Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Is there a list of Zappa radio broadcast LPs (westwood one type stuff) not bootlegs.  
vudicus
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2012-07-12 10:57   [Quote] 
I was wondering if there was a list of Zappa vinyl that was used for radio broadcasts.
I don't mean promo copies of official LPs, I mean like Live recordings etc. that were sent to radio stations for broadcast.

I just picked up a "Westwood One Superstar Concert Series" 3lp box of Fleetwood Mac Live from 1983 (1.49 in a charity shop!) and was wondering if there was any Zappa stuff like this out there.

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2012-07-12 14:11   [Quote] 
There were two Zappa King Biscuit shows from concerts performed in October 1977 and July 1980. Offhand I don't know of any others sent on vinyl to radio although there were others presumably sent on tape. Drew might know more.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2012-07-12 14:36   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
There were two Zappa King Biscuit shows from concerts performed in October 1977 and July 1980. Offhand I don't know of any others sent on vinyl to radio although there were others presumably sent on tape. Drew might know more.

Zappa did send out other sets but none were put to vinyl. A number of syndicated radio shows do have Zappa interviews on them though, that were put to vinyl. Many of them, maybe 15 to 25 different ones. Many PSA's used by stations also put on 45's had Zappa PSA's. As far as music I know of no others.
October 77 KBFH distributed on reel to reel
July 80 KBFH distrubuted on vinyl

AFAIK Westwoood One never did a Zappa show, although the recent build reel posted, may have been made for such a show? Possibly rejected by Westwood One, or other such organizations.
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=24411
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2012-07-12 14:45   [Quote] 
BTW I had forgotten that Zappa had considered the London 1978 shows for a radio broadcast (and even tells the audience this on the first track of the Hammersmith Odeon CD). I guess he rejected those in favor of the NYC 77 shows, but used the London tapes for Sheik Yerbouti.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doublebassy
uk.gif
Post 2012-07-12 19:59   [Quote] 
Presumably any radio broadcast that appeared on more than one station must have been distributed in some format. It would be great if a pre-FM reel-to-reel of the Un-concert or the Impossible Concert turned up.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
england.gif
Post 2012-07-13 00:06   [Quote] 
A short list - not all unique material (especially the Demento stuff)

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
vudicus
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2012-07-13 11:59   [Quote] 
Thanks for all the info peeps!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: