Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
AUDIO - 11 compilations of guitar solos, song by song - 18 cd (br1tag)
Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next  
DL-List
Complete: [ 123 ]

br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-07-11 10:53   [Quote] 
11 compilations of guitar solos, song by song - 18 cd (br1tag)

These are 11 compilations of guitar solos, song by song.

I made these comps. for my personal pleasure. I like to listen to them and owning them.

(Although I have received some criticism) I decided to post other compilations because someone asked me.
Probably someone (besides me) like to listen to the solos of a single song and it is pleased to find
the compilations ready.
This compilations contain nothing new, but only fragments of songs already posted on Zappateers.

The options are:
1- if this does not interest you, do not click on download
2- if you are interested in a single compilation, you can download a single compilation
3- If you are interested in everything, you can download everything
4- If you are interested in everything, but you have little space in the hard disk, you can download 1 compilation,
burn the cd and then delete the file. Then you can download another compilation, and so on ...
You may do as you like.

I repeat: everyone is free to listen to what he likes. If you do not like compilations, you can skip this post.
I think the criticism is unnecessary. And so all we are very happy.

If the admin believe that this upload is against the rules of the forum, he may delete the post. And I will agree with him.
I hope I explained (in my poor English with some help from the automatic translator).

Thank You.

Here are the compilations:

- 20 Black Napkins Guitar Solos (1975-1988) - 20 live guitar solos compilation - 125.04 (2cd)
- A Pound Of Guitar Solos (1968-1988) - 44 live guitar solos compilation - 198.14 (3cd)
- If Only She Woulda 10 Guitar Solos (1980-1981) - 10 live guitar solos compilation - 50.06 (1cd)
- The Advance Romance Guitar Solos (1975-1988) - 18 live guitar solos compilation - 75.56 (1cd)
- The Bandit Guitar Solos (1977-1984) - 16 live guitar solos compilation - 62.55 (1cd)
- The Chunga's Guitar Solos (1972-1984) - 28 live guitar solos compilation - 128.12 (2cd)
- The City Of Tiny Guitar Solos (1977-1988) - 54 live guitar solos compilation - 198.24 (3cd)
- The Easy Meat Guitar Solos (1970-1984) - 33 live guitar solos compilation - 145.51 (2cd)
- The Outside Now Guitar Solos (1979-1988) - 14 live guitar solos compilation - 65.20 (1cd)
- The Pick Me I'm Clean Guitar Solos (1980) - 15 live guitar solos compilation - 57.35 (1cd)
plus
- The Guitar Of Yo Mama (1978-1981) - 14 live guitar solos (in pseudo guitar concerto form) - 61.30 (1cd)

Sometime the guitar solos are in chronological order, sometime not.
I left the solos as long as possible,
I cut them where it was more suitable to have good "segues".

The covers are included.

published material: NO
noise reduction: NO
removing clics: YES
adjustment levels: YES
re-equalization: YES
re-balancing stereo image: YES to uniform the guitar solos
cut and paste: YES, sometime
effects: YES, sometime, some snippets at the cd end
programs used: Nero 11 - Audacity - Foobar 2000 - Xrecode

Happy listening!

br1tag

Last edited by br1tag on 2015-08-14 09:00; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Djangodi
Poster
belgium.gif
Post 2015-07-11 12:21   [Quote] 
br1tag

This is great,
Love it
Always waiting for your next one

Like you said: "If you don't like it, just don't take it and be happy"
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DLHotch
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2015-07-11 14:31   [Quote] 
I wasn't going to comment but since the glove has already been thrown down and such a response has been anticipated...I'd love to be so vacuous as to resign myself to the illusion that "if I don't like it I, just don't take it and be happy" is ok. After all, only a fool fights city hall. Just shut up and play my guitar, right?

In this era of huge collections of complete concert recordings and the ability to make playlists it is abusive to the material already available to make these types of compilations, so there is a reason to complain about them, but keep telling yourself that it's ok because people like them and need to have them just like those wonderful Greatest Hits albums of the 70's that made sitting through all the boring stuff unnecessary. After all it's 2015, context is overrated and doesn't matter anymore. Is it really the goal of Zappateers to provide consumer-oriented products like this?

No, it's not personal but yes, it matters.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
poldino
Busy Poster
uk.gif
Post 2015-07-11 14:53   [Quote] 
br1tag wrote:

These are 11 compilations of guitar solos, song by song.

Thanks for that; this is great!

DLHotch wrote:
I wasn't going to comment but since the glove has already been thrown down and such a response has been anticipated...I'd love to be so vacuous as to resign myself to the illusion that "if I don't like it I, just don't take it and be happy" is ok. After all, only a fool fights city hall. Just shut up and play my guitar, right?

In this era of huge collections of complete concert recordings and the ability to make playlists it is abusive to the material already available to make these types of compilations, so there is a reason to complain about them, but keep telling yourself that it's ok because people like them and need to have them just like those wonderful Greatest Hits albums of the 70's that made sitting through all the boring stuff unnecessary. After all it's 2015, context is overrated and doesn't matter anymore. Is it really the goal of Zappateers to provide consumer-oriented products like this?

No, it's not personal but yes, it matters.

But what about people who don't have, or want, every single concert but want to listen to guitar solos? Isn't that ok? I never want to listen to about half of the material again; thanks, but I'm not interested in Jones Crusher, tryin' to grow a chin, dancing fool etc, but I think the Drowning Witch comp was the best "zappateers related" (according to my hard drive) "product" I've ever downloaded. How is making these solos available to the people who want to listen to it (are we wrong to want to?) "abusive to the material"? What does that even mean? It's not a meaningful statement; nothing happens to your copy of the material; the material itself feels no pain, loses no value etc. It's a copy of what we're all treating as uncopyrighted material which belongs to no-one and everyone for whatever purposes they desire to put them too.

I'm curious to know what you believe the negative end result of this sort of thing is. Fewer people visit this site? Contribute? Legal action? I'm not getting any downside here. It's not even like "colorizing" old movies because at least there you could argue that people might develop a taste for everything being in colour and purists will find it harder to obtain and watch - thanks to market forces - the original movies as they were intended (not that the creators had any choice other than to make them in black and white), because only us hard-core fans even know zappateers exists, let alone these "extremists-only" guitar comps. What if the YCDTOSA series hadn't been released by Zappa and instead was constructed by br1tag from zappateers-available material? Would that have "abused the material" too?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ivester
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2015-07-11 15:15   [Quote] 
I've enjoyed all of these collections. I don't have the time to listen to complete concerts very often, and this is a great solution for FZ guitar fans. As long as the Zappa family doesn't object, I don't see any problem with the idea at all.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
eggplant3
Location: Lower eastern shore land of the free range chicken from Perdue farms.
usa.gif
Post 2015-07-11 15:27   [Quote] 
Hello, this is eggplant3. Where are the "Inca Roads'?!" I got's ta' know! On another thought I can't believe that Vinnie is still playing with Mr. Sting. eggplant3 out.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-07-11 16:18   [Quote] 
I love to read comments, positive or negative. They are always good. I will try to explain my thought, although my poor English does not help me in "philosophical" discourses.

- I do not think my compilations are "consumer-oriented". I think nobody would buy an 50 guitar solos album of a single song.
I believe this is for those who want to listen in depth, make comparisons, listen developments and simultaneously enjoy the music of FZ.
I believe that we can not compare my compilations to a commercial Greatest Hits.
I am convinced that those who appreciate my comp is a "hard-core Zappa-maniac", not a casual listener (consumer oriented).

- Zappateers (his goal) is not intended to divulge compilations, but a small space it can allocate for them.

- Why I started to create compilations?
Because I had heard good music in UMRK rehearsals , but they were not at all listenable because they were drowned in a sea of ​​dead time, false starts and dialogues (to me incomprehensible).
Then I began to extrapolate, cut, select and create comps interesting and enjoyable (definitely not consumer oriented).
I tried to have gathered UMRK rehearsals many interesting moments, which otherwise were lost, unlistenable for me.

- The same I did with the guitar solos. I tried to have gathered solos in succession to see developments and make comparisons year after year.
without having to listen to all the songs all the same (there is no need to listen to all the time "Dancing Fool" or "Penguin" in the entire concerts. I love to listen to these songs, but not every day).
Then I created the "segues" between tracks for a pleasant listening. A serious listening can also be pleasant. O no?
In this there is nothing "consumer-oriented".

- - - Important: I burn the CD by all the concerts and rehearsals, with covers, and I add them to my collection (you can see it in my You Tube channel).
The compilations also, I burn the CDs (cover including)!
The compilations NOT REPLACE the concerts, the concerts remain.
I have all the CDs with concerts and all the CDs with compilations. I'm from the "old school", I like to have the CDS, not just files.
In this way I listen to what I want, when I want it. Is there something wrong? I am less Zappamaniac just because I listen to the solos in succession?
Or maybe I'm not a purist?
Where is the problem?

-I took a lot of great music from Zappateers and I'm very grateful . Now I try to share my works.
... for those who want.

Last edited by br1tag on 2015-07-12 07:24; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2015-07-11 16:34   [Quote] 
In response to eggplant3......

Inca Roads is inspired by the Nazca Lines as spoken about by Frank on the Roxy By Proxy album, amongst other places. If you check the lyrics for that show, it's the first, intro, track called Carved In The Rock
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2015-07-11 17:41   [Quote] 
wildfisherman wrote:
In response to eggplant3......

Inca Roads is inspired by the Nazca Lines as spoken about by Frank on the Roxy By Proxy album, amongst other places. If you check the lyrics for that show, it's the first, intro, track called Carved In The Rock

Err..... I think he meant why aren't the Inca Roads solos in this comp...... Roger over and out.

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2015-07-11 18:00   [Quote] 
Oops!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
br1tag
Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-07-11 18:51   [Quote] 
Inca Roads guitar solos are in this compilation: http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=29548
 [Profile]  [PM] 
QUADNUTS
ireland.gif
Post 2015-07-11 19:04   [Quote] 
I like 'em. In a way didn't Frank do the same thing with SUAPYG, Guitar and later Transfusion?

manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2015-07-12 10:42   [Quote] 
wow
 [Profile]  [PM] 
tolo bestard
spain.gif
Post 2015-07-12 18:05   [Quote] 
Thanks for sharing your compilations,I was waiting for the Yo Mama solos.

Grazie/Gracias.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Matango
usa.gif
Post 2015-07-13 05:38   [Quote] 
All of the monsters are there in a row. Thank you for your labor of love on these.

Beggars shouldn't be choosers, but the one final one I would love to see--and yes, I could do it for myself if I could conquer the inertia--would be the "Any Downers?" solos. Not asking. Just a statement. I ought to put down this imaginary beer, get off the couch and do it.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 3 Goto page:  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT

Jump to: