Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1989 12 22 Los Angeles CA 266.07 AUD 1ST (Robsam-Drew51) The Interview Of the Century (22 years ago today)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Interviews/Radio Shows
mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2011-12-28 19:55   [Quote] 
Was "Falling In Love Is A Stupid Habit" really not an FZ tune? First time I heard this, and from FZ himself.....hmmmmm.....anyone?

yours in FZ,
mike
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2011-12-28 20:00   [Quote] 
That's what FZ says here. If so, it sure is a good imitation of FZ on the recording we have though.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-12-28 20:23   [Quote] 
Frank also said he didn't play with Pink Floyd, and he did. For sure it is Frank.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2011-12-28 20:36   [Quote] 
Drew51 wrote:
Frank also said he didn't play with Pink Floyd, and he did. For sure it is Frank.

Exactly. Also JCB confirmed it was Frank

cheers

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-12-28 20:55   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
Drew51 wrote:

Exactly. Also JCB confirmed it was Frank

cheers

He was mad at JCB for some reason or another? The law suit or something? I think the law suit, maybe the fact he leaked it? As the piece Falling In Love Is A Stupid Habit, originates from JCB.

Last edited by Drew51 on 2011-12-29 02:03; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mike comisky
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2011-12-29 00:36   [Quote] 
This is why history is so difficult to chronicle, let alone juris prudence. As events slide further into the past, everyone's recollection becomes cloudier. Fortunately for FZ fans, there is this site where devotees of the master's music can be discussed. Too bad GZ didn't set up something like this about 18 years ago....ah well. Thanks again for this great interview and thank you all for your responses, as always.

yours in FZ,
mike
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
philippines.gif
Contributor
Post 2012-01-02 14:39   [Quote] 
I'd once again like to say big thanks to Drew for all the hard work in putting this interview together yet again and preserving it for history. Huge thanks to Den for conducting one of the the best FZ interviews ever. His knowledge of FZ's music in particular and music in general was the reason why this interview is so amazing. The amount of conceptual continiuity revealed and explored here is unparalleled in any other FZ interview I've ever heard. A 'Buxton Hoof' thanks to Eric for being the guy who had the 'in' with Frank which was the key to getting us the interview in the first place. And once again, tremendous thanks to Frank for his generosity, genius and humility. "I can't see you, but I know you're out there." (Although, I can still hear the music and words that you left for us...thanks Frank!!!)
I hope everyone enjoys this 'Interview of the Century'! Being present for this interview is still the highlight of my life. It was a privilege and honor I will never forget. It was also an extra special delight to make Frank laugh a couple times. "Jiggle your ornaments!"

Last edited by robsam on 2012-02-29 05:54; edited 3 times in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
randolphr
Post 2012-01-19 04:12   [Quote] 
Superb !!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
roboticpumpkin
usa.gif
Post 2012-02-29 17:57   [Quote] 
Freaking amazing! Thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
schultzzz
Post 2013-02-22 12:57   [Quote] 
Thanks for putting this together! I've been going through FZ's discography this year, and started to want to hear interviews to provide some more context. This looks like far and away the most comprehensive interview, and obviously took a lot of time to edit together, so thanks for that!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-02-22 13:54   [Quote] 
schultzzz wrote:
Thanks for putting this together! I've been going through FZ's discography this year, and started to want to hear interviews to provide some more context. This looks like far and away the most comprehensive interview, and obviously took a lot of time to edit together, so thanks for that!

Yes on all accounts! Thanks for the comments!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle Z
Busy Poster
ukraine.gif
Post 2015-04-26 12:49   [Quote] 
His words are interesting as well as his music - thanks a lot!

uncle Z
Busy Poster
ukraine.gif
Post 2015-04-27 09:17   [Quote] 
Thank you very much!
Smile

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Interviews/Radio Shows All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: