Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
.FLAC version 1.3.0 officially released!  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2013-05-31 02:09   [Quote] 
Hydrogenaudio Forums wrote:
Almost 6 years after the prior release, the FLAC development team at Xiph.org, headed by Erik de Castro Lopo, has released a new version of FLAC. Excerpts from the changelog:
Supports RF64+Sony Wave64 formats
Can ignore timestamp/permissions from infile
Allow MM:SS:FF/MM:SS.SS times in non-CDDA cuesheets
Fixed ReplayGain on stdin
Appropriate channel masks for 6.1/7.1 surround input
Analyse gain in 56192 kHz files
Handle UTF-8 filenames on Windows
Support input files > 2/4 GB
Home: http://xiph.org/flac/

Full changelog here.

Win32 compiled binary here. (courtesy of RareWares.org)
Win64 compiled binary here. (courtesy of RareWares.org)

Official source code here. (courtesy of the official FLAC site at xiph.org)

foobar2000 free encoder pack has already been updated.

HydrogenAudio Forums thread

This is just the encoder - as far as I know, all current decoders will stay the same. You don't need to update your player, and judging from the changelog, most of what's been changed is along the lines of minor bugfixes and optimizations.

Probably not super-duper "update right this second" top-priority, but nice to keep in mind, especially if you're working with huge input files.

I imagine the hydrogenaudio thread will be the main "go-to" place for the techies, but it's nice to have our own little corner of the world for discussion. Smile
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Ob
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-05-31 06:16   [Quote] 
Funny. This is such a great format with no downside that I ever found, that I never considered an upgrade necessary. I'll have to jump onto the new encoders obviously.
Cheers Mr P

[Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2013-05-31 09:23   [Quote] 
Ob wrote:
This is such a great format...

Dunno 'bout dat.
I'm still waiting for a codec for my Ericsson mobile Mad

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-05-31 09:52   [Quote] 
LOL! Ericsson ... those were the days! headhammer
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ob
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-05-31 17:06   [Quote] 
TeePee - have you upgraded the RAM to 1MB or more?

[Profile]  [PM] 
ephceetera
Poster
kyrgyzstan.gif
Post 2014-11-26 20:16   [Quote] 
Heh - I haunt the Hydrogenaudio forums like a pest. Never joined 'em, but let's just say I outright spy on em and create some gizmos of my own based on theirs; BTW you guys oughta get yerselves a dBpoweramp - even the Foobar guys advertise it! And yeah, go to that forbidden place and look for a cracked-already-no-virus-at-all-cos-this-guy-seems-to-be-an-anomaly-there version - the name of the fella is ChingLiu. He just NEVER posts virulent stuff. I dunno what the hell is he doing there. You can't update it though, but every damn new codec that pops out INCLUDING WAV64 and the ultra glorious WMA Lossless (yeah man, it IS better than Flac - it fuckin does 5.1, what the hell else do you want? Plus OLD Foobars can read and decode it; that one that keeps popping up in my screenshots is the 1.3.3; they're already at the 1.3.5, which I have just as a portable one to test my junk around and it sucks. I must have more Foobars than Firefoxes, and that's sayin' something. Components? I have components from the ice ages even, some of them which rule, some of them that outright SUCK (You think the guy who compiled the fftwsomething-or-other - I have it here anyways in my windows Sys32 folder - library would actually pull out something AWESOME as all you need, like in the Dolby Headphone GODLIKE plugin, any oldass Cyberlink PowerDVD for his Dolby Prologic II plugin, but it SUCKS; a guy at hydrogenaudio made the Free Surround and it rules so much ass, I have (well, I WOULD anyway, just by turning on the Dolby Profile II on my laptop but it sounds terrible and fake) fuckin' surround in my laptop - WITHOUT headphones!) and man, that George Yohng guy is a friggin GENIUS. Being able to use of all things a FABFILTER PRO-Q on my Foobar is just the damn icing on the cake, exceptionally when you need to make presets on the go and call them "anti-unlistenable C- crap" for one. Having said that, surprisingly for a Dolby guy like me, the stuff you can do for MONO is great too. In fact, I've been going more and more the mono way; maybe I've got some brain damage. But that it rules, it rules. It's STEREO that bores me.

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker All times are GMT

Jump to: