master by Bernie Grundman in 2017." Smile

K

Superb !! I could not have asked for better LP titles, or stewardship with respect to the transfer process. Time to progress forward and snag some ZFT pressings...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2017-09-18 08:42   [Quote] 
Both Zoot and AF vinyls are delayed, at least in the UK, according to UMe UK, until November 17th.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2017-09-19 06:23   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
Both Zoot and AF vinyls are delayed, at least in the UK, according to UMe UK, until November 17th.

Maybe to have the 1977 Halloween Box Set coming out first?

TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2017-09-19 09:45   [Quote] 
uncle max wrote:
TPS wrote:

Maybe to have the 1977 Halloween Box Set coming out first?

UMe UK have not even admitted Halloween '77 exists yet!

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
PaulusS
Busy Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2017-09-19 12:17   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
UMe UK have not even admitted Halloween '77 exists yet!

Maybe they are like me and won't believe it until I hold it in my hands.

choppadoo
Post 2017-09-22 02:47   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:

Got an e-mail from amazon in the US saying that AF got pushed back to October 6th.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2017-09-28 23:50   [Quote] 
choppadoo wrote:
TPS wrote:

Got an e-mail from amazon in the US saying that AF got pushed back to October 6th.

Received the official "Zappa Mailinglist" e-mail from zappa.com on 2017 09 27:

Excerpt:
"Frank Zappa's Legendary HALLOWEEN NYC 1977 Residency To Be Released As A Massive Box Set
PLUS: CLASSIC ALBUM ZOOT ALLURES REISSUED ON 180-GRAM VINYL
AVAILABLE OCTOBER 20 VIA ZAPPA RECORDS/UMe"

Official Zappa Mailinglist 2017 09 27 - HALLOWEEN 77 Box/CD + Zoot Allures on Vinyl
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=31865
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
peresmeshnik
Post 2017-10-04 03:25   [Quote] 
Any suggestions why the pre-order price on Amazon for the Zoot reissue [https://www.amazon.com/Zoot-Allures-LP-Frank-Zappa/dp/B0743B8CZ7/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1507083347&sr=1-1&keywords=zappa+zoot] is the same ($25) as the upcoming *two*-LP Absolutely Free reissue? If Zoot will consist of only *one* LP (as Amazon states), then should it not cost slightly less than AF? Or might the Zoot reissue contain supplementary material, either digital or printed?

TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2017-10-04 08:32   [Quote] 
You could take the risk and pre-order hoping their price promise works and they find a realistic price before release, but risk joining their 'seen ya coming' club.
It's £20 in the UK

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
peresmeshnik
Post 2017-10-05 00:03   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
You could take the risk and pre-order hoping their price promise works and they find a realistic price before release, but risk joining their 'seen ya coming' club.
It's £20 in the UK

I guess I'm most curious about the marketing strategy behind this particular release. If it's simply the original LP, with no supplements, then I presume it must be aimed mainly at collectors and/or buyers who simply want a higher-quality example of ZA in their vinyl collection -- in which case I, for one, willl likely pass on it. But if it were to include significant extras --- meaning not simply a "zoot suit" costume folded up in the album jacket, but new historical material --- then they did, indeed, see me a-comin' and I will gladly pay $25 or even 20 GBP.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2017-10-07 14:30   [Quote] 
peresmeshnik wrote:
TPS wrote:
It's £20 in the UK

I guess I'm most curious about the marketing strategy behind this particular release. If it's simply the original LP, with no supplements, then I presume it must be aimed mainly at collectors and/or buyers who simply want a higher-quality example of ZA in their vinyl collection -- in which case I, for one, willl likely pass on it. But if it were to include significant extras --- meaning not simply a "zoot suit" costume folded up in the album jacket, but new historical material --- then they did, indeed, see me a-comin' and I will gladly pay $25 or even 20 GBP.

I agree and will skip this reissue too. I have 2 MINT copies of the USA LP. One with WB palm tree labels and the other is the later white WB labels.

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2017-10-09 05:05   [Quote] 
I'm not interested in any of this vinyl reissue business, but I'm behind it 100%.
If that makes sense to you.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2017-10-18 22:01   [Quote] 
Iím so impressed with the recent Absolutly Free vinyl I just might have to pick this up even though I have a decent original.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: