Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
fz a barron silence, a barron day on believe ?  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 58 ]
 
 
Author Message
doctorzap
Contributor
Joined: 2005-08-15
Posts: 4145
Location: West Haven CT
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-17 14:52   [Quote] 
maybe already all released ill let someone else be the judge of that

from 2 tapes labeled non trade ?

fz a barron silence, a barron day on believe

dr-1 / zoom 24 96 / sf11 / tlh
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
drdork
Contributor
Joined: 2008-04-05
Posts: 4344
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-17 18:37   [Quote] 
doctorzap wrote:
fz a barron silence

FZ performs John Cage's arrangement of the Forbidden Planet soundtrack?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
_sibbz_
Site Admin
Joined: 2004-06-29
Posts: 1730
Location: Stockholm
sweden.gif
Post 2013-12-17 20:11   [Quote] 
a little vague description but iŽll take it Smile

_________________
...and after this deadly review hits the paper...
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www]  [ICQ] 
yomo
Joined: 2006-09-18
Posts: 176
netherlands.gif
Post 2013-12-18 15:28   [Quote] 
heard the first 5 minutes.
Fantastic
i like this kind of FZ-material very much
Civilization?

thank you doctorzap
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
Joined: 2004-11-30
Posts: 6969
Location: over there ... and under here also
EU.gif
Post 2013-12-18 15:30   [Quote] 
Probably a copy of the CP III Demo.

Needs to be compared against pbuzby's seed:
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4925

First Track (STE-009.flac) starts with 'I Wish Motorhead Would Come Back', then N-Lite,
this seems to be the start of Disc 2 then.

_________________
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
frank2441
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-08-22
Posts: 2137
netherlands.gif
Post 2013-12-18 18:49   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
Probably a copy of the CP III Demo.

First Track (STE-009.flac) starts with 'I Wish Motorhead Would Come Back', then N-Lite,
this seems to be the start of Disc 2 then.


yes, and STE-011 sure sounds like Disc 1 indeed
Smile
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
Joined: 2004-11-30
Posts: 6969
Location: over there ... and under here also
EU.gif
Post 2013-12-19 12:36   [Quote] 
IMHO This sounds like a clear upgrade to our current seed of the CP III Demos. tunes

Many thanks for sharing this high res version here.

Quote:
fz a barron silence, a barron day on believe ?

Why this strange title ?

_________________
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 9421
usa.gif
Post 2013-12-19 14:10   [Quote] 
I believe Drew also sent an alternate copy of the CPIII Demo after I prepared my version. Have not checked yet to see if this was also an upgrade.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
Joined: 2005-06-21
Posts: 10298
Location: The Multiverse
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-19 14:35   [Quote] 
I remember it was a little hissy. So may not be? I don't know where my copy is at present?
I think it was from blackpage's tapes.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
Joined: 2005-08-15
Posts: 4145
Location: West Haven CT
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-19 14:46   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
IMHO This sounds like a clear upgrade to our current seed of the CP III Demos. tunes

Many thanks for sharing this high res version here.

Quote:
fz a barron silence, a barron day on believe ?

Why this strange title ?


that's what it says on tapes ?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
flambay
Site Admin
Joined: 2004-11-30
Posts: 6969
Location: over there ... and under here also
EU.gif
Post 2014-03-07 11:36   [Quote] 
Earlier I wrote:
IMHO This sounds like a clear upgrade to our current seed of the CP III Demos. tunes

Upon closer listening and comparing
I'd confirm that the largest part of this Robsam-doctorzap copy is indeed an upgrade to our current seed from pbuzby:
- the entire Disc 1 sounds better here
- Disc 2 Part1: both versions sounding about equal,
- Disc 2 Part2 (after the cut in Hot & Putrid) sounds better in pbuzby's version (cleaner & less hissy)
- around tape flip cuts in Dio Fa and Hot & Putrid: in both cases more material missing in pbuzby's copy.

My current opinion:
We should eventually replace our current CP III Demos seed
with a new version including
Disc1 and Disc 2(part 2) from this Robsam-doctorzap transfer
and Disc 2(part2) from the pbuzby copy (needs minor speed correction), including a patch in Hot & Putrid from this Robsam copy.

_________________
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
Joined: 2005-08-15
Posts: 4145
Location: West Haven CT
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-07 11:49   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
Earlier I wrote:
IMHO This sounds like a clear upgrade to our current seed of the CP III Demos. tunes

Upon closer listening and comparing
I'd confirm that the largest part of this Robsam-doctorzap copy is indeed an upgrade to our current seed from pbuzby:
- the entire Disc 1 sounds better here
- Disc 2 Part1: both versions sounding about equal,
- Disc 2 Part2 (after the cut in Hot & Putrid) sounds better in pbuzby's version (cleaner & less hissy)
- around tape flip cuts in Dio Fa and Hot & Putrid: in both cases more material missing in pbuzby's copy.

My current opinion:
We should eventually replace our current CP III Demos seed
with a new version including
Disc1 and Disc 2(part 2) from this Robsam-doctorzap transfer
and Disc 2(part2) from the pbuzby copy (needs minor speed correction), including a patch in Hot & Putrid from this Robsam copy.


HOLD OFF GOING TO DO THESE AGAIN AND WITH THE H6 IT IS A BETTER TRANSFER FOR SURE !
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
flambay
Site Admin
Joined: 2004-11-30
Posts: 6969
Location: over there ... and under here also
EU.gif
Post 2014-03-07 17:04   [Quote] 
doctorzap wrote:
HOLD OFF GOING TO DO THESE AGAIN AND WITH THE H6 IT IS A BETTER TRANSFER FOR SURE !

OK thanks.

Seeing that your new upload is over 1 GB bigger total size,
4.03 GB compared to 2.85 GB here -
does it include any more material than what's included here ?
flac format in both seeds is 24/96.

Thanks for clarifying.

_________________
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
Joined: 2005-08-15
Posts: 4145
Location: West Haven CT
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-03-07 17:40   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
doctorzap wrote:
HOLD OFF GOING TO DO THESE AGAIN AND WITH THE H6 IT IS A BETTER TRANSFER FOR SURE !

OK thanks.

Seeing that your new upload is over 1 GB bigger total size,
4.03 GB compared to 2.85 GB here -
does it include any more material than what's included here ?
flac format in both seeds is 24/96.

Thanks for clarifying.


JUST RAN OFF THE tape SIDES
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 1 of 1
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar