Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Road Tapes III
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
joesmith
usa.gif
Post 2016-04-27 00:46   [Quote] 
I think this is a good sign that they are for sale on Amazon.com . It means more access of the product for people who are not the die hard fans but might see the good reviews and bite. The Roxy movie right now has a 143 ratings and it stands at a 4.9 out of 5 stars. I hope they keep this format of no artwork just the basic road tapes cover with location and track info and just keep pumping them out.

fish - thing
uk.gif
Post 2016-04-27 02:44   [Quote] 
Don't it ever get sad when you go out on the road?
Oh, there was one time in Minneapolis . . . when I thought I had the clap for sure

drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-04-27 03:11   [Quote] 
citizensmurf wrote:
I wonder if they intend to reissue all of the posthumous FZ releases?

And are all future releases going to be distributed by Universal rather than MusicToday?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Quesons Chicken
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-04-27 03:19   [Quote] 
Good. Musictoday is horrible. Hopefully Lumpy Money comes out at a more reasonable price point.

-FZ Nantes, France 0614, 1980
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2016-04-27 07:09   [Quote] 
HURRAH
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle Z
Busy Poster
ukraine.gif
Post 2016-04-27 14:23   [Quote] 

Ed Organmax
Busy Poster
Post 2016-04-27 15:12   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
Whether or not you think Flo & Eddie & Jeff are underrepresented, no performances by them of either Justine or any portion of the Orange County Lumber Truck medley are in circulation. (Except Jeff doing OCLT in 1974 without F&E, of course.)

The May 1970 did Oh No/Lumber truck portion. So that's basically FZ, Ian, Jeff and Aynsley from the subsequent group plus older MOI members later replaced by Mark, Howie and George. I agree though, I bet it's a real interesting show.

1) You get the origins of Nancy & Mary Music (feature as it does both King Kong and Pound for a Brown, a source for the guitar solo bit)
2) You'll possibly get to hear Chunga's Revenge with the Clap as it was done, more or less, with the Hot Rats group studio and live. There's only one CR performance from December '70 which I suspect only had a guitar solo and was more akin to the 80s Chunga's thus.
3) The OCLT medley performed by Mark and Howie, as implied before. Really curious, how is "Oh No" going to come off on the record.
4) All of these are in fact a refreshing alternative to what the Vaudeville MOI would be doing the month after: lots of groupie opera and related tunes. That aspect separates it from other F&E era releases.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-04-27 16:11   [Quote] 
*rubs hands* Yoohoo!!

Last edited by CheepnisAroma on 2016-04-27 16:49; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2016-04-27 16:22   [Quote] 
Ed Organmax wrote:
drdork wrote:
Whether or not you think Flo & Eddie & Jeff are underrepresented, no performances by them of either Justine or any portion of the Orange County Lumber Truck medley are in circulation. (Except Jeff doing OCLT in 1974 without F&E, of course.)

The May 1970 did Oh No/Lumber truck portion. So that's basically FZ, Ian, Jeff and Aynsley from the subsequent group plus older MOI members later replaced by Mark, Howie and George. I agree though, I bet it's a real interesting show.

1) You get the origins of Nancy & Mary Music (feature as it does both King Kong and Pound for a Brown, a source for the guitar solo bit)
2) You'll possibly get to hear Chunga's Revenge with the Clap as it was done, more or less, with the Hot Rats group studio and live. There's only one CR performance from December '70 which I suspect only had a guitar solo and was more akin to the 80s Chunga's thus.
3) The OCLT medley performed by Mark and Howie, as implied before. Really curious, how is "Oh No" going to come off on the record.
4) All of these are in fact a refreshing alternative to what the Vaudeville MOI would be doing the month after: lots of groupie opera and related tunes. That aspect separates it from other F&E era releases.
True 'dat!

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
emmapeelfanclub
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2016-04-27 17:11   [Quote] 
Very good news about Road Tapes 3 and a good choice since there isn't anything official from that era and the setlist is interesting by F+E standards since as Ed Organmax points out, a month after came all the groupie related stuff.

There was an interesting and encouraging moment from Ahmet in the recent Kickstarter webcast where he excitedly told us the project would lead to more releases, what we wanted and how we'd get it. So touch wood as Joe, Alex and the teams progress we might start getting more releases and possibly a download model to cater for the fact there's a LOT of gigs in that archive! Time will tell but I get the feeling Alex, Joe, Ahmet and Diva wish to move away from the rationed releases during Gail's time in charge of the ZFT.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-04-27 20:27   [Quote] 
A couple of pics from the shows at Tyrone Guthrie Theater:
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-04-27 20:28   [Quote] 
By Tom Berthiaume
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-04-28 10:33   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
Well, this is something I've always wanted to hear: "The Nancy and Mary Music" is great. Too bad "Giraffe" seems to have not been performed, unless it is "The 23rd Mondellos", but I strongly dobut it.

cheers

I didn't pick up on announcement that this was from the same shows that the Nancy and Mary Music was sourced from. Now I'm even more excited to hear it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2016-04-28 20:47   [Quote] 
Christ, remember the days when Mark was considered FAT?
Compared to the mountains of flesh shuffling along the streets today, he's just a step below Charles Atlas.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-04-28 23:01   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:

And Mark and Howard (but not Jeff) doing Justine with The Crossfires!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 16 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT

Jump to: