Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Album for today. (V2.0)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 69, 70, 71  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
PaulusS
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2019-07-12 23:06   [Quote] 

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-13 00:29   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:

The accursed Captain Beyond. When I was a wee tyke on the prowl for Captain Beefheart records my heart would
skip a beat when I saw there was SOMETHING in the CB section. But when I flicked it open all I would find is that
damn misfiled Captain Beyond record staring at me. This must have occurred a half dozen times. In different shops.
I think I would move it to where it belonged, but some jerk off would put it back. I've tried to listen to it in later years
but the disappointment is ingrained, can't give it a fair shake.

today:::

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85–92 (1992)

So great. I lie down on the sofa and go in and out of consciousness. As close to taking drugs as I come. Genius stuff.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-07-13 05:16   [Quote] 
A lot of great stuff on this page! Excellent music floating around here.

I just listened to Steven Wilson's "Radier II," his KC osmosis product from Grace for Drowning. Fucking amazing! I'm not always nuts about his sonic pallette for the remixes he has made of famous prog records (they sizzle a bit and I think they sound sterilized somewhat). I appreciate them but don't always prefer them. But this track is something else. He really absorbed the aesthetic of the early KC style and incorporated it into the track, I think. Maybe I am just hearing what I want to hear. But I think if there is a parallel universe where Lizard and Islands get made in 2011 and do not exist in their own decades, then that's exactly what they would aound like.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Post 2019-07-13 07:03   [Quote] 
Elephant9 with Reine Fiske - Psychedelic Backfire II - Rune Grammofon 2019

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-13 09:29   [Quote] 
scoobie wrote:

I just listened to Steven Wilson's "Radier II," his KC osmosis product from Grace for Drowning. Fucking amazing! I'm not always nuts about his sonic pallette for the remixes he has made of famous prog records (they sizzle a bit and I think they sound sterilized somewhat). I appreciate them but don't always prefer them. But this track is something else. He really absorbed the aesthetic of the early KC style and incorporated it into the track, I think. Maybe I am just hearing what I want to hear. But I think if there is a parallel universe where Lizard and Islands get made in 2011 and do not exist in their own decades, then that's exactly what they would aound like.

Diggin that track right now! Thanks! - Is "KC osmosis product" your branding? ...I can totally see why...so many "hints" to KC aesthetics, riff structures, sounds, etc.

scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-07-13 22:30   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
scoobie wrote:

Diggin that track right now! Thanks! - Is "KC osmosis product" your branding? ...I can totally see why...so many "hints" to KC aesthetics, riff structures, sounds, etc.

That's my description. Seems like what it is, to me. I wish they aold it in cans. KC Osmosis Product lager. Concentrated essence! Dilute woth flowtrol and use on canvas.

Working my way through the early Supertramp discography today.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-07-14 03:35   [Quote] 
Crime of the Century is an interesting one. So is the followup. They sound rehearsed and neat, bluesy but leaning toward theatrics. More accessible and straight forward than long-form early Genesis. The music reminds me of early Dire Straits, chewy like Steely Dan with the drama of mid 70s Jethro Tull. Cool stuff.

I didn't like Supertramp for a long time, although I loved their album covers... My only exposure to them was through their 80s output, and the Breakfast in America record. It struck me like 80s Genesis did. I hated it! It's nice to feel like I saved something for later.

Spinning the extended remix of "Owner of a Lonely Heart" right now. Then onto A/B comparisons of some Steven Wilson remixes with the originals. Heavy Horses, I think.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-14 07:13   [Quote] 
scoobie wrote:
Crime of the Century is an interesting one.
Yup. That and the debut are the two Supertramp-LPs I kept.

today:

Der Plan: geri reig (1980)

When an older drum student of mine gave me that record in the late 90s, I was mesmerized. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZTgo4uEO3o was one of those WTF-moments for me. I was familiar with the popular stuff from the NDW, grew up with it in the early 80s, but never heard anything like that before. With Der Plan, German New Wave wasn't the musical joke from when I was 10, but it was a band I could relate to as a fan of experimental music. Maybe two years later the Teipel-book came out, and that put a whole new genre on the map for me (all that more obscure german post-punk stuff).

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-14 12:50   [Quote] 

PaulusS
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2019-07-14 14:28   [Quote] 

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-14 22:31   [Quote] 
Harry Partch - The Bewitched (1958)

Listening to the 2005 re-master on New World. Makes a world of difference. For the better.
I used to own the LP, but then went to CD and never liked it as much as I remembered.
Now I may know why. The Bewitched now rivals Delusion for best long-form HP (tho' I still
need to listen to Courtyard to confirm that).
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-07-15 06:27   [Quote] 

King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon

Side One sounds like a replica of KC's first album's side one:
Pictures Of A City > 21st Century Schizoid Man
Cadence & Cascade > I Talk To The Wind
In The Wake Of Poseidon > Epitaph

The Title Track is beeeeaaaauuutiful going even beyond Epitaph and Greg Lake hits a career highlight with his performance here, I think.

PS
I agree on Supertramp's Crime Of The Century being a good one

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-15 22:38   [Quote] 
Boards Of Canada ‎– Music Has The Right To Children (1998)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2019-07-16 09:47   [Quote] 
Packing for Zappanale...

uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-07-17 06:04   [Quote] 
Jethro Tull Day:

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 44 of 71 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: