Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
AUDIO - 1980 05 24 Rotterdam - Mark Pinske Original Mix - 106.09 (br1tag)
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
DL-List
Complete: [ 6 ]

br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-10-05 21:20   [Quote] 
FRANK ZAPPA: Rotterdam 80 - Original Mix (double cd)

1980 05 24 Rotterdam NL 106.09 FM (Chunga's Revenge - br1tag)

Mark Pinske was a recording engineer for FZ from 1980 until 1987.
He recently contacted me to thank me for posting on You Tube this concert.
Mark wrote:
"This was a mix from my live recording console that I didn't know was posted.
For the record the Left and Right sides somehow got reversed.
Thanks to br1tag for posting it. Takes me back in time.
Mark Pinske"

The mix audio of my video on You Tube is the same as all the ones I've heard
so far (bootlegs, various files on the Web, Zappateers ...)
The assertion of Mark makes clear one thing:
the radio station reversed originally channels and so far we have heard this wonderful recording with inverted channels!
So I decided to restore the original sound to create a double CD for my personal use.
And I want to share with you this discovery!
I took the version "1980 05 24 Rotterdam NL 105.55 FM MC (Chunga's Revenge)" and I have reversed channels.
I also added the fades at the end of cd1, and at the start of cd2.

Each of you can do it, but if by chance somebody desires to find it ready, here it is.
The important thing is to have restored a piece of reality! 35 years later!!

1980 05 24 Sportpaleis Ahoy Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Lineage: FM MC source 1999 re-broadcast
FM (analogue/digital) > unknown soundcard > SoundForge 4.0 computer HD > SoundForge 4.0 tracking > CD-R > Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit > Soundforge 6.0 transferring & re-tracking> FlacFrontend level 8 with ASB flac.files > you
Recorded by: N
Transferred & edited by: Chunga's Revenge
Inverted channels by: br1tag

The covers are included in various formats (by: br1tag)

1980 05 24 Sportpaleis Ahoy Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Frank Zappa, Ike Willis, Ray White, Arthur Barrow, David Logeman, Tommy Mars.

cd1:
01 Audience 1:29
02 Chunga's Revenge 4:22
03 Keep It Greasey 3:06
04 Outside Now 6:53
05 City Of Tiny Lights 6:58
06 Teenage Wind 3:14
07 Bamboozled By Love 5:42
08 Pick Me I'm Clean 6:24
09 Society Pages 2:22
10 I'm A Beautiful Guy 1:56
11 Beauty Knows No Pain 3:14
12 Charlie's Enormous Mouth 3:49
13 Cosmik Debris 4:19
14 You Didn't Try To Call Me 3:43
15 I Ain't Got No Heart 2:13

cd2:
01 Love Of My Life 2:06
02 You Are What You Is 3:28
03 Easy Meat 8:29
04 Joe's Garage 2:24
05 Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? 2:32
06 Encore break #1 2:21
07 Dancin' Fool 3:52
08 Bobby Brown 2:59
09 Ms Pinky 4:17
10 Encore break #2 1:39
11 I Don't Wanna Get Drafted 2:40
12 The Illinois Enema Bandit 8:34
13 Audience 0:49

Total time 106.09 min

Thanks to Frank, to Mark, and to Chunga's.
br1tag
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-10-05 22:10   [Quote] 
Thanks for the information of your discovery.

IMO, just for the reversed channels this is a totally unnecessary seed in the Misc Section.

All you have to do is to make it clear and valid in the Samples & Fills Section first.
Then, a new corrected torrent in Zappa Shows would be first choice.

But the worst thing of all is, you have made the mistake to add fades on two tracks,
probably just to make it "look good on 2 CDs". But the tracks are playing continuous here.

This is bootleg mentality and a mess for the traders pool.

Please ban it!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
girlfromthebus
Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2015-10-05 22:15   [Quote] 
thanks!
great!
welcome!

belew-vibe
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-10-06 00:54   [Quote] 
thank you
 [Profile]  [PM] 
br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-10-06 03:50   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:

But the worst thing of all is, you have made the mistake to add fades on two tracks,
probably just to make it "look good on 2 CDs". But the tracks are playing continuous here.

This is bootleg mentality and a mess for the traders pool.

Please ban it!

I am amazed at what I'm reading!
On the market there are at least 10 bootlegs versions of Rotterdam 1980 concert, even without my "fades"!
All "Zappateers upload" are bread for traffickers.
What do we have to do? Erase everything?
The only right thing to do is leave the bootlegs on the shelves and not buy them.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2015-10-06 04:39   [Quote] 
Totally unnecessary indeed, just like putting lossy versions on Youtube...
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2015-10-06 08:09   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:

X2

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-10-06 08:50   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:

That is your opinion, on Zappateers it is ok, but out there there's a world of music fans have expectations different from yours.
My YouTube channel dedicated to FZ has received 2.500.000 visits, there are 5.500 members.
Thanks to my channel there are many fans who have started again to listen to his music.
There are fans who knew only the so-called "historic" Frank Cds and have begun to buy the latest CDs by ZFT.
There are fans who will never buy more bootlegs, but listening and downloading from YouTube.
People are diverse, and many do not attend the forum.
Some of them through my channel found Zappateers and thank me.
Others are content to listen lossy.

Guys! Zappateers is fantastic, but there is a world out there.
This forum has rules and it is right to respect them, but we should not have the haughtiness to decide the rules also out of here.

Each person is free to listen to what they want, Frank has left a cultural legacy, not only musical legacy.
Frank was bothered by the rules too tight.
Let us also to have an open mind!
But we have not learned anything from Frank ??

With sincere respect and sympathy,
br1tag
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2015-10-06 08:53   [Quote] 
br1tag wrote:

This forum has rules and it is right to respect them

Most, if not all, flac material on the tracker has "please do not convert to lossy" in the opening post and in the info.txt file that is included in the torrent.
So, correct me if I am wrong, but much of your youtube content has Zappateers work posted in lossy format.

Yes, there will always be people out there that will rip off and post stuff like this, and official stuff too, nothing we can do about that.
But seeing a Zappateer do it, and even worse, posting about it in the Zappateer forum, sends out totally the wrong message and can only encourage others to do it.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2015-10-06 09:28   [Quote] 
Unlike some others, who have been offended by what you do, I can see some merit in your compilations that follow the development of particular songs or extract solos from a number of different versions of the same piece. People seem to appreciate them and I don't see that they do any harm.

This, however, seems a completely pointless exercise - worse than that with its fades - and if, as you state in the preamble, it's only come about in response to you posting (lossy) versions of Zappateers torrents on YouTube, then I think you're treading on dangerous ground.

I think if you want to continue presenting your own efforts to the public you should go back to your 'solo' compilations - something which at least requires a bit of work on your part - and does sort of create something new. I can't download torrents, or I might have been tempted by some of your previous things but this move to whole shows seems wrong.

Something else slightly bothers me too. You often include a disclaimer that these things have been created for your own amusement and you're just sharing them in the hope that they might please other people too, but I'm worried by the scale of it and your apparent pleasure at this. 5,500 subscribers, 2,500,000 views? It looks like this is turning into something that is more than 'for your own amusement'. And it raises the question, do you make money from your YouTube channel? I'm aware of the phenomenon whereby a lot of people make good livings off YouTube, mostly by posting vlogs of themselves. I sincerely hope this isn't the case with you, and I don't see evidence of it when I look at your channel, but I don't understand the finer points of YouTubery and I'd be glad to hear from your own lips that no money changes hands.

All that aside, though, I think you should back off from posting whole shows.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-10-06 10:13   [Quote] 
@TPS:
Yes, I got the message.
But I never converted anything in lossy formats.
I load on You Tube in WAV format (no FLAC), then I do not know how it is saved.
Sometimes I loaded lossy on You Tube, but they were not from Zappateers, they were original mp3 (from my first download from old blog).
I repeat: I never converted anything in lossy formats!

@wildfisherman
Money from You Tube?
I never received a cent, I do not want money, I do not know how to do it ...
I'm not interested in money!
On the contrary! I sent flac files (via We Transfer) and in some cases I sent CDs copies FREE to home (WITH SHIPPING CHARGES IN MY) who asked me.
This happens because some fans are connected only with the smart phone and are not able to download nor from the forums nor from You Tube.
Accumulating money is not my purpose!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-10-06 11:15   [Quote] 
I wouldn't want this discussion to be sidetracked by suggestions of money issues or ''offhand'' comments about ewetoob. I'm completely confident that you have never made any money and do not want to make any money from your uploads.
However......
Four or five guys have raised points which I don't think have been addressed properly (I understand that English is not you first language and that may cause some misunderstandings but as far as I see you English is very good indeed and I have always understood what you say)
Zappateers is a community with a very definite and clearly stated policy, and because of that there has to be some sort of rules and people to 'enforce' them.... There is also the general 'philosophy' (or mentality) of members.... their 'approach' to the world of recording/trading/sharing if you like......
What you have done with this show resembles what bootleggers do - SURELY you were aware of that when you were editing in the fades?
What was wrong with Pittylabelle's suggestion of making these changes clear in the Samples & Fills section so that a new FZ Shows version can be prepared?
You speak a lot about there being a world outside zappateers (a bit patronising but I'll let it pass), but this torrent was uploaded to zappateers. These 'objections' only came about when you uploaded here at zappateers, I didn't hear any of this about your uploads elsewhere..... Why did you feel the need to upload this here? (especially as things are going so well over at uutoob). As TPS says; it sends out totally the wrong message.

Also, absolving yourself from the responsibility of creating lossy content on fewtube doesn't really wash... you're well aware of what utoob does when stuff is uploaded.

What has been created with zappateers is too valuable to be derailed by a difference of opinion between a member and the mods...... the member has to respect the mods opinion in a case like that.

This is not meant as any sort of attack on you or your efforts Br1tag, it's just me (one of the diverse people) sharing my opinion on what is going on. No offence intended. Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2015-10-06 11:34   [Quote] 
Br1taq wrote:
Money from You Tube?
I never received a cent, I do not want money, I do not know how to do it ...
I'm not interested in money!

That's good. In a way I'm sorry I raised it, but I guess it's better dealt with and out of the way. It is a phenomenon on YouTube and I'm glad there's no room now for any doubt on that score.

I still stand by my thoughts about whole shows, though, particularly as YouTube does downgrade the quality, even if you don't.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-10-06 13:15   [Quote] 
Ok, thank you all for your contributions to the discussion.
The polite discussion are always useful, even to clear his head.
I'm not going to challenge the decisions of the mod.
All they are doing is certainly well done.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2015-10-06 13:36   [Quote] 
The comment from Pinkse is interesting. I'm not sure whether it merits a new seed of the show, or just a note that people who want to honor his intentions should do a personal remaster or put their headphones on backwards.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT

Jump to: