Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
YCFOSA downloads
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
cmore
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-11 04:52   [Quote] 
So, next week is the three year anniversary of that fall tour. If you are a member of dzworld, why not go to the forums and let him know how you feel about your downloads that you paid for.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jgrem
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-11 07:42   [Quote] 
Don't bother - he'll just tell you that they were "free", so you shouldn't complain. Never mind the fact that they were advertised as PART OF THE PRICE OF THE TICKET. It's amazing that Dweezil made such an issue about the quality of the recordings being worth it for the fans, then never released them at all.

That whole thing was some serious B.S.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cmore
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-11 13:44   [Quote] 
I know. That's my point. It is some serious B.S. As you said, jgrem, they were not free. They were bought and paid for. Say you went to your local record shop and bought a cd. The shop owner tells you "that'll be released in seven days, why don't you pay for it now and we'll get it to you soon". If after three years you still don't have said cd in your greedy little fingers, then I think you have the right to say something. I know DZ will probably either ignore our pleas or chastise us for daring to ask. But ask we must. We are talking thousands of people here, if a few of us raise up and start asking questions, maybe we'll get an honest answer. Like I never intended to release them. I got your money. Ha ha all the way to the bank.

I just want to hear DZ say it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cmore
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-23 23:29   [Quote] 
DZ's reply dated 10/23

There is an updated note in the YCFOSA section. I've been very clear with everyone as to what the delays are and what has been going on during this time. The downloads will get done and once they are they will all be released at once.

The majority of people understand the circumstances that caused the delays - the engineer that was hired to do the job completely flaked and derailed the project and I have been enduring divorce proceedings that have turned my life upside down for the last 21/2 years. - Some of you don't care about that and can't try to relate and you want to be angry and frustrated by a benign situation.

That's perfectly fine. You can boycott and do all of the things you want to do that's your choice.

Meanwhile I'll continue to do the best I can to get the downloads done all by myself as quickly as I can and with the same attention to detail and sound quality that matches the previous shows that have been completed. Each show is 48 tracks and over 2 and 15 minutes or more.

Again, as I have said I'll release them all when they are all complete. 6 are currently done.

DZ

So after three years six shows are done and two released. Rest easy folks. By 2016 they should all be done.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WIU2B
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-10-24 06:12   [Quote] 
Quote:
So after three years six shows are done and two released. Rest easy folks. By 2016 they should all be done.

Anyone asked Dweezil to put these shows in our Shoebox?

Zappacheers!

[Profile]  [PM] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2011-10-24 06:19   [Quote] 
cmore wrote:
DZ's reply dated 10/23

There is an updated note in the YCFOSA section. I've been very clear with everyone as to what the delays are and what has been going on during this time. The downloads will get done and once they are they will all be released at once.

The majority of people understand the circumstances that caused the delays - the engineer that was hired to do the job completely flaked and derailed the project and I have been enduring divorce proceedings that have turned my life upside down for the last 21/2 years. - Some of you don't care about that and can't try to relate and you want to be angry and frustrated by a benign situation.

That's perfectly fine. You can boycott and do all of the things you want to do that's your choice.

Meanwhile I'll continue to do the best I can to get the downloads done all by myself as quickly as I can and with the same attention to detail and sound quality that matches the previous shows that have been completed. Each show is 48 tracks and over 2 and 15 minutes or more.

Again, as I have said I'll release them all when they are all complete. 6 are currently done.

DZ

out of touch - spoiled
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2011-10-29 16:23   [Quote] 
I had so little interest I gave my laminate card away with the codes for the d/l. Feel like a real heel as I thought I was doin' my friend a solid.

I should clarify, not that anyone cares, but will.

ZPZ is strictly a live act for me. Think it is great that he is doing it. I just have no interest in it oustside the live experience (and after 2x I'm basically done with that, too. Nuthin' to do with Dweezil, it's just enough to last me a lifetime).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cmore
usa.gif
Post 2012-10-19 20:06   [Quote] 
Time to kick that dead horse, again. Another year has come and gone and not even a recent update on the YCFOSA shows. Not that I, or probably anyone else is surprised. Too bad. I'm not sure what it goes to show, but I'm sure it goes to show something. Probably that I need to just let this go. He got my money for four concert recordings and I got nothin'. Ain't it sad when you got so much nothin'? I am really shocked that the thousands of folks who are still waiting have said so little. It has only been four years, perhaps in four more...

I would really like to purchase those FOH cd's, but can't in good faith give that man any more of my money until he has given me what I already paid for almost fifteen hundred days ago.

Thanks for listening. I feel better now. Just hope I don't have dig up this tread again next year.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cmore
usa.gif
Post 2013-10-18 00:04   [Quote] 
Well, here it is. It's next year, again. Five years now and still no shows to download (mp3s for crying out loud). I guess it just goes to show that if DZ can't make money on it, it ain't gonna happen. If anyone wants to buy my download codes (I have three), let me know. Just send me the money and in six or seven years I might get around to sending them out. What a great business model.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2013-10-18 08:05   [Quote] 
cmore wrote:
Well, here it is. It's next year, again. Five years now and still no shows to download (mp3s for crying out loud). I guess it just goes to show that if DZ can't make money on it, it ain't gonna happen. If anyone wants to buy my download codes (I have three), let me know. Just send me the money and in six or seven years I might get around to sending them out. What a great business model.

I appreciate the frustration but life is all about accepting some things just ain't gonna happen and letting go (for the sake of your OWN happiness and sanity)... roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-10-18 20:17   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
I had so little interest I gave my laminate card away with the codes for the d/l. Feel like a real heel as I thought I was doin' my friend a solid.

I should clarify, not that anyone cares, but will.

ZPZ is strictly a live act for me. Think it is great that he is doing it. I just have no interest in it oustside the live experience (and after 2x I'm basically done with that, too. Nuthin' to do with Dweezil, it's just enough to last me a lifetime).

I'm with you on this... I really enjoy and appreciate them as a live band - but I dont care about hearing it recorded - its not the same to me.

roboticpumpkin
usa.gif
Post 2013-10-29 12:45   [Quote] 
jgrem wrote:
Don't bother - he'll just tell you that they were "free", so you shouldn't complain. Never mind the fact that they were advertised as PART OF THE PRICE OF THE TICKET. It's amazing that Dweezil made such an issue about the quality of the recordings being worth it for the fans, then never released them at all.

That whole thing was some serious B.S.

agreed, total BS!!!

jazzlady
usa.gif
Post 2014-02-15 06:40   [Quote] 
I guess the reason Dweezil cannot release the FZ "Roxy" video is because of his divorce? I cannot believe the scam that DZ had with having people buy a license to sell the audio of Roxy for HIM so he can have the money to release the video. What bullshit! Has the ZFT already spent all of daddy's money, including his residuals?

DZ is not all bad. I saw the ZPZ show two weeks ago at Humboldt State U. He still puts on a decent show and Scheila always rocks. The best part about it was finding FZ Road tapes vol. 2 at the merch table. It is a two CD set taken from three shows in Finland during August 1973. I had never heard anything close to an entire show from 1973 with JLP. It was so awesome it forced me into DL a 1973 show from the tracker.

I cannot comment on the ZPZ show downloads. The reason is that Dweezil did not even offer that service when they played the SF Bay Area that year. The posts do bother me though and have affected DZ reputation with me.

I do miss Frank. That is what makes his music, videos, and this community very important for continued bliss in my life.

"Music is the best." - FZ
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-02-15 08:09   [Quote] 
sorry folks guess I fucked up again !
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-02-15 17:35   [Quote] 
so when we gonna get some dweezil stuff posted here
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

Jump to: