Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1971 12 10 London UK 71.30 AUD (walk-flambay)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-09 15:05   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
In that same YCDTOSA 3 note FZ says he played "a stock Fender Telecaster with chubby strings" at this show.

Here it is:

[Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-09 15:31   [Quote] 
Al Fresco wrote:

Here it is:

Thanks (is the photo from London or did he have the Telecaster before the fire?).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-09 16:01   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Al Fresco wrote:

Here it is:

Thanks (is the photo from London or did he have the Telecaster before the fire?).

Yes, it┤s a photo from London & he hadn┤t this Telecaster before.

I think it was a Gibson E 355 which was burnt in Montreux and they had to rent new equipment
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-08-09 16:06   [Quote] 
Sounds like Frank did a lot of shopping for guitars between Montreux and London..

The manager of Macari's guitar shop in Denmark St London told me FZ came in and bought ''a few'' guitars from him..... although he wasn't sure it if it was the 60's or 70's... or even 80's!!

FOB. Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-09 16:48   [Quote] 
Al Fresco wrote:
Yes, it┤s a photo from London

Are you sure? I don't hear concertina on Sofa (here or on YCDTOSA 1).

I can't imagine it would have been high priority for replacement after the fire.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-09 17:54   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
Al Fresco wrote:
Yes, it┤s a photo from London

Are you sure? I don't hear concertina on Sofa (here or on YCDTOSA 1).

I can't imagine it would have been high priority for replacement after the fire.

Yes, I am.

Find here this photo by Robert Corwin who dated this pic in London ┤71: http://www.robertcorwin.com/rock3.html

In fact, there is a good set from this gig: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=19657&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

And this other from the right side of the stage where we may see that all wear the same clothes.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-08-09 22:45   [Quote] 
Jim Pons appears to be wearing a different (darker-colored) shirt in the Corwin photo.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-10 00:11   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
Jim Pons appears to be wearing a different (darker-colored) shirt in the Corwin photo.

He may have had a spotlight on him in the other photo as his hair also looks lighter.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Soracha
sweden.gif
Post 2015-08-10 12:10   [Quote] 
thx!

wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2015-08-10 17:21   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
FZ wrote in the liner notes of YCDTOSA 3 that after the King Kong solo he was pushed "a few moments later," but in all other accounts that I know the "few moments" include the band finishing KK and playing one encore I Want To Hold Your Hand.

I can confirm that as I was in the 3rd row... we were gobsmacked that The Mothers had played i Wanna Hold Your Hand and my memory is that the band walked off and that Frank was bending over his effects and putting his guitar down when the guy who pushed him ran across the stage from left to right pushing Frank then jumping into the auditorium where he was grabbed and knocked down.... The gig was fantastic apart from laughing at the comedy interludes the instrumental rocking combo passages were so exciting...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
velvetgrass
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-10 17:32   [Quote] 
wingedeelfingerling wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
FZ wrote in the liner notes of YCDTOSA 3 that after the King Kong solo he was pushed "a few moments later," but in all other accounts that I know the "few moments" include the band finishing KK and playing one encore I Want To Hold Your Hand.

I can confirm that as I was in the 3rd row... we were gobsmacked that The Mothers had played i Wanna Hold Your Hand and my memory is that the band walked off and that Frank was bending over his effects and putting his guitar down when the guy who pushed him ran across the stage from left to right pushing Frank then jumping into the auditorium where he was grabbed and knocked down.... The gig was fantastic apart from laughing at the comedy interludes the instrumental rocking combo passages were so exciting...

Thanks for sharing! Awesome to finally have confirmation about the end of this show from somebody who was actually there.

uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2015-08-10 17:51   [Quote] 
wingedeelfingerling wrote:
pbuzby wrote:

Fascinating story !!! Thanks for sharing.
We've often heard about this asshole wishing to hurt Frank because he thought he was flirting with his girlfriend.
I wonder: was "I Want To Hold Your Hand" a contributing factor, being a sort of declaration of love in his f***ing stupid mind ?
Who knows ....

father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-08-11 08:45   [Quote] 
Didn't Herb Cohen give the bloke a one-to-one rendition of ''I Wanna Hold Your Neck!''.....?

FOB. Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zootfranšois
Busy Poster
france.gif
Post 2015-08-14 14:45   [Quote] 
Thank you!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BognarRegis
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-08-22 21:31   [Quote] 
Many thanks to Walk, flambay, and RobSam for this. cheers
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM]  [Yahoo] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: