Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1981 Chalk Pie Unreleased Double LP 3rd 69.11 (RobSam-DrZap-JWB)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-30 01:55   [Quote] 
One last question regarding:

05 Chalk Pie
1981 12 07 Salt Lake City

Do we know which song this solo comes from?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-11-30 01:59   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-30 02:02   [Quote] 
Thanks JWB
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-11-30 08:57   [Quote] 
cyranoDB wrote:
Can you check/confirm if Track 9 is indeed from The Torture Never Stops - 1980 11-11?

and check/confirm if Track 12 is indeed from The Black Page #2 - 1981 12 12 San Diego (Early)?

No hurry just when someone gets a chance.

I think what's being said (although they are too polite to say it) in this thread is:
If you listen to these tracks on your Chalk Pie album and then listen to the tracks from the shows you will be able to ''check/confirm'' these things for yourself.

FOB. Smile

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-30 12:50   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
cyranoDB wrote:
Can you check/confirm if Track 9 is indeed from The Torture Never Stops - 1980 11-11?

and check/confirm if Track 12 is indeed from The Black Page #2 - 1981 12 12 San Diego (Early)?

No hurry just when someone gets a chance.

I think what's being said (although they are too polite to say it) in this thread is:
If you listen to these tracks on your Chalk Pie album and then listen to the tracks from the shows you will be able to ''check/confirm'' these things for yourself.

FOB. Smile

I would not have asked if I actually had the other shows in my possession. Perhaps I should have let this be known.

I do think it is very important to know the song(s) from which solos are extracted/sourced, if known. The rest of this release was fairly straight forward. [Frankly I forgot the track Chalk Pie is on Guitar, or I would have found out without asking.]

Thank you FOB, I should have given more detail in my initial post.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-11-30 13:57   [Quote] 
Smile
No worries cyrano08 (don't worry about me.... I'm just a miserable old sod..... Neutral )

I agree about the importance of knowing the song sources of solos, I wondered if you have ever looked at The Live Sources Database? It's a little bit out of date I think (in that it doesn't have the more recent releases) but there is still fantastic information in there! If you haven't looked there before it's definitely worth it.

FOB. Smile

PS: If you need a seed to download any shows just put a request into the Requests sub-forum

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-30 14:00   [Quote] 
Listen to some of our recordings and you'll find that they played "Zoot Allures" with that A7 reggae solo vamp from "Chalk Pie" to open many, many shows from the Thunes/Wackerman years.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-11-30 17:37   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
Smile
No worries cyrano08 (don't worry about me.... I'm just a miserable old sod..... Neutral )

I agree about the importance of knowing the song sources of solos, I wondered if you have ever looked at The Live Sources Database? It's a little bit out of date I think (in that it doesn't have the more recent releases) but there is still fantastic information in there! If you haven't looked there before it's definitely worth it.

FOB. Smile

PS: If you need a seed to download any shows just put a request into the Requests sub-forum

Thanks FOB (I probably still have those other shows on cassette) roflol Embarassed

The thread on TMFU reminded me I had a CDR of Chalk Pie and Crush All Boxes I wanted to make sure I labelled them right in WinAmp. roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2013-12-02 01:48   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
Smile

FOB. Smile

I was also directed to the Zappa Patio where they compile a lot of info about unreleased material [planned,and/or discussed publicly and may or may not had a test pressing or acetate, etc.]
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2013-12-02 04:03   [Quote] 
cyranoDB wrote:
The thread on TMFU reminded me I had a CDR of Chalk Pie and Crush All Boxes I wanted to make sure I labelled them right in WinAmp. roflol

Why not download these upgrades? "I have an old CDR" usually means "I have an old horrible ninja version".
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2013-12-02 10:58   [Quote] 
JWB wrote:
cyranoDB wrote:

Why not download these upgrades?

Gotta agree with JWB there, Those two upgrades are fantastic sounding versions and are essential 'must haves' for any FZ freak.

FOB. Smile

[Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2013-12-05 18:38   [Quote] 
This somewhat escaped me. I remember having this album in mp3 a while ago. I liked it, but was not mindblown. Replaced my old inferior copy with this one. Wow, great sound! Some tape glitches, but nothing offensive and nothing that can be fixed. And this time I'm mindblown. What a great album.

cheers

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2013-12-14 01:02   [Quote] 
Quote:
11 Moggio
1981 11 27 Chicago (Late)

As mentioned in another recent thread it seems "Moggio" is also partly from the 1981 12 11 (E) Santa Monica show, and possibly other shows. Will try to find time to investigate this more soon.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2013-12-19 03:43   [Quote] 
Confirmed that the beginning of "Moggio" is from Santa Monica, editing to Chicago at 2:07.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
LittleWing13
germany.gif
Post 2014-01-29 14:19   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot,JWB!
I had this boot before,but just as 128kbit/s recording.So thank you very mucho giving me the opportunity to download this lossfree recording.Not so easy to get...
Great stuff as always.Zappa is one of the few entertaining performers onstage and you will never know what will happen that special night.But what do I tell you? You will already know...
So,once again:Thanks a lot...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 8 of 9 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased All times are GMT

Jump to: