Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1969 06 06 London England 106.39 Aud (walk)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-07-05 22:19   [Quote] 
Before the second set, FZ says, "We're going to play a song called 'Hot Rats'." (This has been edited out of Finer Moments.) As mentioned in another thread, this title appears to have been used for two different pieces that were performed in this set:

1. Low Budget, which is listed as Hot Rats in the session sheets for JLP's King Kong album.

2. Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue, which Don Preston said was originally known as Hot Rats.

I don't know which piece FZ had in mind when he mentioned this title at the RAH.

Speaking of EDMB, this performance has an additional module in the middle (1:051:48) that's not heard in other versions. I'm not sure, but I think this is the same thing that was played against Louie Louie and Sunshine Of Your Love in the passacaglia at several shows later in the summer of 1969 (7/5/69 Newport, 8/2/69 Central Park, 8/6/69 Highland Park).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 4 of 4 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: