Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1988 04 24 Bremen DE [LOSSY] (StrokeTheBoots)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 62 ]
 
 
Author Message
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Joined: 2011-06-15
Posts: 1083
Location: Bremen, Germany
Post 2014-03-11 22:57   [Quote] 
1988 04 24
Bremen, Germany
[LOSSY]


Taper: Anonymous

Lineage: Unknown

The taper and I used to get along. I asked him for the tapes to transfer them myself. Instead he did it, but unfortunately in mp3 (192 kb). After a while we didn't get along and I never managed to get a lossless copy of his recording. So this is what we've got. Maybe a nice addition to the known sources.

StrokeTheBoots,
March 2014

_________________
"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes." Kurt Cobain
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
Joined: 2010-04-12
Posts: 1901
Location: Munchkin Land
EU.gif
Post 2014-03-11 23:31   [Quote] 
haha you rock dude.

_________________
If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
DLHotch
Contributor
Joined: 2005-06-15
Posts: 1714
Location: The Dangerous Kitchen in Ohio
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-11 23:39   [Quote] 
How does the lossy source compare to this version?

WUI2B in his show notes wrote:
24-Apr 1988, Stadthalle, Bremen, Germany
122 min, Aud, B+
The Black Page #2, Advance Romance, Any Kind Of Pain, Find Her Finer, Who Needs The Peace Corps?, Stick Together, My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama, Willie The Pimp, Montana, City Of Tiny Lights, Pound For A Brown, The Dessicated Number, Cosmik Debris, Cruising For Burgers, Keep It Greasey, Sofa, Bolero, Crew Slut, Joe's Garage, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Peaches En Regalia, Stairway To Heaven

This copy 119.05 min. B+

Lineage:
AUD>unknown mics>cassette>1st gen cassette>Nakamichi DR-10>Terratec DMX6 Fire 24/96 soundcard>Adobe Audition 3.0.1>WAV>Flac Frontend encoding level 8>FLAC

Tape recorded by 'M'
1st gen cassette obtained by 'StrokeTheBoots'
transfered by WIU2B 2012-01-15
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Joined: 2011-06-15
Posts: 1083
Location: Bremen, Germany
Post 2014-03-11 23:40   [Quote] 
All I can say is that the tapers are not the same guy Wink

DLHotch wrote:
How does the lossy source compare to this version?

WUI2B in his show notes wrote:
24-Apr 1988, Stadthalle, Bremen, Germany
122 min, Aud, B+
The Black Page #2, Advance Romance, Any Kind Of Pain, Find Her Finer, Who Needs The Peace Corps?, Stick Together, My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama, Willie The Pimp, Montana, City Of Tiny Lights, Pound For A Brown, The Dessicated Number, Cosmik Debris, Cruising For Burgers, Keep It Greasey, Sofa, Bolero, Crew Slut, Joe's Garage, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Peaches En Regalia, Stairway To Heaven

This copy 119.05 min. B+

Lineage:
AUD>unknown mics>cassette>1st gen cassette>Nakamichi DR-10>Terratec DMX6 Fire 24/96 soundcard>Adobe Audition 3.0.1>WAV>Flac Frontend encoding level 8>FLAC

Tape recorded by 'M'
1st gen cassette obtained by 'StrokeTheBoots'
transfered by WIU2B 2012-01-15

_________________
"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes." Kurt Cobain
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DLHotch
Contributor
Joined: 2005-06-15
Posts: 1714
Location: The Dangerous Kitchen in Ohio
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-12 00:33   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
All I can say is that the tapers are not the same guy Wink

I figured that was the story. At 182MB it's surely worth a shot, thanks!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
boguspomp
Busy Poster
Joined: 2004-11-30
Posts: 723
Location: Somewhere in Italy
italy.gif
Post 2014-03-13 16:52   [Quote] 
Sounds great,

Too bad its only lossy. Thx for another rare version.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Joined: 2011-06-15
Posts: 1083
Location: Bremen, Germany
Post 2014-03-13 20:43   [Quote] 
boguspomp wrote:
Sounds great,

Too bad its only lossy. Thx for another rare version.


Glad you like it. If I meet him coincidentally I'll let him know to get it done Wink

_________________
"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes." Kurt Cobain
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5226
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-15 18:10   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
If I meet him coincidentally I'll let him know to get it done Wink


Yes, that would be great.
Anyway, thanks for the MP3s.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Mighty Little Uke
Joined: 2012-10-25
Posts: 25
Location: Germany, Osterholz-Scharmbeck
germany.gif
Post 2014-10-13 15:13   [Quote] 
Hi,
StrokeTheBoots

this was my first (and last Sad ) Zappa concert!
Thanks so very much!

I don't think the sound is bad...thank god it was so crowded, Bremen Stadthalle always had a devastating sound. The more I appreciate this recording!

Schöne Grüße Smile
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Kristoftof
Contributor
Joined: 2005-06-24
Posts: 3148
Location: Near the garden
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-02-02 08:51   [Quote] 
could someone reopen this please ??? (my copy crashed ...)
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 1 of 1
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar