Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1979 03 03 Stockholm ~91min ~105min AUD samples (arf, Galeans) samples  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 11 ]

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-08 13:21   [Quote] 
Here's some samples for another show left languishing on the Shoebox for too long. It is an ok sounding tape, which I would rate B+ with a B for the over modulated parts, certainly not the harsh B- listed on FZShows. Arf has seeded a version on the shoebox in 2012 which, in my opinion, sounds quite OK, but it's incomplete, missing the encores. I have this show, actually one of the first I ever obtained, from a lossy CDR source and it does include the encores and also a little bit of more material around some cuts in Arf's version, but other than being lossy, it sounds slightly worse. Samples from a BobM/DoctorZap version can be found here: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=25322 . I haven't heard them, though. Comments from DLHotch also mention a BengoFury lossy version with the encores.

Both versions of the shows I have do have the same cuts in "Wet T-Shirt Nite" and "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?" and both start exactly at the same point in "Treacherous Cretins". But there is a tape flip during the first chorus of "Easy Meat" which has been smoothed to sound almost unnoticeable on Arf's copy, and which is present in its original form on my CDR; also, Arf's copy has an additional cut at the end of the song that my CDR doesn't. Comments on Flambay's samples for the BobM/Doctorzap's copy seem to indicate that the additional cut is not on that copy either, and seem to have more material before "Treacherous Cretins". What about sound quality? Judging from the cuts I think it's the same audience source.

Any comment on speed values?

I'm seeding samples for each section that has cuts/flaws and from the beginning and the end of each tape. I'm including the full encores from my lossy CDR source.

01 Treacherous Cretins
-sample (arf), beginning of the tape, first minute of the song, very small flaw at 0:08
02 Dead Girls Of London
03 I Ain't Got No Heart
04 Brown Shoes Don't Make It
05 Cosmik Debris
06 Tryin' To Grow A Chin
07 City Of Tiny Lights
08 Dancin' Fool
09 Easy Meat
-sample#1 (arf), tape flip at 0:38 smoothed, one verse missing
-sample#1 (Galeans), tape flip at 0:36 not smoothed, a small bit of more material
-sample#2 (arf), end of the song, cut at 6:13 (0:16 in the sample), final verse missing and also a bit of the ending
-sample#2 (Galeans), no cuts, complete verse and ending
10 Jumbo Go Away
11 Andy
12 Inca Roads
13 Florentine Pogen
14 Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me?
15 Keep It Greasey
16 The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing
17 For The Young Sophisticate
18 Wet T-Shirt Nite
-sample (arf), tape flip, cuts off, half of the song is missing
19 Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
-sample (arf), tape flip, cuts in, only very beginning missing
20 Peaches En Regalia
-sample (arf), end of Arf's version
21 Montana
22 Dirty Love
-full encore sample (Galeans, 15:44), starts exactly where the Arf sample starts, contains quite a bit of crowd noise after the last song

Lineage (arf): aud > cassette (unknown gen.) > wav > flac
Lineage (Galeans): aud > ?? > CDR > wav (eac) > FLAC

According to FZShows:

Quote:
1979 03 03 - Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden
105 min, Aud, B-
Treacherous Cretins, Dead Girls Of London, I Ain't Got No Heart, Brown Shoes Don't Make It, Cosmik Debris, Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lights, Dancin' Fool, Easy Meat, Jumbo Go Away, Andy, Inca Roads, Florentine Pogen, Honey Don't You Want A Man Like Me?, Keep It Greasey, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, For The Young Sophisticate, Wet T-Shirt Nite, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Peaches En Regalia, Montana, Dirty Love

According to the Catalogue:

Quote:

1979 03 03 Stockholm, Sweden - Aud 105min B- Exclamation
in the shoebox : 1979 03 03 Stockholm 91.30 aud (arf) unknown gen, seeded 2008-06-27 (really 2012-10-24)

tolo bestard
spain.gif
Post 2015-08-08 16:23   [Quote] 
Very good
Thanks!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-08 20:45   [Quote] 
OK, I was just able to get the BobM/Doctorzap samples (thanks brill0011 for seeding), and Flambay is right as usual: it's definitely a different source. I think the one sampled here (Arf,Galeans) sounds a lot better, though. Unfortunately, BobM's source has the tapeflips almost in the same spots as in the Arf/Galeans one. "Easy Meat" on the BobM copy has part of the verse that is enterely missing on the Arf copy, but "Wet T-Shirt Nite" cuts off even earlier.

The BobM/Doctorzap source is probably the one Jon Naurin was talking about when he rated this show as a B-, but its sound quality can be improved by putting the left channel into mono (it'll turn into a decent B, I think).

So, in short, these are two different sources, with the Arf one sounding a lot better and the other providing a short fill. I guess both should be presented, but the one sampled in this very thread is the better sounding (and more complete).

cheers

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-09 18:21   [Quote] 
One of the few "never seen" shows in the catalog (prior to the shoebox anyway). Thanks for bringing this one back to our attention.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-08-09 19:05   [Quote] 
Overnitefreak wrote:
One of the few "never seen" shows in the catalog (prior to the shoebox anyway). Thanks for bringing this one back to our attention.

Yes, Galeans has done a great job reviving some 'long-shoeboxed' shows.. This one, Liverpool, Avery Fisher, Waterloo.... next he'll be doing the '76 Adelaide show.... Won't you..! Wink Very Happy

FOB. Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2015-08-09 20:14   [Quote] 
Your lossy source sounds very much the same as the Bengo tape rip DLHotch mentioned.
I just compared the two. Maybe Bengofury can provide a lossless version? Just wondering.

Thanks for all the hard work "never seen" section in the catalog.

edit: same ending with the Swedish babbling and the fade
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2015-08-11 15:39   [Quote] 
frank2441 wrote:
Your lossy source sounds very much the same as the Bengo tape rip DLHotch mentioned.
I just compared the two. Maybe Bengofury can provide a lossless version? Just wondering.

If it was a tape rip from me I should of course be able to rip it again. I'm currently on Fire Island NY but will be back home on Saturday, you may have to remind me then. Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
James66175
Power Poster
Location: in my smelly little secret black light bedroom on Long Island
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-11 15:49   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:
frank2441 wrote:

If it was a tape rip from me I should of course be able to rip it again. I'm currently on Fire Island NY but will be back home on Saturday, you may have to remind me then. Wink

Off topic: Welcome to Long Island Bengo. cheers

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter helped announce the long-awaited third installment of the 'Bill and Ted' adventure, 'Bill and Ted Face the Music.' Shouldn't one of these guys be working on another music movie that's been in production since May 15, 2016
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2015-08-11 15:59   [Quote] 
James66175 wrote:
Off topic: Welcome to Long Island Bengo. cheers

Thank you, we love it here!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2015-08-16 09:42   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:

Thanks, Bengo! Wink

cheers

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT

Jump to: