Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Mike Keneally Band 2013 03 22 Manchester UK Aud (Kieranfunzig)
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner
DL-List
Complete: [ 67 ]

KieranFunzig
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-24 22:26   [Quote] 
The Mike Keneally Band live at the Night and Day Cafe, Manchester England 22 March 2013

Linage:
MIc>Digital Wav Recorder>EQ matching (Voyage to Manhood Guitar Therapy Live)>FLAC

Musicians:
Mike Keneally - Guitar, Keyboards & Vocals
Bryan Beller - Bass
Rick Musallam - Guitar and Vocals
Joe Travers - Drums and Vocals

Tracks:

01 Introductions
02 Frozen Beef
03 Pride is a Sin
04 I'm Raining Here Inside
05 Bobeau
06 Hum
07 Backwards Deb
08 You Kill Me
09 Tranquillado
10 Your House
11 Dolphins/1988
12 Bullys
13 Voyage to Manhood
14 Seven Percent Grade
15 Spoonguy
16 Uglytown
17 Cause of Breakfast
18 Encore Break
19 Potato

"Thanks, I will be back with my band!" was how Mike Keneally ended his first UK solo date at the Toucan in Cardiff Wales, 10 years and 6 days ago . We waited and waited and true to his word he came back with the classic 4-piece line up. It is difficult to communicate how excited I was to be seeing this gig. Nothing was going to stop me - not even having to drive through unseasonable snow (which, sadly stopped a number of others with tickets).

The gig its self was perfect. Rarely, does high expectation bring reward but it did in this case. I am so used to NOT going to MKB gigs that I had to keep reminding myself that what I was seeing was happening 3 feet in front of me, not on a DVD! 10 years ago at the Toucan I shouted a request for Tranquillado to which Mike "I would love to but I haven't rehearsed it". I made the same request this week and the band played it!

A huge thank you to the band for coming to the UK and to the excellent Godsticks (not forgetting Rhiannon), the support band on the tour, for helping to make it possible.

You have made me and a lot of other folks very happy!

Kieran
March 2013

Last edited by KieranFunzig on 2013-03-24 23:39; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Owy
england.gif
Post 2013-03-24 23:20   [Quote] 
Thanks for sharing your recording Kieran (didn't realise you were there or I would have said hi- I remember you from alt music mike keneally and the Toucan gig).
I echo your sentiments precisely. I was at the London, Manchester and Newcastle gigs and we were treated to a different set each night- and all utterly superb!

Oh yeah- and I was the 'guy with the hat shirt' Mike mentions before 'Ugly Town'- that made me happy!

Smile
Smile

tomtiddler
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-24 23:32   [Quote] 
Many thanks for this, I was hoping the band would throw in the occasional FZ track, although Godsticks did play What's New In Baltimore & Marquesons Chicken..
And despite the terrible weather, it was indeed a fantastic evening!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
KieranFunzig
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-24 23:37   [Quote] 
Owy wrote:

Oh yeah- and I was the 'guy with the hat shirt' Mike mentions before 'Ugly Town'- that made me happy!

I saw you (in the hat T) and thought you looked familiar!

Well next time (and Mike told me that there would be a next time) I can thank you in person for posting Ozzy at Donington 84 and we can talk about old Cardiacs gigs. There was a chap there who had a Cardiacs T shirt on and I wanted to say hi but once I got my spot in front of Bryan I didn't want to lose it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Owy
england.gif
Post 2013-03-24 23:42   [Quote] 
KieranFunzig wrote:
Owy wrote:

I saw you (in the hat T) and thought you looked familiar!

Well next time (and Mike told me that there would be a next time) I can thank you in person for posting Ozzy at Donington 84 and we can talk about old Cardiacs gigs. There was a chap there who had a Cardiacs T shirt on and I wanted to say hi but once I got my spot in front of Bryan I didn't want to lose it.

Sounds good!
I said hi to the bloke in the Cardiacs shirt and commented on his taste. I saw someone else (or possibly the same guy) in a Cardiacs shirt at the Borderline show too.
Smile

KieranFunzig
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-24 23:48   [Quote] 
[quote="Owy"][quote="KieranFunzig"]
Owy wrote:

I said hi to the bloke in the Cardiacs shirt and commented on his taste. I saw someone else (or possibly the same guy) in a Cardiacs shirt at the Borderline show too.
Smile

I think Kavus (guitarist last Cardiacs line up) was at the Borderline show and Matt Stevens (the opening act at Newcastle) is a fan.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Owy
england.gif
Post 2013-03-24 23:51   [Quote] 
[quote="KieranFunzig"][quote="Owy"]
KieranFunzig wrote:
Owy wrote:

Smile

I think Kavus (guitarist last Cardiacs line up) was at the Borderline show and Matt Stevens (the opening act at Newcastle) is a fan.

Ah, right. I don't recall seeing Kavus but he could well have been there- it was fairly crowded.
Saw Matt Stevens' set at the Cluny and he was really good.

Enema Bandit
Busy Poster
portugal.gif
Post 2013-03-25 01:41   [Quote] 
Many thanks for sharing, KieranFunzig!

tunes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
night_tools
Post 2013-03-25 03:13   [Quote] 
Thanks so much for posting this!
I just saw Mike & band in Edinburgh and met 'hoops' from this very forum.
I'm another big Cardiacs fan, seeing as this thread seems to have gone down that road.... I met Mike after the show and it sounds like he managed to catch up with Kavus at the London show - a meeting of great awesomeness, no doubt! Glad to see people following the universal rule of saying hello to anyone wearing a Cardiacs shirt. It's always stood me in good stead!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Ob
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-03-25 07:59   [Quote] 
Many Thanks for upping your recording. Nicely done as I was recording too and was watching out for anyone else who looked as still/suspicious as I did.

And just to complete the sense of weirdness I was at Donnington 84 too!

Kieran, we have to stop not meeting like this.

Anyway - do people want my recording too (24/96 yadda yadda)?

cheers

Ob

[Profile]  [PM] 
KieranFunzig
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-25 08:54   [Quote] 
A-ha, a Jon Poole T shirt. That's taking Cardiacs fan spotting to the next level, Night_tools!

Ob, I would to hear your hi-res capture, where were stood?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ob
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-03-25 09:11   [Quote] 
I was in a Zappateers T shirt with a Zappateers hoodie tied round my waist (standard gig uniform). I had a flat cap on with a recorder shaped bulge under it. And I was in the middle of the room just infront of the mixing desk. Where were you?

PS I'll get cracking on the hi-res after work....

[Profile]  [PM] 
Fruitcake
Busy Poster
Post 2013-03-25 10:38   [Quote] 
Couldn't have put the experience of finally getting to see the Mike Keneally Band any better myself. Many thanks for this, I shall certainly enjoy it.
I'll be interested to hear your recording too, Ob, as different parts of a room can do different things to the sound.
I'm hoping that some kind soul will record the Dutch Radio Broadcast when it happens as that will also be a treat.
An incredible band.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
KieranFunzig
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-25 13:28   [Quote] 
Ob wrote:
I was in a Zappateers T shirt with a Zappateers hoodie tied round my waist (standard gig uniform). I had a flat cap on with a recorder shaped bulge under it. And I was in the middle of the room just infront of the mixing desk. Where were you?

PS I'll get cracking on the hi-res after work....

Right at the front at Bryan's side. From where I filmed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5U9RCuwMqk

Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-03-25 17:55   [Quote] 
Thanks very much, KieranFunzig! tunes

night_tools wrote:
I just saw Mike & band in Edinburgh and met 'hoops' from this very forum.

It was a pleasure to meet you, Joe and the Two Petes...and what an awesome gig, huh? Here's to next time! Zappacheers!

Try the vines, you'll love it, it's a way of life...

That's the way the cookie crumbled..
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Mike Keneally Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: