Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1978 09 05 Malmoe SE xx.xx AUD (markanini) - NO NR!  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 73 ]

markanini
sweden.gif
Post 2014-05-03 21:03   [Quote] 
1978-09-05 Folkets Park, Malmoe, Sweden - NO NR!

Compared to the current seed http://zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2349 mine comes from the same source but has no NR applied. My source is a CDR borrowed from an acquaintance 7-8 years ago, ripped with EAC and converted to flac.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DLHotch
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-03 21:34   [Quote] 
ok, I'll give this a try - thanks!

JWB at the yojimbo version thread wrote:
It's a shame that the taper NR'd the shit out of this recording. He did an especially bad job...it sounds like a bad MP3. It's a pity since the recording itself is so good. You would think that an experienced taper would know better.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but if it's from a CD copy and the original taper was responsible for the noise reduction how do you know that this one isn't NR'ed as well? I'm accepting that it is what it claims to be, just curious.

Last edited by DLHotch on 2014-05-03 21:47; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Al Fresco
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-03 21:36   [Quote] 
Fine. Many thanks. Exclamation
 [Profile]  [PM] 
markanini
sweden.gif
Post 2014-05-03 22:03   [Quote] 
DLHotch wrote:

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but if it's from a CD copy and the original taper was responsible for the noise reduction how do you know that this one isn't NR'ed as well? I'm accepting that it is what it claims to be, just curious.

I'm just going by what I hear, if you compare to the current seed I'm sure you'll agree.

Maybe the original taper loaned the tape out or traded a transfer prior in a rawer state. Being concerned about someone making money off his tape he "cleaned it up" and shared it here, thinking he was doing the right thing. That's just my speculation, though.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-03 23:31   [Quote] 
Thanks! We'll take a good look at it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-03 23:59   [Quote] 
This is a totally different recording to the Yojimbo. It's more distant and echoey, and the crowd noise is different. Definitely not a non-NR version of the Yojimbo. However, it is a new, unique source, so it will go on the tracker regardless.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
markanini
sweden.gif
Post 2014-05-04 00:22   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:
This is a totally different recording to the Yojimbo. It's more distant and echoey, and the crowd noise is different. Definitely not a non-NR version of the Yojimbo. However, it is a new, unique source, so it will go on the tracker regardless.

I thought I recognized some matching crowd noises on both version, but after listening again, you are right!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-05-04 00:35   [Quote] 
The key is to listen to the people very close to the taper. Certain little interjections or comments they make, even a cough, can be identifying markers of a particular recording.

I think this recording would blend nicely with the other one, if someone was to do a matrix. It would add some much-needed air to the other, closer recording.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
incarhodes
usa.gif
Post 2014-05-04 03:37   [Quote] 
Thank you all!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2014-05-04 06:03   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2014-05-04 07:18   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:

This is the same source as the Bengofury version
I guess this source was used by Jon to patch Pound.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT

Jump to: