Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1984 FZ at Discoring- Italian TV interview 3 min mpeg (marcomat)  
DL-List
Complete: [ 106 ]

marcomat
Contributor
italy.gif
Contributor
Post 2005-10-30 10:55   [Quote] 
1984 RAI - "Discoring" - VIDEO MPEG - 3-minutes interview by Sandro Paternostro
DUBBED IN ITALIAN

Tot. Dur. 4'42" ("From Wham! to Z!")
Vhs 1st gen > mini DV (JVC GR-D50E) > Pinnacle Studio 9 > MPEG 480x576

Here's something for the hardcore maniac.
The first 50 seconds are essential for plunging in the very "Stimmung" of the 80s and also to have some kind of anthropological understanding of the context in which unaware Italian people could be exposed to the universe of FZ.

For those that do not want to waste their bandwith with such trivia, here's an approximate translation of this little interview. In square brackets are the parts which I couldn't "read-the-lips" of what FZ says nor trusted the verbose voice-over translation.

Conceptual Continuity Clues: Sandro Paternostro, Sicilian, late RAI correspondent in London, married a girl much younger & sexier than him. One time, on an airplane, one of her silicone boobs exploded.

Hope you enjoy it!

SANDRO PATERNOSTRO: Frank Zappa, I'm sure your relatives in Partinico are all in front of their TV-sets to follow your exploits and also this interview. You parents emigrated from Partinico in America and you were born in the US. Recently you've been in Partinico. What were your impressions?

FZ: When I got there I saw... We drove all over around the town and I saw some parts of it that were very very poor. [I didn't have the way to ask where my relatives were. After about 20 minutes of driving around we stopped near the church, in front of a bar. The village seemed rather old-fashioned, some streets weren't even asphalted. Then suddenly we heard a loud noise coming from inside the bar: videogames. Then we walked a little and we saw a punk-store. When we returned in Palermo, we've been told some particular stories about Partinico, and so I realized that those loud videogames actually were to cover some other kind of noises].

SP: I see you never give up your peculiar sense of irony. But let's talk briefly about your work. Do you consider yourself a perfector, an inventor, a re-inventor or merely a desecrator of rock music?

FZ: I think I have invented the form of desecration, [I'm not sure this invention is worth to be shared with others.] Rock is something that needs to be made fun of from time to time. It takes itself too seriously.

SP: What are your plans for the future?

FZ: As far as the new album is concerned, it's a double album, which is unusual these days, because the logic would tell us that, because the economy is so bad, no-one should make a double album in 1984. However I made a double album, and the next one will be a triple album and then two other single albums. Logic would tell us this is very wrong to do. But [...] tells me that the people who like what I do want as much of it as they can get - as soon as possible. And I'm happy to provide that.

SP: So, we can but wait until your next triple, quadruple, quintuple, sextuple album will be released. And so on. Grazie, "Frunk" Zappa...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-10-30 11:04   [Quote] 
Quote:
Here's something for the hardcore maniac.

Mille Grazie Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
amnesiavivace
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2005-10-30 11:50   [Quote] 
Zappa & Paternostro!
Grande!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2005-11-01 06:41   [Quote] 
Thanks but I can't seem to get this bad boy to play via Quicktime on my Ma...haven't tried burning it to disc yet...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2006-08-15 15:00   [Quote] 
Would anyone be able to help seed this? It is short. Thanks to marcomat for sharing with us.

Kind regards,
Overnitefreak
 [Profile]  [PM] 
fadel
Busy Poster
morocco.gif
Post 2006-09-14 01:28   [Quote] 
Gracia macromat cooler
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2009-02-26 23:36   [Quote] 
Anybody seeding this clip? Thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Kristoftof
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-02-27 01:23   [Quote] 
Thanks Paolo, i have miss this one !!!!

(surely some seeders soon, zappateers are the best !!!!!!! Smile )
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2009-02-27 13:16   [Quote] 
... and thanks for the seed!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2014-03-14 14:10   [Quote] 
Grazie Marco
INCREDIBILE !!!!!!
Massimo

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: