Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1988 05 01 - Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden Aud 1st gen (RobSam doctorzap)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 38 ]

doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-12-30 10:04   [Quote] 
Zappy New Year Everybody
Lineage : Maxell XLII-S 1ST gen > Nakamichi DR-1 > Realtek HDAudio pentium i7 > Soundforge 10 Pro Highest quality setting Izotope 64 bit src downsampling / MBIT+dither> TLH ...........
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
54herve
france.gif
Post 2011-12-30 11:18   [Quote] 
thank you!! zappy new year
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mudsharknyc
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2011-12-31 15:07   [Quote] 
WOW! What an upgrade Very Happy Thanks RobSam doctorzap !
PBS
Pure Sonic Bliss.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yuke
Busy Poster
Post 2011-12-31 15:24   [Quote] 
mudsharknyc wrote:
WOW! What an upgrade Very Happy Thanks RobSam doctorzap !
PBS
Pure Sonic Bliss.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I must ask (plus I just woke up). This is an upgrade to which show? I have the "1988 05 01 Stockholm, Sweden 146.22 SBD/AUD (TOGFIADO-Yojimbo-MrU-Fl-unicrayon)" posted by flambay on Sept. '09. But, I do notice there's at least 4 others. Is this a SBD or Aud?

Happy New Year - and thank you for all your great work Robsam & doctorzap (and all) !! party2
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2011-12-31 15:41   [Quote] 
I assume this is the AUD.

IMO both the AUD and SBD of this show should be heard. The SBD of course sound great (and lets you hear some quiet remarks between FZ and the band inaudible on the AUD) but has very little audience in the mix so you don't hear the laughter over the "dragonmaster" lyric changes.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mudsharknyc
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2011-12-31 16:03   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
I assume this is the AUD.

IMO both the AUD and SBD of this show should be heard. The SBD of course sound great (and lets you hear some quiet remarks between FZ and the band inaudible on the AUD) but has very little audience in the mix so you don't hear the laughter over the "dragonmaster" lyric changes.

Agreed on pbuzby comment both the SBD & AUD should both be enjoyed. Yes this is the AUD, and stood out immediately as a substantial upgrade at an already excellent sounding FZ Shows version.

Tape flips seem to correlate with the tape sides here as well, and this is all based on a preliminary preview listen, of course, so i may be missing other not obvious cuts in the tape source:

1988 05 01 t1 a begins with Stockholm Aud / Tune Up
1988 05 01 t1 a ends just after the end of Hot Plate Heaven upon the very first note of Cosmik Debris
1988 05 01 t1 b begins during Cosmik Debris just before the first verse
1988 05 01 t1 b end in Torture just after "Opal, you crispy little bitch"
1988 05 01 t2 a begins with "crispy little critter" hence Torture continued
1988 05 01 t2 a ends during audience after Stairway
1988 05 01 t2 b begins at audience cheers well before FZ introduced Dweezil, tape gets a bit swooshy at the beginning of this tape side

Overall a highly enjoyable dragonmaster concert!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mudsharknyc
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2012-01-03 15:47   [Quote] 
Well, time to chime back in here and somewhat digress. Embarassed Thankfully my first impressions didnt get crosschecked across the boards.

Yes this tape sounds great, but after a more thorough listen, I would not state that it is a substantial upgrade by any means, but rather a great sounding tape that is right in league with the Yojimbo and the TS fastfatty flambay versions.

I have no idea what the heck I was comparing this tape to originally. hmm

Still giving thanks for this one to RS & DRZ, it provided a nice listen during the holiday commute.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT

Jump to: