Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1970 11 06 San Francisco CA 63.39 SBD (GregZ-Pittylabelle) LOSSY -> Upgrade ZTLS #608 pt2
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows
Author Message
yetanother
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-10-12
Posts: 6586
Location: Sampa Hell
brazil.gif
Post 2013-12-28 15:49   [Quote] 
Thanks! But, again... can I have the original MP3s? For this and the other show? Please?

By the way, for those who might not know, it is not necessary to convert to WAV in order to remove gaps from MP3 files - MP3DirectCut does it without any reencoding.

_________________
nitramz.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5594
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-28 19:00   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
Thanks! But, again... can I have the original MP3s? For this and the other show? Please?

By the way, for those who might not know, it is not necessary to convert to WAV in order to remove gaps from MP3 files - MP3DirectCut does it without any reencoding.


What exactly do you expect to hear in these MP3 files, that is not in the FLACs? hmm

_________________
"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass." ~ Frank Zappa
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-10-12
Posts: 6586
Location: Sampa Hell
brazil.gif
Post 2013-12-28 19:17   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
yetanother wrote:
Thanks! But, again... can I have the original MP3s? For this and the other show? Please?

By the way, for those who might not know, it is not necessary to convert to WAV in order to remove gaps from MP3 files - MP3DirectCut does it without any reencoding.


What exactly do you expect to hear in these MP3 files, that is not in the FLACs? hmm

I have a more appropriate question for you: what exactly is there in these FLAC files that justifies the 200+ MB extra storage space they take up compared to the MP3s whence they are derived?

I already got the MP3s, by the way. (Thanks, Greg!)

_________________
nitramz.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5594
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-28 19:28   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
Pittylabelle wrote:
yetanother wrote:
Thanks! But, again... can I have the original MP3s? For this and the other show? Please?

By the way, for those who might not know, it is not necessary to convert to WAV in order to remove gaps from MP3 files - MP3DirectCut does it without any reencoding.


What exactly do you expect to hear in these MP3 files, that is not in the FLACs? hmm

I have a more appropriate question for you: what exactly is there in these FLAC files that justifies the 200+ MB extra storage space they take up compared to the MP3s whence they are derived?

I already got the MP3s, by the way. (Thanks, Greg!)


1. Some pops and clicks and stuff were also removed - is that possible with MP3 editors?

2. The show was re-tracked with correct song names.

Anyway, MP3 torrents in FZ Shows? I can't see that happening.

Maybe you ask the moderators?

_________________
"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass." ~ Frank Zappa


Last edited by Pittylabelle on 2013-12-29 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-10-12
Posts: 6586
Location: Sampa Hell
brazil.gif
Post 2013-12-28 19:36   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
yetanother wrote:
Pittylabelle wrote:
yetanother wrote:
Thanks! But, again... can I have the original MP3s? For this and the other show? Please?

By the way, for those who might not know, it is not necessary to convert to WAV in order to remove gaps from MP3 files - MP3DirectCut does it without any reencoding.


What exactly do you expect to hear in these MP3 files, that is not in the FLACs? hmm

I have a more appropriate question for you: what exactly is there in these FLAC files that justifies the 200+ MB extra storage space they take up compared to the MP3s whence they are derived?

I already got the MP3s, by the way. (Thanks, Greg!)


MP3 torrents in FZ Shows? I can't see that happening.

Maybe you ask the moderators?

I have no reason to do it, as I already got the originals. I think it's a point worth discussing, especially in cases where (again) all that converting to FLAC does is increase file size, but apparently there is not enough interest in this discussion to make it actually move forward. To me, your reply just shows how vague the borders are between the interests of historical preservation and sheer file extension fetishism.

_________________
nitramz.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
yetanother
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-10-12
Posts: 6586
Location: Sampa Hell
brazil.gif
Post 2013-12-28 19:40   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
Some pops and clicks and stuff were also removed - is that possible with MP3 editors?

In reply to this addition - I wasn't aware of the pops and clicks, as they are not stated in the description.

Pittylabelle wrote:
Lineage:

Lineage capturing (2013 05 14) by GregZ
-> Capturing: Stream Transport --> "Native" MP3 webstream capture (320 kbps / 44.1 kHz)
-> Editing: Sound Forge --> Gaps removed at the beginning and end of each singel MP3 file (conversion to WAV)
-> Coding: WAV to FLAC

Lineage production (2013 12 28) by Pittylabelle
-> Tracking: Sound Forge Pro 10.0
-> Coding: FLAC Frontend --> Level 8 / WAV to FLAC

To preserve the sound of the original recording as well as possible:
NO cut, NO fade-in or -out, NO track normalisation, NO sound filter!

In short: There is no music left out!

Doesn't seem to imply anything that actually makes format conversion necessary.

_________________
nitramz.com
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5594
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-28 19:58   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
To me, your reply just shows how vague the borders are between the interests of historical preservation and sheer file extension fetishism.


It's a little bit presumptuous to speak about "historical preservation" in this case. It's more "music preservation", when anything.

Hey, it's just an "inferior" MP3 source from Mr. Puck's website, because they are only streaming in MP3.
So, better quality of this recording must be existing somewhere in Mr. Puck's vaults.

Better quality will leak out one day, who knows. Wink

_________________
"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass." ~ Frank Zappa


Last edited by Pittylabelle on 2013-12-28 20:51; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5594
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-28 20:31   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
Doesn't seem to imply anything that actually makes format conversion necessary.


NO cut, NO fade-in or -out, NO track normalisation, NO sound filter!

That's correct, but additionally some pops and clicks (due to file merging) had to be pulled down.

_________________
"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass." ~ Frank Zappa
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rabbit
Contributor
Joined: 2005-06-20
Posts: 1037
uruguay.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-28 20:59   [Quote] 
Many thanks again GregZ and Pittylabelle!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mb666
Poster
Joined: 2006-11-11
Posts: 285
germany.gif
Post 2013-12-29 15:32   [Quote] 
I love these shows!

thanks alot
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
magz
Poster
Joined: 2007-07-21
Posts: 271
nepal.gif
Post 2014-01-03 06:21   [Quote] 
excellent show, many thanks to greg & pitty

the guitar is nice & prominent, some excellent solos & riffs by frank

_________________
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
Joined: 2006-04-08
Posts: 1239
Location: Austin
usa.gif
Post 2014-01-03 14:30   [Quote] 
I'll agree big time with Frank playing some awesome solos on these shows. The tone is awesome too.

_________________
Three rights make a left
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
deadjerryhead
Joined: 2014-01-29
Posts: 2
Post 2014-01-29 15:34   [Quote] 
Thanks for sharing Smile

I'm a newbie here but hope I get to jump on some new seeds so I can bring my ratio up.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
peternats99
Joined: 2007-02-02
Posts: 143
australia.gif
Post 2014-01-30 04:24   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
peternats99
Joined: 2007-02-02
Posts: 143
australia.gif
Post 2014-01-30 04:25   [Quote] 
Thanks again!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar