Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1972 12 02 Early & Late Kansas City MO 70+75 Aud (Lestatkatt) ***REPOST***
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows
DL-List
Complete: [ 102 ]
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2005-11-23 23:40   [Quote] 
EDIT: THIS TORRENT HAS BEEN PULLED.

Non NRed versions are available here:

http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4270

And

http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4275

The Evil Prince
2009-04-26

This is a reseed of lestatkatt's original post from over two years ago for the newbies and anyone else who didn't manage to get it back then.
Here are his original notes:-

****PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3.****
PLEASE REPOST THIS TORRENT TO SHARINGTHEGROOVE.ORG
AND KEEP YOUR WINDOW OPEN. THANK YOU. ENJOY-

Frank Zappa : 12/2/72
Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City, MO
master cassette>??>cdr>cdr>flac
seeded by lestatkatt on 12/7/03 to sharingthegroove.org

Disc One: Early Show:
70 min, Aud, B+/B

Rollo,
Duke Of // Prunes, splice @ 4:04
Montana,
Little Dots,
Cosmik Debris,
KC Blues,
Farther Oblivion,
America Drinks & Goes Home

Disc Two: Late Show:
75 min, Aud, B+

Merely A Blues In A,
Son Of Mr. Green Genes,
Rollo, Imaginary Diseases,
Cosmik Debris,
Chu//nga's Revenge, splice @ 1:12
Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?

please enjoy this fantastic show from the rarely heard petit wazoo tour!
i was told this recording was copied directly from the master tape. i hear a little
bit of tape hiss and i believe it might be a 2nd or 3rd gen, but it still sounds great.
after careful listening at a loud volume, i can hear that some slight noise reduction was
used on the late show somewhere down the line before i recieved it last year. there are
some edits from between the songs. this was the way i recieved the discs. i did not and
would not do any editing of any concert recordings. .there was also MANY loud pops
and clicks all throughout the discs. i used soundforge click removal to remove them . i
* think* i got all of them. - anyway, it's a vast improvement. play these shows loud.
let's hope that gail actually releases a full show from this tour in the next century.

- michael 12/7/03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
== The Petit Wazoo Orchestra October - December 1972 ==
Frank Zappa, Tony Duran, Dave Parlato, Jim Gordon, Bruce Fowler,
Malcolm McNabb, Tom Malone, Earle Dumler, Glenn Ferris, Gary Barone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the following has been kindly borrowed from >
http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd/wazoo/pwindex.html

The Petit Wazoo was the nickname of Frank Zappa's band that toured in October, November,
and December of 1972. It was not their official name; publicity for the tour billed the concerts as
being performed by "Frank Zappa" and/or "The Mothers Of Invention". FZ did not refer to the band
as the Petit Wazoo on any of the concert tapes I have heard. However, he did use the name in
a 1989 interview.

As far as I'm concerned, the Petit Wazoo is the Great Lost Zappa Tour. Why haven't any recordings
been officially released?

Petit, as in petit larceny or petit fours, is from the masculine form of the French adjective. It rhymes with
"Twisted Sister". Petite is from the feminine form of the French adjective. It rhymes with "nothing to eat".
Based on the one token I've heard, FZ seems to have pronounced it as Petite Wazoo. I have no
evidence how he spelled it. I plan to keep the spelling Petit on this website until I get better evidence.
-Charles Ulrich.

At the late show in Kansas City (12/2/72), an audience member yelled out the request "Shit on stage!"
Frank Zappa replied,

a) "No, no. Go see Alice Cooper."
b) "Spend fifteen years learning to play a musical instrument, you come to Kansas City and the guy says
'Shit on stage!'"
c) "The name of this song is 'Cosmik Debris', which is as good as shitting on stage."
d) "I just did shit on stage, and you missed it."
e) all of the above
concert photos from these shows> http://members.shaw.ca/fz-pomd2/pics/kcpics.html
ticket stub for the late show> http://www.fredunzel.com/tickets/72-12-02.htm

StatusBaby Notes:-
I have left the files exactly as lestatkatt originally seeded them.
I have included a fingerprint file

If this proves a popular torrent, I will reseed some more old shows from the STG days in a desperate attempt to improve my poxy ratio Wink

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-11-24 05:53   [Quote] 
These are already on the tracker, so a reseed is completely unnecessary...
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2005-11-24 07:14   [Quote] 
Yes, but is this seed identical to the two separate ones ??...
I'd be happy to jump on those if some seeders are coming to the rescue of us latecomers ...

Guess there is an increasing need to get the FZ shows board re-organized in some way ...

With the amount of FZ shows on the tracker building up it is increasingly harder to find out what's already there and how many different versions of the same show.

How about organizing something as a more clearly organized FZ shows back catalogue where from page 2 upwards all FZ shows would be listed in chronological order in ascending order (1966 - 67 - 68 - ....) or descending (1988 - 87 - 84 - ...)

Page 1 should still list the 50 most recently posted ones imo, as they are listed listed now ...

Technically possible ??
Any opinions ??
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-11-24 07:25   [Quote] 
Quote:
With the amount of FZ shows on the tracker building up it is increasingly harder to find out what's already there and how many different versions of the same show.

If everyone uses the preferred naming system, it's very easy to just do a search for eg '1972' on the tracker, and get all shows sorted by date.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2005-11-24 07:48   [Quote] 
bengofury wrote:
Quote:

If everyone uses the preferred naming system, it's very easy to just do a search for eg '1972' on the tracker, and get all shows sorted by date.

Thanks for the hint ... Idea imslow

So is this torrent going to be pulled then ??...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
girlfromthebus
Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2005-11-24 09:24   [Quote] 
thanks SB
 [Profile]  [PM] 
walk
Site Admin
germany.gif
Post 2005-11-24 11:22   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:

-snip-
Guess there is an increasing need to get the FZ shows board re-organized in some way ...

How about organizing something as a more clearly organized FZ shows back catalogue where from page 2 upwards all FZ shows would be listed in chronological order in ascending order (1966 - 67 - 68 - ....) or descending (1988 - 87 - 84 - ...)

Page 1 should still list the 50 most recently posted ones imo, as they are listed listed now ...

Technically possible ??
Any opinions ??

it is not possible to sort a forum in 2 different ways, best is, as Bengo said, to follow the name conventions.
this sorts the threads very nice and certain shows should be easy to find.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2005-11-24 12:11   [Quote] 
walk wrote:
best is, as Bengo said, to follow the name conventions.
this sorts the threads very nice and certain shows should be easy to find.

In that case, I would certainly appreciate if everyone who has seeded FZ shows on this tracker, could check the titles of their earlier seeds in the FZ shows section and re-name them according to the current naming conventions found here, if necessary. That would help each of us a lot finding them as BF and walk have suggested.

Maybe the admins/mods could do that also if they have the technical means to do so ... Thanks. Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-11-24 12:31   [Quote] 
Quote:
In that case, I would certainly appreciate if everyone who has seeded FZ shows on this tracker, could check the titles of their earlier seeds in the FZ shows section and re-name them according to the current naming conventions found here, if necessary.

A very good idea!

Quote:
Maybe the admins/mods could do that also if they have the technical means to do so ... Thanks.

I've done so on a lot of threads as they've been put up, and also on everything up to 1969, but it's time consuming... eventually it'll be done though.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2005-11-25 00:01   [Quote] 
bengofury wrote:
These are already on the tracker, so a reseed is completely unnecessary...

Before I seeded this I ran searches for Kansas and Cowtown. I found one show but not the other. The show that I found had no seeders just a lonely leecher trying to finish off.

In future I will search by year and try to avoid duplications.

BUT

1. There are almost 30 people downloading this - so it has obviously been useful for some people.

2. Nothing is stored on the tracker - just because something has been seeded previously it does not follow that it is still there. I would have had to have downloaded Mikael J's files to reactivate that particular seed.

3. We have had an extra couple of hundred new users since Mikael J seeded these shows back in September, so this show is new for them.

Now that my attention has been drawn to the seeds back in September, I can confirm that these files are exactly the same as those seeded a couple of months back by Mikael J except he renamed the files from Lestatkatt - I haven't.

In the meantime, this torrent will not be pulled, and my ratio is improving Wink

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jon-fin
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2005-12-02 19:51   [Quote] 
StatusBaby wrote:

In the meantime, this torrent will not be pulled, and my ratio is improving Wink

And that, StatusBaby, is what we all need!

I've gotten some great shows from Lestatkatt over the years and they usuallu end up sounding better than some of the confirmed gen master sources I've been sent.
Nice to see them all wrapped up in one torrent for the guys that weren't around last time!

j
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
mathemusician
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2005-12-02 23:22   [Quote] 
Thanks StatusBaby!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
zootknuckle
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2005-12-08 03:40   [Quote] 
These are two really good shows. Thanks a lot.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
8 0z Wings
Post 2006-01-10 03:07   [Quote] 
Is there any way we could get a reseed of these bad boys?

CrankyViola
usa.gif
Post 2006-01-10 23:54   [Quote] 
reseed requested for the new members of the site dying to hear the Petit Wazoo! Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: