Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Zappa Plays Zappa in Vegas  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
boguspomp
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-04-27 02:04   [Quote] 
Anybody was there and filmed the show?

I recorded up until Sheilas Sax solo 2 minutes in. Then the SD card was full. Too bad that they started 20 minutes late. I had to erase the first 27 minutes with nothing on it but pre-show music.I would love to have the whole Grand Wazoo. Sheilas Solo started off slow and rather so and so and then turned into a bliss of Sax madness.

Please message me if you have some.

P.S. Show was excellent, Rachel Flowers was incredible, but the sound left at lot to be desired. Why did the vocals sound like they came from around the corner? Did it sound like this in other venues too? The bass was great sounding, as were the drums. Mic for trumpet seemed to have been off as you didn't hear any trumpet, trombone was also very low in the mix. Keys were good. Some of Sheilas keys were way too loud. All in all rather disappointing.
The playing was outstanding. And I have to say One Size Fits All is a super cool album to hear live.
Cheers
 [Profile]  [PM] 
boguspomp
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2015-04-27 15:25   [Quote] 
I was located in the sweet spot btw before one wonders.
I just watched a video on YT from someone located right in front of the stage and he had great vocals. Really strange. Usually the vocals come out of the PA and when you are right in front of the stage you don't hear them well - see ZPZ in Munich 2007 "Dweezils Pole Position". Whoever is doing their live sound is not that great.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

Jump to: