Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1969 06 06 London ~ 106min AUD samples (walk)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 23 ]

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-06-29 16:05   [Quote] 
This show is already on the tracker, but the seed needs to be fixed because of incorrect track split and, most importantly, it does not run at the correct speed. It's a great show and one of the most important of The Mothers of Invention, so I'd like to present it according to Zappateers standards Wink

The show is marked as a B- on FZShows, but I would rate it slightly better. It's very hissy and muffled in places, but the loud sections sound quite clear. I think a B is more fair or, at least, a B/B- for the quieter parts. Considering this is a 1969 audience recording, I don't think it's bad at all. The taper was just overzealous in hiding the recorder.

Lineage is a bit patchy but it sounds ok to my ears, but there are some CDR glitches in one section. As mentioned, the speed is incorrect, but at least it seems to be linear. Suggested speed correction: -100 cts.

01 Intro
-sample, beginning of the tape, until the first few bars of "Uncle Meat", cuts 1:51, 2:27
02 Uncle Meat
03 Some Ballet Music
04 The Walking Zombie Music
05 Big Leg Emma
06 A Pound for A Brown
07 Sleeping In A Jar
-sample, cuts off, music missing
08 Interlude
-samples, cuts in, music missing, intermission
09 Intro (second part of the show)
-sample, cut 0:27
10 Intro to Music for Low Budget Orchestra
11 Hot Rats (title possibly given by FZ in the introduction, live version of the Chamber Music Pieces as heard on "The Weasel Music" plus other assorted material)
-sample, cuts in
12 Mozart Ballet
-sample, glitches
13 Louie Louie
14 Little House I Used To Live In
15 Transylvania Boogie
-sample, cuts off, music missing
16 The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue
-sample, cuts in, music missing
17 Charles Ives
18 Cruising For Burgers
19 Brown Shoes Don't Make It
-sample, end of the tape

Lineage: AUD > ? > traded CDR > EAC (secure mode) > wav Audition 1.5 (retracked only) > shntool > flac frontend (lvl 7) & CDR

According to FZShows (needs to be revised a little bit):

Quote:
1969 06 06 - Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
105 min, Aud, B-
intro, Uncle Meat, drum duet, Some Ballet Music, improvisation, Big Leg Emma, story of A Pound For A Brown, The String Quartet [incl. Sleazette, FM], improvisation, Interlude, Hot Rats (incl. Intro To Music For Low Budget Orchestra), Little House I Used To Live In (chamber music section, incl. Weasel Chamber Music), Mozart Ballet [parts on YCDTOSA5; incl. Mozart Piano Sonata In Bb, FM], improvisation [parts on The Walking Zombie Music, FM], Louie Louie, Little House I Used To Live In [parts on BWS], Transylvania Boogie, Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue, drum duet, Charles Ives, Cruising For Burgers, Brown Shoes Don't Make It [banter on Little House I Use To Live In, BWS]

According to the Catalogue:

Quote:
1969 06 06 London, UK
[...]
Aud Tape - Aud 100min B-
on the tracker : 1969 06 06 London England 106.39 Aud (walk) unknown gen - seeded 2005-09-27

frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2016-06-29 19:48   [Quote] 
I also have a T (T32) version in my collection. Hissy, but pretty clear. I'm afraid it's eq-ed though.
If you wanna hear it, just whistle

from info file:
Frank Zappa 1969-06-06 Royal Albert Hall London England (T-32)

This release is sourced from cassette tapes that I got in trade in the mid 70's. I got it from UG at ZARK (Zappa Archives). It's an audience recording.

Mics, Recorder and media unknown >
unknown >
Maxell XLII-S C-90 Cassettes >
Playback Deck: Tascam 130 >
Nikko 32 Band EQ >
Akai DR16 Digital Hard Disk Recorder 16 bit 44.1 Khz >
ADS Tech Instant Music RDX-150 input SPDIF
output USB to computer 16 bit 44.1 Khz >
Audacity > WAV > CD Wave Editor 16 bit 44.1 Khz > FLAC
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2016-06-29 19:51   [Quote] 
Still waiting for the Jon Naurin collection to arrive here but hasn't wanted to force anything since he's suffering badly from his sickness. But maybe there's a better copy luring there...
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2016-06-29 20:25   [Quote] 
frank2441 wrote:
If you wanna hear it, just whistle

Why not? Thanks Smile The glitching parts could use a patch.

BengoFury wrote:
Still waiting for the Jon Naurin collection to arrive here but hasn't wanted to force anything since he's suffering badly from his sickness. But maybe there's a better copy luring there...

I agree, let's not rush him. If this is easily fixable, we can always seed this first and then seed a better version when he gets around to send his tapes Wink

cheers

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-07-02 17:53   [Quote] 
So sorry to hear Jon is suffering. Such a terrible thing. I hope he gets to a state of comfort soon.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT

Jump to: