Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Why isn't Everything is Healing Nicely appreciated more?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-15 19:51   [Quote] 
cookie_manager wrote:
brainpang wrote:
cookie_manager wrote:
I find it a little boring.
yea, but the packaging makes a nice pillow and one can slip off into pleasant dreams.
- in particular with the lovely "Amnerica goes home" playing in the background. Smile

Amnerika is lovely. I prefer it to the CPIII verson. Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ed Organmax
Busy Poster
Post 2013-11-15 19:54   [Quote] 
My favourite track: 9/8 Objects
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2013-11-15 23:09   [Quote] 
Because it's just a bunch of disconnected material gathered from rehearsal sessions that never actually made it into a "definitive" form?

Having said that, I think it has its moments.

franktomatozappa wrote:
The Life and Times of Edgar Varese

You mean The Rage & The Fury?

cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-15 23:26   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
For some reason, it makes me really look forward to The Life and Times of Edgar Varese if that ever gets released. I get the sense that these 2 works would come from the same place. If you get my meaning Sir. headhammer

Do you mean :Varèse: The Rage And The Fury ?

http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/notes/The_Rage_And_The_Fury.html

I think this will be release #100
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-15 23:33   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:
The Life and Times of Edgar Varese

You mean The Rage & The Fury?

Everybody knows when one says Life and Times one really means Rage & the Fury.... roflol

Last edited by franktomatozappa on 2013-11-15 23:41; edited 2 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-15 23:39   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
Because it's just a bunch of disconnected material gathered from rehearsal sessions that never actually made it into a "definitive" form?

Is THAT not quintessential FZ?. Never mind his considerable chops as a melody constructor, arranger, orchestrator (not?), its his ability to put together seemingly "disconnected material" into a structure / form that has Conceptual Continuity that distinguishes his work for me. imslow

Come to think of it most of his best albums are just that. Abso Free, Lumpy Gravy, Uncle Meat. BWS, Sheik Y, Joe's Garage, Shut Up. In many ways, they work better some of the more deliberate projects (I would put Thing Fish in that category). roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-16 00:13   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
yetanother wrote:

Is THAT not quintessential FZ?. Never mind his considerable chops as a melody constructor, arranger, orchestrator (not?), its his ability to put together seemingly "disconnected material" into a structure / form that has Conceptual Continuity that distinguishes his work for me. imslow

Come to think of it most of his best albums are just that. Abso Free, Lumpy Gravy, Uncle Meat. BWS, Sheik Y, Joe's Garage, Shut Up. In many ways, they work better some of the more deliberate projects (I would put Thing Fish in that category). roflol

Two of my favorite albums are "audio collages": Lumpy Gravy & Läther

He was masterful with razor-blade editing.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2013-11-16 00:36   [Quote] 
You're missing the most important part of my sentence: "...never actually made it into a 'definitive' form".

I do find it extremely interesting as an "audio documentary", if you will...

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-16 01:20   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
You're missing the most important part of my sentence: "...never actually made it into a 'definitive' form".

I do find it extremely interesting as an "audio documentary", if you will...

Sorry didn't mean to misrepresent your views.

And but also who can listen to all that stuff about PFIQ the way its spoken with the German accent without splitting their sides laughing? That's some of the funniest stuff I've heard in the Zappa catalogue! roflol roflol roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-16 01:21   [Quote] 
cyranoDB wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:
yetanother wrote:

How could I have forgotten Lather? whipping
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-16 02:05   [Quote] 
If you want boring, quite honestly, most of CPIII is quite boring. Some great music here and there but a lot of the spoken word is a yawnfest. IMHO disbelief disbelief disbelief Laughing Laughing Laughing hmm
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-16 02:13   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
cyranoDB wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:
yetanother wrote:

How could I have forgotten Lather? whipping

I am at a loss...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mondolunch
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-16 13:39   [Quote] 
I know they are related, but I really enjoy putting on YS and EIHN together. They should have been released together IMO.

Very good music, and it made FZ as happy as he could have been under the circumstances.

Jazz ON!

Mondo

Wrangler update: ordered an antenna. Do not like the big 31 inch steel one. Besides, who listens to the radio anyway. The radio is broken.

Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2013-11-16 14:41   [Quote] 
I... like it. Not crazy about it, but it's historically important. Parts of it are very nice, others aren't so nice and overall it makes a pretty listen. My favorite track must be "Roland's Big Event/Strat Vindaloo"

cheers

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-11-16 14:43   [Quote] 
Mondolunch wrote:
I know they are related, but I really enjoy putting on YS and EIHN together. They should have been released together IMO.

Very good music, and it made FZ as happy as he could have been under the circumstances.

Jazz ON!

Mondo

Wrangler update: ordered an antenna. Do not like the big 31 inch steel one. Besides, who listens to the radio anyway. The radio is broken.

I think releasing it together would have made a lot of sense too. But I think it stands on its own too. I much prefer the mix on EIHN for some reason. More ambient? imslow
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors All times are GMT

Jump to: