Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Scambot 2 available for pre-order  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner
robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-06-23 08:17   [Quote] 
Direct from Mike Keneally via the Keneallist...

Exclusive Scambot 2 pre-orders start now!
http://store.keneally.com/products/mike-keneally-scambot-2-special-limited-signed-edition-cd-plus-download
Kind folk! Hi! Hear ye!
The time has come, friends…we are now grinningly accepting pre-orders for the 2-CD special edition of Scambot 2.
Yes!
17 years in the making (I'm serious!), this signed, numbered limited edition of 2000 features two distinct albums for your ears.
Disc 1 is Scambot 2 proper, consisting of the following:
SCAMBOT 2
1. In The Trees (10:28)
2. Roots Twist (3:02)
3. Sam (3:20)
4. Clipper (4:36)
5. Forget About It (0:46)
6. Pretzels (4:25)
7. Buzz (4:32)
8. Race The Stars (3:44)
9. O (1:26)
10. Roll (6:23)
11. Constructed (3:46)
12. Freezer Burn (5:23)
13. Scores of People (5:22)
14. Cold Hands Gnat (4:00)
15. Proceed (3:19)
Disc 2 is a whole other freaking album, called Inkling (More From The Scambot 2 Sessions). It contains these things:
INKLING (More from the Scambot 2 Sessions)
1. Presence (0:48)
2. Scambot (2:17)
3. Boghe (4:01)
4. Sickness (2:01)
5. The Coma (2:11)
6. I Named You (0:45)
7. Falafel (1:29)
8. O Elastic Love! (1:23)
9. Cram (8:10)
10. Mystery Song (0:04)
11. E (0:37)
12. The Scorpions (5:32)
13. Skating Backwards (2:15)
14. Tom (7:01)
15. Mayday! (1:25)
16. Lovesong (1:27)
17. Back It Up (2:54)
18. Inkling (1:37)
19. Uncompressed Rag (2:04)

One hour and 53 minutes of music altogether.
Both albums are handsomely contained within a frequently blue package, with many absurd drawings and a lengthy story continuing the epic tale of Scambot and the other humans, animals and deities in his life. There's a 24-page booklet for Scambot 2, and an additional 8-page booklet for Inkling, both nestled within the attractive digipak.
Exowax will begin shipping the CDs in late July. But once your pre-order is processed, you will receive an advance download of Scambot 2 proper, to begin listening to at any moment you care to begin listening to it. No waiting for you, intrepid pre-orderer!
(For any non-physical-product people out there, Scambot 2 proper will also be available as a purchasable single-album download, with digital booklet, in late July. Inkling [More From The Scambot 2 Sessions] will not be available for download though – this album is exclusively available only as Disc 2 of the 2-CD edition.)
How to describe the music? Well, Scambot 1 was a dense, mostly instrumental and pretty darn abstract listen, so Scambot 2 may take you by surprise with its more melodic and accessible (for me, anyway) nature. I really wanted to write a bunch of songs, as opposed to compose a bunch of pieces, and that's what happened. From the multi-movement epic "In The Trees" to the rocking "Roots Twist" and "Roll" to the lilting "Sam" to the twangy "Constructed" to the proggity "Buzz" and "Clipper" to the… well I'll stop describing the songs, you'll hear them soon enough I hope.
Most of the more abstract instrumental music we worked on during this time has gone into Inkling, which really hangs together as an album in its own right, and also contains a few conventionally melodic songs alongside blazing madness and crazy space music and pseudo-ragtime and other things.
If I may so say, I am really freaking happy with both of these albums. Happy enough to italicize!
Scambot 2 has been a long time coming. We're grateful indeed for your patience, and we hope that you'll find your patience rewarded by this music.
And now, in the words of TV's Richard Deacon, sit back, relax, and pre-order Scambot 2 now!
Thank you - we very much dig you -
Mike

mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-06-23 09:52   [Quote] 
Pre ordered these the other day, am thoroughly enjoying the download of Scambot 2! Thanks Mike!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-06-23 12:05   [Quote] 
I´m in Exclamation
cooler
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StarThrower
usa.gif
Post 2016-08-26 18:04   [Quote] 
Got it! Another great album from Mr. Keneally!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
MonkeyDrummer
uk.gif
Post 2016-10-03 16:39   [Quote] 
arrived in the post today, nice one Mike wonderful music
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-10-12 07:44   [Quote] 
For me Mike Keneally's Scambot 2 is in my top 5 favorite Mike Keneally albums... solo and/or BFD and/or MKB and/or KMB and/or any other incarnation of bands that Mike plays with currently and/or has played with in the past. There are just too many Keneally projects to keep track of... Mike sure is one busy little bee... buzz-buzz!

Anyway, my absolute favorite song on the album from first listen through the 100th or more is the song
Race The Stars. It's an instant Keneally classic right up there with Potato, Live In Japan, cause of Breakfast, Blameless, I Can't Stop, Rosemary Girl, etc...

Here's an excerpt from Mike's Scambot 2 Diary about Race The Stars:

Quote:
Race the Stars

This is pop! Super pop. Pop as heck. (Well ’70s pop, anyway.)

The chord progression was written on Scott‘s piano. I captured chunks of the progression on my phone as I was writing them, and it originally went under the working title “Fogerty,” simply because I had been listening to a lot of Creedence in the car at that time, and not because I thought the song was especially Fogerty-y, musically. It was just a name that came to mind.

As I’ve said, working titles often have a way of sticking – and while in this case, the title “Fogerty” didn’t make it to the final draft, it did have a singular impact on the song. I started imagining, as I was working on the backing track: what kind of vocal melody would John Fogerty actually sing over this progression? I then wondered if Kris Myers from Umphrey’s McGee (who is a magnificent vocalist in addition to being a devastating drummer) might be able to provide some Fogerty timbre to the melody. I asked him to sing the song with me and he was way into it.

On the album, you’re hearing me and Kris singing the melody in octaves: me down below, and Kris bringing Fogerty zang to the upper octave. Then Bryan Beller and Joe Travers brought their effortless brilliance to the rhythm track.

The guitar solo section has a really challenging set of chords to play over, so I decided to write the solo out. It took a number of takes, attempted over several months on several guitars, but ultimately it was Jesse the good old green Clapton Strat that provided the right amount of twinkle and twang. It’s a finger twister and it was very satisfying to finally nail it. On the last part of the solo I thought it would sound good to bring back an earlier take of the solo (played on the koa Charvel) and have both guitars playing in unison – it kicks the arrangement into a higher gear right there.

Kris also joined me on the backing vocals to great effect, and it was his idea to do the overlapping “come on” harmonies at the end – a really nice touch. Thank you Kris!

Oh and the title was unquestionably inspired by a game called Race The Sun, which Sarah was playing with some regularity at the time I was writing the lyrics. I’ll grab inspiration from all possible sources.

Thanks Mike for all the great music. You are the BEST!!!

Buckalos
usa.gif
Post 2016-10-20 04:27   [Quote] 
1035/2000 Guitar Solo Baz

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: